1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hey Soul I would think the added damage from looking at the most recent update..
The damage wave of Ground Slam is no longer connected to attack speed, so no matter how fast you attack, the damage wave will still move at the same speed.
This does not prevent you from repeat attacking.
Ground Slam: increased from 70% to 80% weapon damage. Its reduced stun threshold has been reduced from 35% to 25%.
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Top of first post has updated passive tree to use as a guide, should help http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OPBDwEuEUIBRNFHEU9hiRGekaOBpVHOcg8CcvLdIxnjIJNZI26DrYOuE8BT38QKBBP0TnTdhN41BHUeZXDVhjWK9Z818_YEthIWSjZ1hqHmo7a9lsRnJscqlyu3TteA1673uMfNmBb4M4hO-GO4jxjHaMz5BVkc6ePJ65ns2fPp_Ln9-hbaIAouqkrKZXpzCnhKgYqWipbqyqr6K0L7Xyuc277byfwBrBBMbY0iHewd-_45_krew47w7vfPAf8i_yRfZI9zL3vv4K_o8=
Last edited by TheGreenGhost on Apr 22, 2014, 7:57:23 PM
"
Hey Soul I would think the added damage from looking at the most recent update..
The damage wave of Ground Slam is no longer connected to attack speed, so no matter how fast you attack, the damage wave will still move at the same speed.
This does not prevent you from repeat attacking.
Ground Slam: increased from 70% to 80% weapon damage. Its reduced stun threshold has been reduced from 35% to 25%.

Most recent update? I think the update you mentioned was quite some time ago ;)

I basically would like to know, whether it is better for ground slam in general, if I choose the 3 attack speed nodes or the 3 physical damage nodes. Attacking more often and hitting for less, or attacking less often, but hitting fore more. It's not about what's better for stunning the mobs, only for dealing damage.

Damage or speed. What makes more sense for ground slam?

Last edited by Soulscythe on Apr 23, 2014, 7:03:24 AM
Most recent update of the ability ground slam.
Not sure but I thought the wave was the dps not the stun chance, so was thinking if the speed is capped by the wave?
Hello.

I'm playing a Ground Slam Marauder on hardcore level 86. I'm using blood magic through my passive skill tree.

Now I wanna start using auras. Hatred and Determination. But in the guide it says that i can't cause of basic build. Why, why is it bad to use auras? Skpping blood magic would also give me 2 passive skill tree notes.

Ground Slam: 5L: Ground Slam, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Item Quanity, Added Fire Damage. Damage: Around 9,5k

So instead of Item Quanity I get a blood magic gem..

What do you guys think?
Auras would use up your life force, yes I would add the gem and use mana for auras
also could any Vet could confirm
Attack speed on ground slam is capped or is there a number to reach thanks
"
j0zef wrote:
"
MacMoertel wrote:
Suggestions needed: I hit lvl70 with this build and actually im doing some piety - well walks - to get some maps.

Damage is semi ok, doesnt feel very smooth. Big problem are tentacle miscreations. They are spiking me down really quick. So i think i need an upgrade here and there:

- Armour: seems low, till now i focused on res and life and didnt care about armour. What do you think?
- Enduring Cry / Immortal Call / CWDT setup: actually im casting enduring cry manually and dont use immortal call very often. Im thinking about to get 2 cwdt setups, but dont know what to link them with. Should immortal call be linked or called manually? What is a good setup if you run cwdt on 2 items? And should be cwdt low or high or one high and one low? Very confusing...
- Passiv tree: Next step is to get Vigor then Life Generation and then walk north. Should i respec here and there and take some armor notes or any other suggestions?
- Items: mostly selffound or low budget traded. Hard to get 5L. What do you suggest to improve here?

