1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

"
henniheine wrote:

Thx!

What do you mean by that: "You can also pick one of these up for dirt cheap anywhere from 1 GCP - 1 Exalt depending on the life leech roll."

Is this the price for a carnage heart? Sry, english isn't my native language. But i actually don't want to buy an item outside the game. Want to play it selffound.

The price depends on rolls, mainly on life leech roll. Maybe you can find a 6-7% for 2-3 gcp and a good 10% for 1 exalted.

I recommend you to buy one, it's too rare to self find it
IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on May 29, 2013, 3:01:21 AM
"
Hi, I think this build is at least a bit equip dependent, cause if you have no good Weapon / Resis, you die / deal no dmg -> die.

Here my Lvl64 EQ so far, total cost about 3-4Ex (more to come).

Planning to get a decent Le Heup for about 1.5Ex and a Chest (6L/Armor/2Res/Life) for about 2Ex.

Life: 2020
LifeReg: 99.3
Armor: w/o Grace 1553
Resis: F22/C59/L75/CH-60 <- Them need to get better.

DPS
HS:4223.7
GS: 2581.2
LS: 1143.3

To be honest, I have no idea where are those 3-4ex.
Indeed, you have nice mace. Also you have Carnage Hearth - but 6% is relatively cheap. What then?

You are perfect example that this build is very gear INDEPENDANT. Really, your gear is completely NOT-SUITED for the build - and you managed to reach 64 lvl with it. Indeed impressive (no irony here, I wouldn't make it).

I would be grateful if you would read "Equipment section" once again and stick to whatever is written there.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Hey guys. I Recently made this build, I'm currently level 67.

First off my stats currently:

3131 life (185 reserved from grace)
3617 armor (6289 with grace)
80 all res/18% chaos res (working on it)
160 life per second (204.1 with my endurance charges up)
58% physical damage reduction (83% with endurance charges up)

4802 heavy strike.
2.9k ground slam

And finally my gear.

Spent about 1.5 ex on the maul, rest of the gear I'd say about 1 ex. So about 2.5 total.

What should I be upgrading next? More DPS, or more chaos res? Or more life and regen (I can't afford kaoms, so that will be kind of unrealistic) I feel 3k is pretty low, however I pretty much tank with ease for the most part.

Thank you for the feedback in advance, if I get any :).

edit -- (oops..i'll start buy making my armor 20% haha just got some new gloves/helm I forgot :D)
Last edited by SamBaLam on May 29, 2013, 11:23:53 PM
Hey. With that build really easy and fun to play even without good items. Only problem physical reflect, so i gonna switch Heavy Strike for Glacial hammer for maps. Not sure what support gems best for GH. Playing on HC btw. Lvl 66 right now.

3879 Life ( 3561 usable with auras )
4403 Armor
80 all res / -28 chaos
6837 DPS Heavy Strike
3130 DPS Ground Slam

My items terrible, don't have currency for link my mace and roll good chest. Mace eat all my fusings so i can't link rest gear :(

Skillbuils: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0YkRjbGS4ZhRo4IWAkqiftKLUppTIJNug26TpSOthAoEE_Q5xN2FBHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmaecql07XTxeu982YFvgziGYIcpjHaMz5BVnjyeuZ7NogCnMKeEqWisqrQvud3AGsbYyZjSIdSP2WHfv-Nq51LsOO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI97760g==

Last edited by Wingtor on May 30, 2013, 7:00:36 AM
Is this viable in Hardcore? Not worried about maps necessarily, but making it through Merciless?
I have a similar build and I get wtfpwned by 65-66 zones with maxed resists, I shelved the character and started ranged unfortunately.

In the end, my marauder turned into a ground slammer, which I did not want.

Perhaps 3.7k hitpoints isnt enough to do 65-66 zone like barracks, let alone maps, 5 hits and im dead, 2-3 if a hit crits. Which leads me to believe if I had 5-6k hitpoints, maybe I could take 8-9 hits, non-crit hits, before I blow up.

But the biggest issue is desync. I've made 2 melee characters, a 2hander and a mace/shield, both are not viable due to desync.

I noticed that my character doesn't desync as much when I flipped to ground slamming, but when a few hits means life or death in the end, desync buries any melee builds when they turn corners or you attack a mob in a big pack of mobs that isn't really there, those 4 seconds if no leeching/no melee splashing = death.

Also worth noting, melee splash gem really stinks. Its not really aoe, just whatever mobs are in front of you, like an arc. If they improved the gem to a circle radius around your swing point, AND, due to desync, would let you "splash damage" whenever you swing your 2handed weapon whether a mob is there or not, then it might be viable.

But again, in the end, due to being melee, you could be swinging at something thats not there (desync), or, a huge pack of mobs come at you, you swing at one, and that 1 mob you picked to hit, decides to run away across the screen, aka you're not hitting anything; no splash damage being done; no life being leeched.

My 2 cents.

To above poster, no melee builds are viable in hardcore. I have never seen it done, or heard of it, or came across videos of it at endgame, etc etc etc. Maybe there's 1 guy that is EXCEPTIONAL at alt+f4'ing every single time he desyncs when he melee's, but that has to be frustrating as shit to play.

I dont think they can fix desync, the only workaround I see is making melee splash gem a real AOE, and, letting you splash damage whether a mob is there or not every single time you swing your mace.
Last edited by oreo1981 on May 30, 2013, 4:46:18 PM
Hey all,

I recently made a thread but it didn't get many responses so I am trying here because I am using this same build after all!

I am currently level 76 and got to level 76 with very little issues. I have done piety twice and killed her on my first attempt her both times. But I have recently started doing maps and some of them are fucking insane. I will die in 1-3 seconds sometimes.

I currently have 8 endurance charges (7 base but 1 extra with kaoms ring). Without using any charges I have 80% cold resist, 73% fire and like 53% lightning. Is this all wasted? Should i ONLY go for 40% resists because my 8 endurance charges will give me the next 40%?

I have about 3350 HP
About 7k armor with grace + iron reflexes

I can't remember my ground slam dps but I think its around 2.5k and heavy strike is 3.8k

Here is my gear
Spoiler

Here is my talent tree

Basically my question is what is the best way to min/max. Obviously I want to be resist capped. But with endurance charges is that SUPER easy? Should i just go for 40% elemental resists (the next 40% come from my 8 endurance charges totaling 80%) then just go for as much HP and Chaos resist possible? How much chaos resist should I aim for? Thanks for any help or input you guys can give me. I really do appreciate your time.

Note: I have a white 6S 5L weapon I am trying to craft. Once I get that I am going to try and get a 5L chest. Those are my top two priorities.

Thanks again for reading and helping.
"
zethca wrote:
Is this viable in Hardcore? Not worried about maps necessarily, but making it through Merciless?

68 lvl on HC right now. Just complete merciless. Brutus, Vaal and General in act3 a big problem, so i ask friends for help. Solo trop island map without any problems.
Thank you ! :)
Here is my Set-up / Gear list (BTW melee patch this wed june 5th!!):

My Gems are bad only a few quality and need better boots / helm / gloves but I can do any map no problems.

Armor - 6857 (Grace - 9707)
Energy Shield - 580
HP - 2500
Resist - 80% Lightning , Fire , Cold (-50% Chaos)
Life Regen - 102

Heavy Strike (4L) - 7k
Ground Slam (5L) - 4.2k

IGN - Paroxus
Last edited by krs20k on May 31, 2013, 7:48:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info