1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Pi314 wrote:
Does Life gain on hit gem work with Ground slam?
(ground slam isnt hitting enemy crits directly)

It works
This is a great build for a newbie. Thanks mate!
lets say i go for Resolute Technique via the str node instead of taking the fire resists.
(i get there 2 points faster at lvl 17 instead of lvl19.)

after i get Resolute Technique, can i re-spec that str point immediately?
or will that cut off Resolute Technique, making it unusable?
Last edited by Pi314 on Jan 28, 2013, 3:15:58 PM
You can't respec a node if it leaves another node without a link to make it accessible.
You always need to have at least one node connected to each of your actives nodes at any point :).
Can someone explain what does Enduring cry do?? I still dont have that spell and googling it on peo wiki says its something like taunt ? Why the hell we would need taunt for survival ???

On the other hand i have skill called Immortal call, which seems like def cooldown with endurng charges. Pls someone explain. thanks
Last edited by Mustis on Jan 28, 2013, 3:35:08 PM
"
Mustis wrote:
Can someone explain what does Enduring cry do?? I still dont have that spell and googling it on peo wiki says its something like taunt ? Why the hell we would need taunt for survival ???

On the other hand i have skill called Immortal call, which seems like def cooldown with endurng charges. Pls someone explain. thanks

Each endurance charge adds 5% to your physical damage reduction and elemental resistance. By default the max is 3 endurance charges which will last for 10 seconds but you can reset the timer so basically you won't run out of the charges if you move fast enough between enemies. You can raise the default max number and time of charges with passive skills/bandit quest.
Last edited by Pesusieni on Jan 28, 2013, 3:48:58 PM
"
Mustis wrote:

May i introduce each other
Mustis wiki, wiki Mustis
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Jan 28, 2013, 3:47:22 PM
"
Demious wrote:
1) Do you guys use the Life on Hit gem with an AoE skill? coz it seems to eat through my mana pool really quickly thanks to the 150% cost multiplier.

2) Does Blood Magic also affect auras? i.e. Does its reserve life instead of mana? Never mind just read the description. Since it removes all mana I am guessing you can't run more than one aura early on..

1. Yes, you do. If Life Gain gives you 6 health per hit, and you hit 4 monsters via Ground Slam you gather 4x6=24 health
2. You can run auras. Even those with % reservation. The problem is it reserves health. So Reserving 40% to run Haste for stupid 10% increased Attack Speed seems stupid

"
AbrownMN wrote:
Okay, so I just read the build for the first time..basically if i didnt get that health bonus from normal bandit quest I should just re roll?

Releax. It's not matter of life and death. Chill out.

"
foogusnot wrote:
should i use the war lords mark with this build?

Yes, you can.

"
doyoueven wrote:
All in all thanks for this build, I was doing horrible from levels 26-39 (i was always consistently 4-5 levels below the mlvl).

Those level are imho hardest, because you have to deal with high chaos damage monsters, just before breaking point - Duelist's Health Points

"
LegitRips wrote:
Your 2H sword build

1. You can't use Ground Slam with Swords. Sorry
2. Armor is SHIT is THIS build. Don't take it. Don't even think about it until you will understand how does it work. Im working on Q&A about it, as it is frequelnty asked question

"
velislav87 wrote:
First great guide, good job! I wanted to ask what dps should i have to switch life on hit to life leach ? Also if you use support blood magic gem, are health regen aura viable ?
P.S. iron reflexes are used with evasion aura, so how much will this help in % ?

You have calculator about switching to Life Leech in the build, near support gem section
And you can't specify Iron Refleses efficiency in any way, becuase it strongly depends on damage you receive.

"
doyoueven wrote:
(stuck between choosing normal vs. endurance vs iron reflex build)

Go charges. Always go charges. Then Iron Reflexes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
@AbronMN
"
Rerolling health

Chill out. You can be successful without it.

@MassMan
"
Nice guide. How come you aren't taking Life Gain on Killing Blow, Life Leech and Life Gain on Hit?

Once you hit 200 health regeneration per second, you wont see a single difference

@DamianTaps
"
I have question about templar health nodes. Why we can't go straight up from resolute technique (ofc after duelist nodes) to health nodes on the left and then to templar nodes. We will safe 1 sp and get +20% ele dmg. Because we lost 30 str or templar health nodes (this with health regen) are more important than this one on the left?

To make you able take Endurance Charge and some 30INT and 30 DEX nodes easly. If you would need them.

@xHyunkelx's build
1. Dont take too many damage nodes, as they are very insufficient. Mine build took too many imho =]
2. Skipping Endurance Charge Duration will cause lack of comfort in playing. Game should be a pleasure, right?
3. Skipping Endurance Charge Regen is biggest mistake ever. We concentrate on regen. Free 1.2% regen for just one point is one of the best node in whole build.
4. If you go for Duelit's Diamond Skin go for Iron Reflexes too.

@Pesusieni
"
Any reason that you don't mention Warlord's Mark curse? I find pretty useful for myself. It has a life leech and a chance to gain endurance charge and also 100% increased flask charge which makes me fill my quicksilver flasks faster and that means I can move around faster.

Ye. There is one huge reason, that made me not implementing Warlord's Mark curse. I forgot about this. Simply. Thank you for feedback, ill implement it asap.

@Pi314
"
Does Life gain on hit gem work with Ground slam? (ground slam isnt hitting enemy crits directly)

Yes. You get health per every monster you hit.

@Pi314"
"
lets say i go for Resolute Technique via the str node instead of taking the fire resists. (i get there 2 points faster at lvl 17 instead of lvl19.) after i get Resolute Technique, can i re-spec that str point immediately? or will that cut off Resolute Technique, making it unusable?

You're leveling too fast for such things. There is no need too. Also you just wont be able to do that.

@Mustis
"

Enduring Cry looks like casting buff on yourself. You cast buff spell, and get buff, which is called Endurance Charges and last 10 sec. You can cast buff spell again, to get two identical buffs. Casting again, and again will make you gaining buff, until you get to buff's numer cap (base cap is 3, you can increase it in various ways). If you recast buff spell again, the buff (Endurance Charge) time durance will reset to 10sec again, and again.

For a long time no comments, doesnt it? They didn't fit in just one post xD
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jan 28, 2013, 4:00:59 PM
with Resolute Technique, does that mean my ground slam cant miss?
every critter in the 90 degee arc gets hit?

And how do i make it go further?

and what happens if i increase the quality of the ground slam gem to 20% with the gemcutter orb?
Last edited by Pi314 on Jan 28, 2013, 5:47:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info