1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
abc450 wrote:
"
Zapeto wrote:
"
T33mon wrote:
Does anybody have this build around level 70-80?
How much DPS and health do you have assuming you have low end (1-2ex worth) gear?
Can you link you passive tree and gear?

I'm currently a lvl 70 groundslammer.
HP: 4,2k
GS: 7,4k
HS: 12,4k
My gear is all self-found and I am running Hatred and Herald of Ash. Once I get enough Chaos Resistance on my gear I will be running Blood Rage for leech. I sustain my life from flasks for now.

Tree:

Gear:
Spoiler

How do you manage to spam GS without blood magic and mana flasks, while having 2 auras up?

As he mentioned he sustains his life with HP flasks atm.
"

I mean how does he have mana to spam GS and have 2 auras up when not even using mana flasks. I see no blood magic in gems nor passive tree.
"
abc450 wrote:
"

I mean how does he have mana to spam GS and have 2 auras up when not even using mana flasks. I see no blood magic in gems nor passive tree.

Sry did not read your comment properly.

Edit: Level 57
Spoiler

Progression is ok in my opinion. Need a 350+ DPS maul or an marohi later on but it will be ok in my opinion. Some items are self found some are not. Total cost spend for buying/linking etc. ~6c
Last edited by Denzo626262 on Aug 28, 2014, 10:59:18 PM
I replied last night but it's not here anymore....

Anyways, you can skip BM if you have some manaleech, either from gear or Warlord's mark curse. Passive tree also has some mana regen, best in our reach is Mana Geyser imo, but leech could be enough by itself.
"
abc450 wrote:

How do you manage to spam GS without blood magic and mana flasks, while having 2 auras up?

Some comments:

1% mana leech is enough for me with my physical damage throughput to sustain spamming GS. If you have lower output you can opt for 2%. With the Forsaken Masters you have the option to add mana leech as a prefix on weapon/rings/amulets/gloves, so it is easier to get now than in previous leagues.

Using multistrike greatly improves your spamming ability. Even if you attack faster, you only use up mana once for all 3 strikes, and the 3 strikes takes longer than one unlinked attack. This will give you more time to leech your mana.

I am only using a 4L right now. This has a low mana cost, so I spend only a small part of my mana every strike. When you start getting more links, hence increasing the attack cost, even if you leech back a larger amount of mana than your attack costs, you may still be limited to the leech cap of 20% of your max mana/sec. This may force you to get max mana on gear (preferrably) or in the tree (terrible but sometimes necessary). Levels increase your mana pool and may in time solve your mana issues, so you can respecc/regear for more damage/surv.
Last edited by Zapeto on Aug 29, 2014, 3:41:43 AM
I have to say that I love this skill with multistrike. While I do love the heavy damage of the single strike, multistrike feels a lot safer, especially when I'm surrounded.

Groundslam has some problems with small or fast enemies that swarm you, because it attacks in a cone. Anybody right in your face is going to be missed by that cone unless they are directly in front you. With multistrike, however, it automatically adjusts its aim to ensure that you are hitting every target around you, and much more quickly than you could have if you had done it manually. I melt mobs much more quickly with multistrike. Furthermore, it does more DPS (granted, at a cost of less damage per hit, resulting in less overall damage to enemies with high armor ratings, but the spammability and stun-lock potential of groundslam makes up for that IMO by hitting them far more frequently).
Thank you. Im only starting but this is allowing me to enjoy the game.

After years without playing online the forum and the wiki have tons of information and only reading, without actual xp, is too much. At least with this i have a starting point and the build seems solid while im learning game mechanics.

Now i have to study recipes/orbs and if only i could buy wisdom with gold i would be a happy player, i guess i should stop identifying everything i loot xd
"
Zazulio wrote:
I have to say that I love this skill with multistrike. While I do love the heavy damage of the single strike, multistrike feels a lot safer, especially when I'm surrounded.

Groundslam has some problems with small or fast enemies that swarm you, because it attacks in a cone. Anybody right in your face is going to be missed by that cone unless they are directly in front you. With multistrike, however, it automatically adjusts its aim to ensure that you are hitting every target around you, and much more quickly than you could have if you had done it manually. I melt mobs much more quickly with multistrike. Furthermore, it does more DPS (granted, at a cost of less damage per hit, resulting in less overall damage to enemies with high armor ratings, but the spammability and stun-lock potential of groundslam makes up for that IMO by hitting them far more frequently).

Dunno but somehow you need a 5L for GS with Multistrike :D

Edit: And GS sucks kinda with Multistrike
Last edited by Denzo626262 on Aug 30, 2014, 9:24:12 PM
I have been following this build using GS until level ~60 and right now I am experimenting with LS a bit and get decent dps.
Last edited by Warloghe on Aug 31, 2014, 8:34:42 AM
I just noticed under the "Equipment" tab that they last weapon listed has the "h" and "r" reversed.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marohi_Erqi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info