1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"

To link things, click on the picture of your character in the top left corner. Then find the item you want to link and just click it and it will appear in the comment.

Ok! Got it! Thanks!

"

Btw, is your name Chris?

Yes
Last edited by くりす on Dec 18, 2013, 4:33:22 PM
@NinjaArabStrategist

How much did you change your build from the build you posted?
And if you changed alot can you add an other spoiler on your build that includes your build that you use now?

(Iam atm not using blood magic cause I can sustain it with mana pots at level 48)
And got like 1.1k dps with the groundslam (With multistrike + Faster attack + Life leech)
and If i changed the ground slam to heavy strike (for 1 on 1) i got like 2k dps.

(Using baptism)
Damn Latency issues.
Might come back in a few seasons.
Last edited by Hirukaru on Dec 18, 2013, 6:28:58 PM
I have bought this to test 6L options.

Now, 5L combo i was able to maintain 90% time with only mana (one aura on).

6L has 30% more mana needed and I ended up with BL gem :(
So no DPS upgrade but no mana problem and I can use 2 auras.

One is Hatered- it is great dps boost.

With second one I can not make up me mind.

Determination gives 10% more reduction (from 44 to 54%)
But reduction rises with endurance charges (i have max 7) and there are also granite flasks...

So what to use instead Determination??

Or should I add some mana and try maintain GS with it??
It will be harder but than I could use add fire skill instead of Blood Magic.
It gives nice DPS boost, from 18 to 23k dps (with hatered on)

????????
i dont see why using bloodmagic passive is good if we lsoe the ability to use 2-3 auras on our mana...?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
i dont see why using bloodmagic passive is good if we lsoe the ability to use 2-3 auras on our mana...?

I am running this build, I use the BM keystone.

Yes I loose the ability for auras, but I pick them up in groups most times.

Having more pure physical damage means the auras are more potent.

It's always a balancing act of cost / benefit.
I'm pretty new to the game but have been loosely following the build. Just curious what you would recommend to be cut from the current recommended skill tree build if you, say, wanted to boost dexterity/intelligence to use gems like Faster Attacks or use a Carcass Jack?

I know the current build brings you right by the Hard Knocks and Quickness nodes by the duelist tree and reasonably close to Ancestral Knowledge and Expertise nodes in the Templar tree, just wondering where you would cut out enough points. I'm guessing respec out of Blood Magic at a higher level? Cut down on resistance nodes?

Also has anyone tried getting to Amplify and the AoE nodes in the Templar tree? Are they worthwhile?
"
Volren617 wrote:
I'm pretty new to the game but have been loosely following the build. Just curious what you would recommend to be cut from the current recommended skill tree build if you, say, wanted to boost dexterity/intelligence to use gems like Faster Attacks or use a Carcass Jack?

I know the current build brings you right by the Hard Knocks and Quickness nodes by the duelist tree and reasonably close to Ancestral Knowledge and Expertise nodes in the Templar tree, just wondering where you would cut out enough points. I'm guessing respec out of Blood Magic at a higher level? Cut down on resistance nodes?

Also has anyone tried getting to Amplify and the AoE nodes in the Templar tree? Are they worthwhile?

Maybe sth like this?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzD8wS4RQgFE0YkRkuGjgaVRv6IQIhVSXfJ-0otSkuKjgq9i3SMZ4yCTWSNug5DjrYOuE9_EE_R35KyE3YTeNQR1HmVw1YY1ivWfNgS2EhZKNlTWdYZ5tsRm5pbqpybHKpdO14DXrve4x8uHzZgW-DOITZhO-I8YqvjHaQVZHOnjyezZ_LogCi6qQZplemZKcwp4SoGKloqW6sWayqtC-18rndvoq-p8AaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd7B5K3nY-w47w7vTu988i_yRfe-_o8=

This is level 85.

Dexterity and Intelligence can be boosted with items like:

For Carcass Jack Iron Reflexes are a must.
You can get it in cost of Marauder Physic/Meele nodes. Inreased AoE is very good in terms of life leeching and survivability. Insted of Carcass, you can get 5L Marohi with it 15lvl Increased AoE built in.

