1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

I started using this build after several other build attempts that resulted in rapid death and overall squishy-ness. I just started act 3 normal and I gotta say, I love it. My only three questions about the build are:

1) How does this build handle reflect packs in maps?

2) Would this be a good build to farm maps for items/gems for other, future builds?

3) Once we hit end game, what uniques should we aim for?

Feedback from both the OP and the community are greatly appreciated :)
"
Banekiller01 wrote:
I started using this build after several other build attempts that resulted in rapid death and overall squishy-ness. I just started act 3 normal and I gotta say, I love it. My only three questions about the build are:

1) How does this build handle reflect packs in maps?

2) Would this be a good build to farm maps for items/gems for other, future builds?

3) Once we hit end game, what uniques should we aim for?

Feedback from both the OP and the community are greatly appreciated :)

1. With 12% life leech, 11k DPS on GS and 6,2k HP i don't even notice reflect.

2. Sure I see why not.

3. The only unique you need for this build is carnage heart imo. Marohi is too slow for my liking.
Just reached lv 90 which was my aim in the 1st place.

My gear and skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwUIBRNFHEU9hZvGJEZhRo4GlUabB0UJKonLy3SMZ4yCTWSNug26TpSOtg9_EE_ROdKyE3YTeNQR1HmVcZXDVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjZp5nWGoeajtr2WxGbqpybHKpcrt07XgNeu97jHzZgW-DOITvhjuHKYjxjHaMz49GkFWRzp48ns2fy6FtogCkrKZXpzCnhKgYqWipbqyqtC-18rnNu-28n8AawQTG2M9l0NDSId7B37_jauOf5K3sOO8O73zwH_Iv8932SPcy97760v6P

My stats :

As you can see pretty mediocre gear not worth more than 5 exalts, however, the high amount of HP and life leech allowed me to sustain pretty well and die only 26 times 90% of which due to stupidity, impatience and going rambo on 3 packs of magic flicker strikers :D
Last edited by Enemix899 on Jun 16, 2014, 5:09:13 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to thank NinjaArabStrategist and Tlaloc4 (I combined ideas from both builds) for this awesome Ground Slam / Heavy Strike build. And also share my progress and tweaks.

I am using Blood Rage for extra speed attack and Leap Slam for escape, as secondary skills.

Auras are Hatred and Grace and as a 2H weapon, the unique staff Pillar Of The Caged God.

Gear

Skilltree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzBS0S4RQgFE0YkRkuGjgbyBv6JIsl3ycvJ-0pLimlMZ4x-zWSNro26DkOOrM64T0PPfxAoEMxR35N404qUEdVtVcNWGNYr1nzWhpbr14TXz9gS2EhZU1yqXK7dO14DXrvfLh8u3_jgziE2YTviPGMz5BVnrmezaFtogCkGaSsplenMKeEqWipbqlzrKq18rZBuc28n76KwBrBBMT2xYrG2NIh2WHdDeLq45_vDu988B_xrPIv8kXynPZI_MX-Cv6P

I did not start with this build in mind, so my skilltree is still recovering from the changes, there are a handfull of points that I need to reallocate. I just reached level 79, it will probably be more healthy and adjusted around level 85 I hope. ^^

So using Pillar of the Caged God, Abyssus and Lioneye's Paws gives me great damage and attack speed, I'll probably use The Magnate later for the Strength and added phys.

Here's a few shots of my stats :

Without any auras

Auras ON/OFF comparaison

Defense

Having a ton of fun so far, just need to fix my tree, and I'm sure it will be very powerfull in a few levels. Thanks for the tips guys !
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Jun 19, 2014, 12:42:44 AM
This thing dropped in a map a couple weeks ago, been using it to level gems since it already has 6 sockets. Found this guide and was thinking of crafting it to make a groundslammer. Do you think it would be better than a 5/6 link Moroqi with some flat dmg and attackspeed?

"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Jun 19, 2014, 5:54:42 PM
How well does this work on hardcore?
Why doesn't this build use Multistrike? seems like a nice speed/dps boost
I may be too much of a noob to follow this guide but I hope you will all be able to help.
This is what I see on my end when I attempt to follow the skill tree from within the guide. My issue is that many of the skills selected are not followed all the way through. Thus my concern is how am I supposed to know what path to take within the skill tree? Some specific skills are highlighted others that lead to it are not. Is their a reason for this?
At the beginning of the topic he has the updated tree.
I've been making this build. After doing some thinking I found out it's better to drop the life wheel (52% + 20hp) and go for the life nodes above the templar (64%) Unless you would rather have 52% + 20hp but I think the 64% is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info