1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

Thanks for the guide. So far its working awesome for me. I am a casual player and this is making the game more fun for me. Perfect build for a casual gamer.
I Really like this build but i couldnt stand being super slow so i spiced it up abit, mostly with gems :D Atm iam only using faster attacks to my heavy strike and ground slam, i havent found the gear so i can use faster attacks to flicker strike and leap slam. I strongly advice everyone to get some dex nodes and use faster attacks and flicker strike that will make the gameplay so much faster and smoother :) My gear is pretty bad but iam doing fine in merciless act 1 atm :)

This is my specc atm http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBS0OPA6tD8wS4RQgFHEY2xkuHOcg8CFgJ9Un7Si1KaUyCTboOlJAoEE_Q5xE51BHUFBR5lRJVgRXDVhjWfNfP2BLYIhhUmoeajtyqXTtdPF673zZhmCHKYzPkFWeuZ7NouqmZKcwqBisqrQvud3AGsRYxtjJmNIh2WHfv-dS7w7vTvIv8932SPe-
"
LordVolkin wrote:

"
@LordVolkin
You defenetly have to recreate character

why do you say that?

Because you have like 11 points to respec. It would be faster to recreate a character, especially you are at low level.

"
how does the carnage heart fairs with this build?

Carnage Heart is awesome. You should defenetely use it. It's like taking 5x Blood Drinker nodes instead of 3x Life nodes.

Brace urself. Patch coming.
Also I'm working on another article. It currently has over 60 000 signs and I wondering how will I post it in forum.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Could OP or anyone explain to me more in depth why the build doesn't go past 80-ish points besides it being "stupid"?
IGN: Jjinsu
"
"
LordVolkin wrote:

"
@LordVolkin
You defenetly have to recreate character

why do you say that?

Because you have like 11 points to respec. It would be faster to recreate a character, especially you are at low level.

care to explain. not seeing what you are talking about. I know i'm not perfectly in line with the guide, just where to go from where my build is at.
Last edited by LordVolkin on Feb 19, 2013, 4:03:57 PM
A lot of people are asking how viable is at end game, or if there are any videos of this build doing maps etc.

Well i have made a video of my Marauder lvl 73 doing a lvl 67 map, i have added some commentary with some tips as well so it would help more people.

Here is the video, hope you will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT11oG8MK50
Last edited by Rhoik on Feb 19, 2013, 4:31:18 PM
"
Rhoik wrote:
A lot of people are asking how viable is at end game, or if there are any videos of this build doing maps etc.

Well i have made a video of my Marauder lvl 73 doing a lvl 67 map, i have added some commentary with some tips as well so it would help more people.

Here is the video, hope you will enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT11oG8MK50

I would fall alseep playing like that :P Why dont you use blood rage and faster attack gems?
"
Swaggie wrote:

I would fall alseep playing like that :P Why dont you use blood rage and faster attack gems?

I use faster attacks on ground slam. I cant use it on heavy strike because i dont have another 5 link to put it.
My gear in general is really crappy so i dont feel comfortable to use blood rage just yet.

Better safe and slower rather than dead :P
sorry op, gonna repeat this question because people probably dont check pages before,

need help, cause im not so good at min-maxing and calculating percentages.

i use this weapon ;

now, for next 3 skill points, im in dillema between going for "reckless abandon" nodes next to "berserking" which give me +18%phys damage, 4% atack speed and 15 stun duration or to take 3 "catalyze - weapon elemental dmg" nodes which give me +50% elemental weapon damage.
im leaning to elemental nodes, but need confirmation.
thank you :)

also, is it worth respecing out of 34 % health node tree to get to iron reflexes if i am level 68 and will need to level grace aura from lvl 1.

i mean, i can find out for myself but regrets arent so cheap.. for me at least :&
A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
Personally, I'm not sure I would take the elemental weapon damage bonuses since this build focuses so little on them, it all seems to be based on physical. So I would keep boosting physical damage and attack speed. My 2 cents.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info