For Carcass Jack Iron Reflexes are a must.
Last edited by skarbziemi on Dec 19, 2013, 3:50:05 AM
First of all congrats GGG, PoE is PC Game Of The Year by GameSpot, yey! :D :D :D

--- Disclaimer: i am not an expert!!! ---

I tried HS+MeleeSplsh+ConcEffect ingame and it doesn't work, like DjNanos posted.
Weird, in the Wiki is says:
"Stat modifiers from any source which would apply to an AoE skill will also apply to the AoE component of Melee Splash. These mods include:
Area of Effect radius
Area Damage"

I don't know, maybe the wiki page needs an update or i am just reading this wrong...

@xenochaos1:
This being a newbie-friendly build, BM node makes things very simple. You don't have to worry about all those mana related issues (skill cost, mana regen etc), so it's a nice way to go.
Also keep in mind that sockets for support gems are valuable, you can only use 5 max in a link, so spending one for a BM gem is a big thing (you could have a 5K DPS or more increase instead).

The change to Auras is something you can do at a higher lvl and once you have gained some experience with the game, just one of the many suggestions for end-game :)

Also like BaldMan said, if you play in parties you will get some Auras from other players for sure.

@くりす:
Hmmm, maybe you should have gone for the Scion's life circle first if you have survivability issues, especially since you are a Hardcore char! There is no substitute for life ;)

Are your EndCharges always up? If not try your best to keep them at max all the time!

You could also use some life in your jewellery/helm, but the big issue is your Mace i think:
You need to get a better one, 150DPS is really low for your level :(
Remember that higher DPS means higher Life Leech, and also your enemies will die more quickly so they will have less time to damage you ;)

@TheSandyVag:
Try to find a chest with high life and more armor if possible. Also your 267DPS mace isn't "bad", but you could certainly do better ;)
Also i am not crazy about that 2-skill combo on the boots...

The rest is standard stuff: on gear more life/armor/sockets etc is always nice :)

@skarbziemi:
Nice 6L! :)

Too bad about the mana issue thought, if only Vaal Pact would also apply to mana leech :(
How much mana leech do you have?
Clarity is still a fixed-amount Aura, you could easily try a low-lvl one but i'm not so sure it will help: didn't help me and even at lvl1, 60 mana reserved is a hefty cost to pay for just 3mana/sec regen...

Personally i have no problem using the BM gem for my GS and using 2 Auras (i use the same gem combo minus the FA because i only have a 5L), but that's just me. Still it would be great if you found a way to remove it :)

@Volren617:
Like skarbziemi said, the best thing is to get the attributes from gear. If you can't, then you can take a temporary +30 node or two that you can respec later on.

Amplify is a great node, if you are close to it then it's worth it imo. Just remember that it only works for AoE skills (so it works for GS but not for HS)!

About Carcass Jack:
"
Monty_The_3rd wrote:
First of all Carcass Jack is a EV/ES hybrid gear, so you should at least have IR to use it...
Now the way i see it, with this chest you sacrifice the high values of life/EV/res you could get from a good chest piece (CJ has only up to 70 life - very low res - only up to 700EV) for the nice area and dmg buffs. If you think that trade is good, then go for it!
4 red sockets will be a pain to roll thought, you will probably need loooots of chroms.

----------
Also a reminder that i have a free crappy lvl59 295physDPS (+44 fire dmg) Mace if anyone can't afford a couple of chaos for a better one:
(Standard League!!!)
Spoiler
Last edited by Monty_The_3rd on Dec 19, 2013, 8:58:17 AM
how do i kill lmp devourer / carrion queen? groundslam them?
@Monty_The_3rd

The problem with 6L dps combo is that it takes 115 mana. Don't forget that built in 15lvl Increased AoE also rises mana consumption!! That sucks in my opinion- it should be at least lvl 20 :D.

With Hatered reservation I have only like 290 mana left.
It is to less to maintain 6L GS. Mana leech doesn't help here, cause regen+leech ratio is to slow.
Mana version of Pact of Vaal would be great...
The only way to maintain 6L GS with mana is to : decrease mana reserved by auras(some points in tree+ alpha's howl maybe), add about 120 mana points from items.
Maybe I will try it in the future but for now I have no currency at all.
6L Marohi ate all my savings :)

@kcw

I face-tank Dominus with Ground Slam (Pact of Vall, 10% life leech from physica, no life leech form skill). I think that Pact of Vall is strongly underrated!!
It should be an upgrade from regen and 20% caped life leech for every high physical dps Marauder. Only strong damage over time can be dangerous when there are no monsters to refill your life...
Last edited by skarbziemi on Dec 19, 2013, 11:28:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info