70k DPS | McPillar 1.0.4 - Righteous Fire Build [with VIDEO]

Answered Questions:

Q1
Casting RF while on lowlife with redbeaks / carcass to get bonuses i get, but when you switch carcass back for belly of beast / aumvorax / phenox shield, and remove your RF gem, the aura still stays on? As well as the bonus from redbeaks / jack? Then you get even more dps bonus from bellies %HP increase?

Yes u keep the bonuses and the Aura stays on. But u dont get more DPS from the belly. Everything which counts into the dmg to RF must be available when u cast it. The reason for Belly is more Survivabillity after and less energyshield in the gear.

Q2
Also, how important are the other gems in the build such as cast on dam taken dev totem and ice nova?

Besides the 4L | Cwdt | Ice Nova | Increased Area | Vulnerbility | in the Gloves everything is Optinonal Defence. I like the Endurance Charges in the shield because the Armor and DMG reduc. bonus, the 5l Freeze mine thing in belly is verry helpfull vs big taff groups and Lightning wrap in the boots is just for faster movement but not a must have!

Q3
I've got some really good ideas if i can take the best of this build and combine it with another OP build i have, if it works it will be even more insane.. I just need to know which of those gems are manditory besides the 3 auras, and the 5/6L RF.

As said in Q2 the only things u NEED is 4L RF, Concentraded, Increased Area and Burning DMG (5l with q20 fire pen cause 10% burning dmg (the penetration dont apply)) and the 4L in the Gloves. And the Auras for obvious reasons!!

Let me know what Build u would like to include to make it even more OP ;)

Q4
Why is cyclone your gem of choice? wouldn't arc or something similar work just as good? (i suppose cyclone hits more mobbs quicker but are you using it for some manditory life on hit regen or something?)

I Choose Cyclone because i have to get near the mobs anyway so its the best way to apply EE. If i would use arc i have to stop moving all time to cast it.
If u want to benefit Life from it i would link it with q20 life on hit and faster attaks.

Q5
Also is this build viable with full MF gear on? Pen blazon, goldwyrm / 2xandies / aurseize / MF+hp ammy, would you have enough HP?

Havnt tryed full MF so i dont know.. but should be possible if u are fine with dmg loss and can still keep up all ur resistances.

Q6
Another thing, is it mappable? 73+ maps? (not counting the mods you said it cant run, but if my theory works it will be able to)

I do Every Map and Every Boss from lvl 66-78 easyly. Will upload some Vids of 77/78 Maps soon!

Thanks!
Welcome! ;)

pewdd

Last edited by Uselchen on Dec 28, 2013, 7:49:48 AM
"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
RF PSA...Flammability beats Vulnerability pretty soundly.

The best is a 20% quality elemental weakness. Reduces resists by 59 at lvl 20 instead of 49% for flama ;)
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Yes u keep the bonuses and the Aura stays on. But u dont get more DPS from the belly. Everything which counts into the dmg to RF must be available when u cast it. The reason for Belly is more Survivabillity after and less energyshield in the gear.

Are you sure this is true? I heard from another RF guy, that the life actually does affect it since the life does not count as "snapshotted' as it is a base. For example, switching to a kaoms after already activating RF would increase the damage of the RF

Can someone clarify this?
Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Last edited by jtrand on Dec 28, 2013, 10:17:33 AM
"
jtrand wrote:
"

Are you sure this is true? I heard from another RF guy, that the life actually does affect it since the life does not count as "snapshotted' as it is a base. For example, switching to a kaoms after already activating RF would increase the damage of the RF

Can someone clarify this?

From the tests we made with Pew on PvP, switching to a carcass jack to buff, then switching back to kaom actually reduced the dmg of RF on him.
Hrmm interesting, did switching to kaoms decrease dmg of RF by a lot?

"
jtrand wrote:

Depends on the life u have while ur casting it, life is snapshoted while casting RF. So its individualy for everyone.
"
jtrand wrote:

I had around 7.3K with carcass jack then swapped to kaom for 9.4K HP. The difference was important, as it's a kaom in domination so only 500 HP but don't forget the 40% fire dmg to :)

I have a legacy Kaoms. Because of this, isn't snapshotting RF with legacy Kaoms give more damage than snapshotting it with Carcass Jack? I Can't imagine the 12% area damage giving more damage than 1000 life with RF.

Last edited by jtrand on Dec 28, 2013, 2:34:26 PM
Never did the calculations but i'm 99% sure it'll give you more than carcass.

I'll have to wait the end of domination to try and see if a legacy kaom is better than a 40% new one. If someone has both i'd appreciate the results :)
Last edited by Kagari on Dec 28, 2013, 3:07:52 PM
Any other opinions whether snapshotting with Kaoms will give more RF dps than snapshotting with carcass? Also, Most of the RF Marauder guides out there have the OP snapshotting with Carcass, then switching to non-legacy Kaoms ---but this doesn't make any sense to me as a non-legacy Kaoms would still give more dps to RF than carcass. . . so am I missing something here?

Also, I too would like to know if legacy kaoms or non-legacy kaoms would give more RF dps. It basically comes down to +500 life or 40% increased fire damage. If I had to guess, I would say legacy kaoms, but I'm not totally sure on this one. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info