1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
Sorry - but patch 0.11 changed... nothing.
Well - it did. Armor is much more superior than previously. But the guide does not need a single word changed.

NAS

Thanks for the information! now i can start playing with my Marauder again! ;)
"
If you want to use just fire part of damage - ye, you can use it, but I cant see a point
If you want to concentrate on explosion itself - nope

thanks for your validation.
I just don't like to use ground slam.
and yes, i won't concentrate on the fire attribute. I just want em' to explode.
and do you find Glacial Hammer useful for single target?

thanks. :)
Hi I have no problem with survivability right now I just don't understand how people can reach numbers like 5k dps with ground slam that im seeing in this forum. Im lvl 56 with 1900 health running grace and ~3700 armor which goes to 4700 with molten shell and 6 endurance charges. but i only have 771 dps with ground slam and 1328 with heavy strike. Any ideas?

Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPA6tEuEUIBRxGNsZLho4HOcg8CFgJ-0otSmlLdIyCTpSOthAoEOcROdN2FBHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJqHmo7cql07XTxeu982YZgjHaMz5BVkc6euZ7Nnz6fy6LqpzCnhKgYrKq53bvtwBrG2NIh2WHfv-dS7DjvDu9O8i_z3fZI

Gear:
Spoiler
Hi Ninja,

First of all, thanks for the guide, it's great !
Now that 0.11 is out I was just wondering, is it still worth taking the Physical Damage boost from the Bandits Quest in Cruel ? I'm not too familiar with the numbers in this game but it looks like there are now better nodes that you can just take with a bonus skill point, is that right ?
How do you run a lvl20 grace gem (153 dex) with this build? I'm currently in Merciless and just had to ditch my grace gem because I can no longer afford the dex gear (needed more resists). This is also going to be a problem with faster attacks later on.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to the game and a little disappointed that this wasn't explained in the guide. Being new I'm not able to buy high level gears with lots of mods. I'm sure you all know this but for new players it would be nice to have a heads up about these requirements. Thanks
This ^
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
KaiserFire wrote:
How do you run a lvl20 grace gem (153 dex) with this build? I'm currently in Merciless and just had to ditch my grace gem because I can no longer afford the dex gear (needed more resists). This is also going to be a problem with faster attacks later on.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to the game and a little disappointed that this wasn't explained in the guide. Being new I'm not able to buy high level gears with lots of mods. I'm sure you all know this but for new players it would be nice to have a heads up about these requirements. Thanks

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQ6tEuEUTRjbGS4aOBv6IWAl3yftKLUppS3SMgk26DpSOthAoEOcR35QUFRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhIWFSZU1uaXKpdO108XrvfLt82YM4hNmGYIcpjM-QVZHOmSueuZ7Nnz6fy6IAouqkGacwp4SpaKvFrKq53bvtvYG-p8APwBrFisbY0iHSTdSP2WHfv-Lq51LsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI

Here's a build with 124 dex. If you use a Jade Amulet with this, you'll be able to use max level Grace.

EDIT: You can also go for the Thick Skin node near IR and pick up 30 dex along the way.
Last edited by jakab_ on Jul 4, 2013, 6:22:37 PM
@GRACE
Please, don't use build posted above. For Grace - i'm glad to hear, that it's the hardest part of the build - just get one or two additinal dexternity node (you have Quickness or Precision nodes nearby) and/or wear jade amulet.

@Infernal Blow
You understodd me wrongly. If you want to use this skill as AoE attack, don't follow this build. Imho it would put you so close to critters, that you will be force to pay shitloads of currency to be able to survive. If you just 'dislike' Ground Slam, just follow another, non-melee build. Or get to the Merciless. Then you will start to love GroundSlam. If not - there is no hope =]

@Aulevala
Thank you for pointing this! Surely, 12% physical damage makes no sense, since skill point is more versatile! I'll correct it right now!

NAS
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Hey guys, should I try to 6-link this weapon? (I got it by randomly chancing a mace, lol)

Or should I save up currency to buy/craft a better one?

Thanks in advance!
Hi NAS,

Oak cruel reward is actually 18% phy damage not 12

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info