1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Strong build and the only problem is no spell block. Almost every boss can be stunned and spell exiles can be problem if u dont get them fast with HS (sometimes with a lot of mobs on screen its harder to find them lol). Lag and non moving (couple sec) while multi can kill u too.

Passive Tree lvl 90
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEU9hiRGekaOBpVG8gnLymlMZ4yCTWSNug5DjrYOuE9_ECgQT9DMUTnTdhN404qUEdR5lcNWGNYr1nzXhNfP2BLYSFko2dYah5qO2qTa9lsRnJscqlyu3TteA1673uMfNmBb4M4hO-GO4jxjHaMz5BVkc6ePJ65ns2fy6FtogCkrKZXpzCnhKgYqWipbqlzrKq0L7XytkG5zbvtvJ--p8APwBrBBMbY0iHSTdXt2WHewd-_45_krew47w7vfPAf8i_yRfZI9zL3vv6P

Took IR to use that evasion because evasion is crap. That gives u extra DEX. Leather and steel will give u movement, u will be very fast with it and Acceleration is extra DEX + DPS. Rest is almost same as source tree. I have 5.5k life, good armor (no problem with anything that do phys dmg and 12k dps gs. 5.5k is too much and u can choose more dps nodes.

Gear
Spoiler

Links on GS should be Faster Attacks, Multi, Melee phys dmg, Concentrated Effect and if u have 6l last one culling strike or add fire dmg. Point of GS is stun duration inc 100% and 50% reduced threshold. That means every white, blue and yellow mob u hit will be perma stunned.

With HS stun duration is same but threshold is 115%. U will stun almost every boss in game.
This is a cheap build to start with and viable until just before Dominus on Merciless, but I think to get enough DPS for late game (Dominus and maps), you'll have to get decked out in quality gems and 5L+ gears.

I'm at lvl 76 right now and have taken all of the damage nodes in the build. My DPS is still way too low (DPS: 9.5k heavy strike, 4.7k ground slam). I'm typically doing the less dmg in a group of people of similar levels.

I'm not complaining, btw. Just stating that this is a cheap build for most of the game, but not cheap in late game when you need some DPS.

Also, my gears right now:

Total cost is about 16 chaos

From what I've seen, there aren't any "cheap" late-game builds, they're all heavily reliant on pricey uniques or legacy ones. From what I can tell, this build is cheap by comparison.

Having reread the OP guide recently, I didn't fully understand when I started. Getting gear with Life is a priority because of how much it improves with all the passive skills. Second priority is resist, third is armour.

I'm yet to try it out, but I really like NambrVan's idea with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun for Heavy Strike for a near constant supply of charges and Multistrike on Ground Slam, though at this stage I fear for the life consumption.
"
MushaConvoy wrote:
From what I've seen, there aren't any "cheap" late-game builds, they're all heavily reliant on pricey uniques or legacy ones. From what I can tell, this build is cheap by comparison.

No, it's not cheap in comparison.

Pretty much any build in this game works better with better gear, and this one is no exception.
You don't desperatly need pricey mirrored gear, uber legacy uniques, all gems 20/20 or whatever... but your DpS and Survivability will definetly enjoy it once you get it.

@buffstacker
It is a bad idea to use your 5Link for your two attacks.
That means you are utilizing it for two 4 Links.

Use Groundslam with 4 support gems (add faster attacks), and put Heavy Strike in your gloves.

This alone will get your DpS from 4.7k to probably 7k.

Also: don't use the life leech gem. You are wearing a freaking 8% life leech amulet.

Use:
Groundslam - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster attacks - added fire.

That will get your DpS from 4.7k to 7k to 10k at least.

Don't complain about your DpS if you are voluntarily lowering it by yourself. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

Use:

Only trouble would be his 5L chest is corrupted, so no green gems... maybe swap Faster Attacks for Weapon Elemental Damage for increased DPS, or Endurance Charge on Melee Stun because I can't have enough Endurance Charges.
"
MushaConvoy wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:

Use:

Only trouble would be his 5L chest is corrupted, so no green gems...

Then Blood Magic it is, which will provide Hatred as additional DpS (Grace/Determination).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Multistrike practically doubles the resource requirement, for me (GS + Multi + Phys + Fire) it costs 45 life per slam. If you use the Blood Magic support gem instead of the Blood Magic passive, it will double the requirement again. I'm not sure my life recovery would handle that kind of expenditure at my current level anyway...

Just something to think about.
Do you think that build will still be viable after new skill tree?
"

I was just now playing around with the new offline skill tree and from what i've seen there, it can be made to look quite similar to the old one, but it requires a couple more points in order to get the more juicy nodes (Baptism of light for instance).

Good news is that the reserved life node behind blood magic got buffed by which makes running an aura with blood magic more viable now imho. I'll wait for the OP to take a look at it, hopefully he'll be able to update the skill build soon becouse i just love playing this groundslammer :)
Last edited by Tom7i on Aug 21, 2014, 9:45:54 PM
"

Barring something crazy happening, I think this build is forgiving enough to ALWAYS work in some form.

Looking at the 1.2 tree on poebuilder, the main things to worry about are the changes to Life Regen / Leech nodes positions. To get comparable regen, you need a couple .6% regen nodes (buffed from .4%). To compensate for losing Blood Drinker's 2% leech, hit the 4 nodes north of the first Endurance Node, for 2% leech total, and some Life on Hit/Kill.

Those nodes should be afforded with the points gained from the loss of Blood Drinker, the Swords Dmg + Life% nodes, and traveling to Diamond Flesh resist node no longer below Golem's Blood.

Otherwise, the build looks strong relatively unchanged. Some of the mace clusters are even stronger than before, and we don't lose half as much life % as it seems since some mace clusters gained % life tacked on to their nodes.

That's my 2 cents anyway. I'm sure OP will have an "official" tree shortly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info