1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Hi, I am level 87 and was wondering if you could do a COMPLETE tree using every single point.

I think I've done a good job at kind of tweaking the current build, but am not to sure of where to go next in my tree. I have a few idea's, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

Thankfully, leveling will be pretty damn slow so I have some time to think :D.
Hi, I love your guide and your build, and so far I am Level 52 and in Act 3 on Cruel. Finding things a bit tougher at the moment and was wondering if someone could advice if I should look for better gear or if this is ok:

Spoiler

Another question, I still don't quite understand exactly how Enduring Cry and Warlords Mark work. Am I supposed to use both or just one of them as they both use endurance charges?

"
williamn wrote:
Hi, I love your guide and your build, and so far I am Level 52 and in Act 3 on Cruel. Finding things a bit tougher at the moment and was wondering if someone could advice if I should look for better gear or if this is ok:

Spoiler

Another question, I still don't quite understand exactly how Enduring Cry and Warlords Mark work. Am I supposed to use both or just one of them as they both use endurance charges?

Is it tougher because you are dying, or tougher because you don't do enough damage?

Two things I would do if I were you are;

1. Farm Docks in A3 Cruel until you are in your high 50's
2. What you should have tried to do at lvl 27, buy a Geoffri's Baptism.

Baptism is the best weapon you can get until you find/buy a nice rare in your late 50's. Everyone reading this guide should buy one at 27, no matter what you have to sacrifice for it. Also, if you want to have an easier time in game, invest in farming once an act.

Every character I make, I can rush the game until A3 in normal pretty easy. I then jump in a group and farm docks for quite a few levels, getting me currency to buy things and chance at good random rares/uniques. After normal is done and I am into Cruel, I start farming once an act. I will rush to ledge, farm in a group for multiple levels, rush to A2 and farm fellshrine for multiple levels, rush to A3 and farm docks for multiple levels, and then start the same process in Merciless.

I am a grinder at heart though. I believe using my method, you get a break from the story/questing and allow yourself a chance to get some loot/currency which gives you more room to better your character.

I always stay quite a few levels over the zone I am in, because it's much faster to almost one shot everything and run through the zone solo IMO so you can get to the next grind spot :)

Here is my current setup (ignore stats on chest, I keep scouring/alchemy to no avail!);
Spoiler

It's not the best gear, but it's working so far. Resists are maxed or a few % off (except chaos of course) and damage is great. I could throw another support gem in the chest instead of Heavy Strike, but that's an easy way to have 2 5 link items in one since I cant fuse the mace to 5 link atm.

Other than that, I have alot of room for improvement, but am loving the hell outta this build.

Oh, by the way, here is my old Geoffri's sitting in my stash for reference;

Last edited by sheeeeeeets on Jul 1, 2013, 7:10:58 AM
Thanks for the hints sheeeeeeets.

I find it tough atm. mainly because I die a lot, mostly to the named bosses. Vaal Oversoul at the end of Cruel Act 2 took me a very long time to get past, and I have the feeling that Piety will be a big challenge as well.

I have no issues with large packs of whites, and no issues with blues and yellow ones either.

That Maul you linked looks great, but I guess I am too high level for it by now, but I do think that it is time for me to get my current weapon replaced with something better as I am starting lack in damage output as well.
Hi sheeeeets I'm totally new at this game so where to get that geofri's baptism or if it has to be bought then what price?
is Infernal Blow viable to this build?
"
Smargoos wrote:
Hi sheeeeets I'm totally new at this game so where to get that geofri's baptism or if it has to be bought then what price?

You will either need to find one or buy one from someone in game. Surf the trade chat for a few minutes asking to buy one, and I am sure you will have people whispering you like crazy.

I know in Anarchy they are going from 2-3 chaos to 1 gcp. Will be cheaper on standard I am sure.
Whats chaos and gcp?
"
gunggong wrote:
is Infernal Blow viable to this build?

Bump
If you want to use just fire part of damage - ye, you can use it, but I cant see a point
If you want to concentrate on explosion itself - nope
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Jul 2, 2013, 5:48:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info