Stats
Life 3.700, Armour: 1.500, Res 77, Dps 2.100

Items

Cheap-ish upgrades:
-You need more leech. Buy the cheapest Carnage heart if you can (~6c), or look for a rare amulet with at least 3% (1-2c)
-In armor, link GS+Melee Phys+Multistrike+Conc Effect. Multistrike is ~3c now, Conc effect is 1fuse
-4L your weapon (typically less than 3 fuses). Link HS+Faster Attacks+melee phys+your quality Fire
-Look for low quality gems that make a difference. For ex, ~7q Melee physical is 1c. ~10Q heavy strike is 1c. You will have to re-level them, but since yours are 16 max, it shouldn't be that of a deal.
-Have a few blessed orbs? Use them on your belt. They're cheap (2bls:1c) and can give you up to 8% more dmg. If you roll more than 22%, stop.
-Running 2 CWDTs is smart. I run lvl 4 CWDT + Enduring Cry + Decoy + curse (temp chains/enfeeble if you die often... Vulnerability if you want to kill faster) and Lvl12 CWDT + 14 Molten Shell + 12 Immortal Call + 20 Increased Duration. The levels of the CWDT aren't set in stone, and it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with. All it sets is your damage threshold for proccing skill. If you want to cast Enduring cry manually, don't forget to support it with Faster Cast.
-Your tree is fine for now. I personally find +max endurance charges useless if you have Immortal call on CWDT. It procs too often for you to accumulate end charges. Test it out and come to your own conclusion.
-Tentacle miscreations - these, just like voidbearers deal a small amount of damage with every shot. High amount of armour is VERY effective against them. I recommend at least 6k. You have two ways of getting more armour - on gear or to run Iron Reflexes and a high level grace aura. Since you're 100% blood magic char, IR+grace is not an option (although you should definitely explore it in the future). I suggest that you temporarily assign points to high armor nodes (Steel Skin) and the armor nodes at beginning of the tree. Also don't forget to use Scraps on your chest. It's 20% almost-free armor.
-Lastly, flasks is something most players completely forget about. Flasks make a HUGE difference in your travels. Use some of your Alteration/Augmentation orbs to get 1) Armor flask with increased armor %. 2) Sanctified Life flask with Remove bleeding 3) Movement flask with increased movement OR Quartz Flask with increased movement (my preference) 4) A flask with dispells frozen/chilled 5) Sanct Life flask with Instant recovery on low life. Once you're satisfied with your flasks, use some Glassbowlers Baubles on them until you get 20% quality. If you need to, buy them. You can usually get 10 of them for 1c.

Here are mine for reference:
Spoiler

gl.

Hi,

i want to give some proper feedback on your post after made some experiences with the changes.

I hit lvl80 and have started with mapping a few lvls ago. No bigger problems on 66-68 maps, have to skip some bosses on 68 though. The experience gain is very low now, dying starts to hurt. Will move on but its getting harder now. The drops are awful so far. Thinking of selling the rares (unidentified) in sets.

The life loss of the carnage heart was a big lost, but the life leech a big win. The 2 cwdt setups was a big win also. Doesn't change anything on paper, but gameplay/safety made a big step forward. Actually im running with 3k armour, that doesn't feel comfortably, but life leech, decoy, immortal, molten shell keeps me on my feets.

Actually im running 4/16 cwdt also, but im thinking about maxing out the lvl16 cwdt. Will there be any downsides?

I managed to get a cheap 5L armour and 4 linked my weapon, multistrike is awesome. 5L weapons are way too expensive for me atm, i don't even think about buying 6L.

Atm im tuning my flasks setup, it is so nice to have an "oh shit"-button ready.

Well much more to tell, but should be enough for now. Thanks again for your hints.
Please can someone tell me when I can take Bloodmagic ?
I'm a little scared of that skill.
"
Enlocke wrote:
Please can someone tell me when I can take Bloodmagic ?
I'm a little scared of that skill.

So was i, but you can take that skill as soon as you can get there (grab some life nodes before). After that you really can spam your skills without any issues, you will not notice any life drop.

But keep in mind, if you go that path, you cannot run any auras.

Wow.. Great guide. I am in cruel act 2 blindly following the rules, without any problem till now... will post again beyond level 50

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info