1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
I've been making this build. After doing some thinking I found out it's better to drop the life wheel (52% + 20hp) and go for the life nodes above the templar (64%) Unless you would rather have 52% + 20hp but I think the 64% is better.

Mind telling me where you see a wheel that will give you 64% life that is above the templar. I have looked and all I see is a wheel that gives 32% life + 20 strength along with a boost to your skills that buff your character.

Now if you are saying to add it with the other smaller life wheel plus chaos reist I can see why they do not do this. Because it would take three extra points to do it. Compared to what is in the guide. At least that is the way I look at it if you are talking about the four node life wheel above the templar that has the holy strength node and the other life wheel with purity of flesh node. Doing that would take 12pts as compared to the Scion's life wheel with the 20hp which is 9pts.

Now I could be missing something so please by all means point it out to me if I am.
I've been following your guide and i'm a little bit lost on my passives.

How do I follow it? Which nodes are to be taken first? Out of date - look at beginning of the post
Sequence as always:
1. Resolute technique <<CLICK ME>>
2. Blood Magic <<CLICK ME>>
3. Bottom-right part <<CLICK ME>>
4. Scion's area <<CLICK ME>>
5. Upper-left part <<CLICK ME>>

on nos 3, 4, and 5 that is where i get lost

i hope you could enlighten me a bit on those three.

thank you.
So I just started merciless with this build, and I keep dying and can't level to save my life. I've been following the passive tree, and I'll post my equipment. What am I doing wrong?

"
Banekiller01 wrote:
So I just started merciless with this build, and I keep dying and can't level to save my life. I've been following the passive tree, and I'll post my equipment. What am I doing wrong?

Well, first of all , with the 8% leech from the Amulet, u can drop Life leech gem and add Multistrike, which is a life changer (idk why its not mentioned in the build, it gives 88% more attack speed on lvl 1 so ...)

You might wanna get ur resis as high as possible if not maxed. And get a 5L chest. Some more life on equip would REALLY REALLY. Get life on ur belt, rings, boots , and gloves if possible. If u cannot get high life from equip i'd suggest getting rid of the Amulet since its taking 25% of ur maximum life down, and get some Life leech gloves/rings
Last edited by mandodiao on Jun 23, 2014, 9:19:13 PM
"
mandodiao wrote:
"
Banekiller01 wrote:

Well, first of all , with the 8% leech from the Amulet, u can drop Life leech gem and add Multistrike, which is a life changer (idk why its not mentioned in the build, it gives 88% more attack speed on lvl 1 so ...)

You might wanna get ur resis as high as possible if not maxed. And get a 5L chest. Some more life on equip would REALLY REALLY. Get life on ur belt, rings, boots , and gloves if possible. If u cannot get high life from equip i'd suggest getting rid of the Amulet since its taking 25% of ur maximum life down, and get some Life leech gloves/rings

This guide was created before multistrike existed. I think that is why. It is mentioned further down in the guide though.
Hey, so this is my first character and Ive been trying to follow this guide as best I can. But honestly I'm a little confused by which path I should be following while leveling and which nodes I should be taking along the way.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIh975XDZHOu-33MnKpfNmezacwFHE=

That's my skill tree so far, I'm only level 25. I was thinking about picking up blood magic next then I'm not really sure where to go lol. Anyone have any advice on what I should go for next and what nodes to pick up along the way? Should I even be trying to get blood magic this early?

Any help would be greatly appreciated =).
Last edited by Shape430 on Jul 5, 2014, 5:58:53 PM
"
Shape430 wrote:
Hey, so this is my first character and Ive been trying to follow this guide as best I can. But honestly I'm a little confused by which path I should be following while leveling and which nodes I should be taking along the way.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_458nL-8OvJ-krPIvqBhqHtIh975XDZHOu-33MnKpfNmezacwFHE=

That's my skill tree so far, I'm only level 25. I was thinking about picking up blood magic next then I'm not really sure where to go lol. Anyone have any advice on what I should go for next and what nodes to pick up along the way? Should I even be trying to get blood magic this early?

Any help would be greatly appreciated =).

Author hasn't updated the leveling parts so we only have the big endgame tree for now.

But it's looking good. You have taken resolute technique first. Next you should make a beeline for blood magic and then pick up the life nodes along the way that you missed.

I would then head over to duelist's area picking up unwavering stance along the way. You may postpone this if stuns aren't a problem yet. In this case pick up that passive whenever you feel like it. It's only one point.

You also have the choice of heading over to templar's area instead of duelist. To be honest it really doesn't matter. At this point you should be picking up most of the life passives to prepare your charachter for merciless.

If damage is lacking invest in a better weapon first but if you are surviving fine you may also pick up some damage passives to speed up things.

I would go for scion's life circle last. Perhaps picking up berserking earlier as it boosts damage quite a bit.

To sum up: After making a beeline for resolute technique and blood magic you are free to go for whatever you like. It's important to pick up as much life along the way as you can though. And also keep your resistances as close to max as possible.

The most important thing while leveling is to have a decent weapon. It will make everything so much easier. Also like the guide mentions don't be afraid to take blood magic early. Build is prepared for this.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 7, 2014, 6:58:19 AM
this build is still viable end game ? can solo any map without high gear ?
Hi,

Thanks for making this build. I'm having fun with it.

I've just gotten Blood Drinker (2% of physical attack damage leeched as life) at level 18, which is great.

It would be fantastic for clueless newbs like me--the target audience!--if the lower-level versions of the build could be updated so we could more easily make decisions about what to take as we level.

The huge amount of work that went into putting this build together is very much appreciated, as is clear from the number of replies. Updating the leveling builds would very much enhance its ongoing usefulness.

Regards,
Barfoobaz
Don't get blood drinker that early. It's completely pointless. At lvl 18 you don't do any damage and won't be leeching any life back.

Even with 1000 dps you only leech back 20 hp each second. Use life gain on hit and flasks.

It sounds like you did not read the guide or fully understand it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 14, 2014, 8:41:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info