1.3 [Newbie Friendly] GROUNDSLAMMER BUILD

@up
With purely physical build you should not care much about elemental damage. If you want to get full use of Catalysm create another elemental character.

If you want damage I may suggest not Reckless Abandon, not Catalysm, but Butchery.

Go Iron Reflexes if you are able to maintain ~150 dex for high-level Grace. Otherwise - no.

And it does not worth respecing 34% life for Iron Reflexes

@Lord
You will still waste A LOT of nodes. Well. I'm not forcing you to do anything. I just warn you, that you will regret it later.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Feb 19, 2013, 5:38:37 PM
Is this guide viable for hardcore?
Hey guys. Two questions. First of all, are there any huge weak links in my gear?

(Ignore gems, they're set up for Ledge farming in Merciless, not survivability in actual challenging areas)

Second question: Maybe I'm just flat-out misunderstanding this, but to the best of my knowledge, life leech caps out at 20% regen/second, right? So if I'm using Warlord's Mark with an AOE (5-7% life leech per enemy hit) attack, isn't it better to be using a life-on-hit support gem since a LL gem won't stack well with Warlord's Mark?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.
This guide is awesome, thank you so much, just came to A3 Merciless with about 2.8k life and 2.3k ground slam damage, what I would recommend:

when choosing a weapon don't only look for high damage, look for attspeed as well as ur basic attspeed is pretty low, so a little attspeed is a high percentage of higher dps

using this with faster attacks which plays completely different (smoother) than with high damage low speed mace

Just my 2 cents.

Also a question: what do i need amplify for? For those 4 skillpoints i could go north and get more health nodes (even a +10% one)? Am I overlooking something? --> okay found it, that s*%t increases ground slam, right? Awesomeeeee...

Good hunting everyone...

muesli
Last edited by biomuesli on Feb 19, 2013, 6:05:54 PM
"
soulgobbler wrote:
Is this guide viable for hardcore?

I should say so... it's a beast.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.
"
Chronarch wrote:
First off thanks to the OP for the great guide.

Secondly, I was looking through the last few pages (wasn't going through all 98) for ideas on how to spend points later. Combining some of the other suggested builds, this is what I've come up with so far:

Good

Some notes on this build:

- For Butchery near the beginning of the Marauder tree, I left out the extra damage & ias nodes, as I think they could be better spent elsewhere.
You've done exactly as it is recommended! Also Butchery is good idea, when you want MOAR damage

- With the life circle I skipped out on the extra resists & life regeneration. Didn't see a point to even more resists and I am *guessing* you could regenerate more from a life % increase rather than the extra 1.2% life regeneration.
% regen is something that is core of this build. This thing makes you so powerful. If you are so close to it you HAVE TO take it. Really. I would respec both Reckless Abandon and those resists by Marauder for it (resists because by the end-game they will be maxed from equipment

- Left out the increased elemental damage in the Templar section. Without a real emphasize on elemental damage, the extra strength looked better.
Both elemetal damage nodes and strength nodes brings negligible effects

- Added in Reckless Abandon. For 3 points you get increased stun, ias, and 18% more damage.
6% and 1%IAS for one point?! This is obviously pure waste of points! And stun? You wont even notice it in non-stun build

- You can skip the point from Might at the life circle in case you need it somewhere else.
So skip it.

I am open to any suggestions.

"
Also a question: what do i need amplify for? For those 4 skillpoints i could go north and get more health nodes (even a +10% one)? Am I overlooking something? --> okay found it, that s*%t increases ground slam, right? Awesomeeeee...

Additional range of Ground Slam is pure ASS-SAVER. Also it increases your effective dps as you hit more enemies at once.

BTW: Wtf means OP?

"
Second question: Maybe I'm just flat-out misunderstanding this, but to the best of my knowledge, life leech caps out at 20% regen/second, right? So if I'm using Warlord's Mark with an AOE (5-7% life leech per enemy hit) attack, isn't it better to be using a life-on-hit support gem since a LL gem won't stack well with Warlord's Mark?

WTF? Cap is 20% of your maximum life, not 20% of dealt damage. And even if you leech 60% of your maximum life, you will leech it, but in three seconds.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
Last edited by NinjaArabStrategist on Feb 19, 2013, 6:15:00 PM
OP: Original Poster, which is you.

also:

OP: Overpowered. But in this case he means you as the OP.
"
@up
With purely physical build you should not care much about elemental damage. If you want to get full use of Catalysm create another elemental character.

If you want damage I may suggest not Reckless Abandon, not Catalysm, but Butchery.

Go Iron Reflexes if you are able to maintain ~150 dex for high-level Grace. Otherwise - no.

And it does not worth respecing 34% life for Iron Reflexes

tnx for answers. i did butchery tree while skiping some nodes here & there like life regen, resists, (which i got almost maxed from gear and theres allways en.charges), cant evade node & blood magic (2 mana leech from wurms belt and still can count on fingers how many times i used mana pot ) .. so i thought geting a bit more dps wouldnt be bad cause thats what build concentrates on for beside hp & charges.

feels good though knowing that i wont waste 3 regrets because i took reckles abandon.

can u recomend some armor nodes maybe or do u even think any should be taken ? i do recieve most damage from high phys. dmg mobs and bosses so i thought bumping it up a little and thats why i considered going to iron reflexes, but it would take me a lot of skillpoints to branch there without sacrificing some major node tree im in.

A stranger like no otherther,
Faced the wall of the Umbra,

@Yastro
"
yastru wrote:
can u recomend some armor nodes maybe or do u even think any should be taken ? i do recieve most damage from high phys. dmg mobs and bosses so i thought bumping it up a little and thats why i considered going to iron reflexes, but it would take me a lot of skillpoints to branch there without sacrificing some major node tree im in.

The problem with armour is that you soak less, percentage wise, the more damage the incoming attack deals, so against the high physical damage enemies, having that extra armour won't help much. That said, a granite flask of iron skin can add enough armour for it to be quite helpful, even against those enemies.
If you are set on getting +armour % nodes, there are three places to get them. First is the obvious Armour Mastery by Marauder start (along with the 10% and 15% connecting to them). Second is Body and Soul by the Templar start (only getting one of the armour/ES nodes, since they don't add much). Last would be the Steel Skin cluster by Unwavering Stance. Total from that would add up to 121% extra armour and 10% elemental resists for 8 points. But as mentioned before, it won't do much good against anything beyond trash mobs, except for when you use a granite flask, in which case the flask itself should be enough.
"
% regen is something that is core of this build. This thing makes you so powerful. If you are so close to it you HAVE TO take it. Really. I would respec both Reckless Abandon and those resists by Marauder for it (resists because by the end-game they will be maxed from equipment

While % regen is part of the build, I just wasn't sure if it would win out over having a higher life pool for our current regen to pump out a higher number (although after looking things back over I believe the life regen nodes would be better). However you pointing out a respec from the Marauder resists negates this question anyways, as those 4 points can just be spent to get a second section from the life circle.

"
Both elemetal damage nodes and strength nodes brings negligible effects

Agreed. Just the strength nodes bring better negligible effects for this build.

"
6% and 1%IAS for one point?! This is obviously pure waste of points! And stun? You wont even notice it in non-stun build

It is a bit low compared to the 9.5% dmg per point for Butchery.

"
So skip it.

Well it would be kind of hard to if I want those life regen nodes. ;)

"
BTW: Wtf means OP?

Like HMAN said, OP means original poster i.e. you.
IGN Grimknuckle
Last edited by Chronarch on Feb 19, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info