The Blazing Build

"
Is there a reason you chose to calculate your DPS with 8000 life when in your videos you are only casting RF with 6400 life?

When you are swapping items, the damage you are taking from your max life is still changing. So if I would cast RF with 6400 life, I would burn for 403,2 life/sec(6400*0,9*0,07). If I swap my Koam's Heart in, I am not burning for 403,2 life/sec, because my life got increased. Life is one of the only things that still are changing your damage when lowering/increasing it.

Little bit off-topic: I chose 8'000 life because its a doable number with the Blazing build for level 85. I know its possible to get 13'000 with a legacy Koam's heart, but I wanted to calculate with number's that not only 1 from 1000 can reach.
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 23, 2013, 11:40:18 AM
"
Elsahr wrote:
"
Is there a reason you chose to calculate your DPS with 8000 life when in your videos you are only casting RF with 6400 life?

When you are swapping items, the damage you are taking from your max life is still changing. So if I would cast RF with 6400 life, I would burn for 403,2 life/sec(6400*0,9*0,07). If I swap my Koam's Heart in, I am not burning for 403,2 life/sec, because my life got increased. Life is one of the only things that still are changing your damage when lowering/increasing it.

Little bit off-topic: I chose 8'000 life because its a doable number with the Blazing build for level 85. I know its possible to get 13'000 with a legacy Koam's heart, but I wanted to calculate with number's that not only 1 from 1000 can reach.

I was talking more along the lines of using 8000 health for the DPS calculation, when hitting that much life without a kaoms in your build would basically require being level 95+.
You literally don't need frenzy charges for anything. Blood Dance boots are wasted in so many ways. I'm sure you can do fine in almost any case, expect 1. Half regen 2. No regen 3. -Max resist. 4. Vulnerability. And im pretty sure you get owned by devourers alot.
Not being able to do so many mods is just too much of a gimp.
"
serlokki wrote:
You literally don't need frenzy charges for anything. Blood Dance boots are wasted in so many ways. I'm sure you can do fine in almost any case, expect 1. Half regen 2. No regen 3. -Max resist. 4. Vulnerability. And im pretty sure you get owned by devourers alot.
Not being able to do so many mods is just too much of a gimp.

Yes, in very easy map I am also using:

instead of the Blood Dance boots, because I have enough regeneration. But I really wanna do those hard maps mods with a RF build, so I decided to go the Blood Dance way. With the Blood Dance boots i can do Half regen and vulnerability.
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 23, 2013, 1:48:52 PM
"
I was talking more along the lines of using 8000 health for the DPS calculation, when hitting that much life without a kaoms in your build would basically require being level 95+.

If you are really hitting 95, you have done many many maps. You nearly can't reach 95 without spending many exalts in maps. So I think in practice you already would have bought a Koam's Heart, before spending so many exalteds on maps.

In theory you're right :D
"
Elsahr wrote:
"

If you are really hitting 95, you have done many many maps. You nearly can't reach 95 without spending many exalts in maps. So I think in practice you already would have bought a Koam's Heart, before spending so many exalteds on maps.

In theory you're right :D

Im not sure you are understanding... in your build you calculate your DPS, you assume that you have 8000 hp... but in your videos when you cast RF you have 6.4k. This means your DPS is based off 6.4k, not the 8k you have with kaoms on, because the damage was snapshotted.

In order to get all the life nodes in your level 100 tree that would give you 8k hp without kaoms would require atleast level 95-96. You should either change the hp in your calculation or tag it as a theoretical dps
"
Im not sure you are understanding... in your build you calculate your DPS, you assume that you have 8000 hp... but in your videos when you cast RF you have 6.4k. This means your DPS is based off 6.4k, not the 8k you have with kaoms on, because the damage was snapshotted.

In order to get all the life nodes in your level 100 tree that would give you 8k hp without kaoms would require atleast level 95-96. You should either change the hp in your calculation or tag it as a theoretical dps

Only the damage multiplier gets snapshotted, the base not. And the base in the Blazing build is life.
shouldn't the damage you receive from RF also be increased by increased buff effect nodes?

how do you cope against totems like kuduku?

thanks!
"
dlrr wrote:
shouldn't the damage you receive from RF also be increased by increased buff effect nodes?

how do you cope against totems like kuduku?

thanks!

The way of Righteous Fire scales with buff effect got changed many times. I think it's still increasing the damage. The thing is, I needed the 34% aura/buff effect nodes, but only 6% is buff effect (because RF isn't an aura, it doesn't scale with the other 28%).
Now with the math: (0,9*1,06)*8000*0,07=534,24
That's only 30 damage/sec more, same as a chaos/sec map mod, it's not that hard

Against totems in general I do nothing. Solo I never enter the map with the totem boss. In groups I just try to focus damage other things that the group could help. :)
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 24, 2013, 4:36:44 AM
"
Izuria wrote:
"
jrsyn wrote:
actually Redbeak does not increase RF damage. Would be better just use the searing torch.

Have you actually tested this? I haven't myself, but a ton of guides say it works so I trust that.

Have you considered using the additional curse ring, OP? I know you're already dealing a lot of damage, but I can't help but to think at this point getting flamability/ele weakness would boost your DPS by a ridiculous amount.

I have tested myself with M1 hilock a few times and it always dies in 4 secs with or without redbeak when truing RF on.

Also here is a official statement from Mark
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/67569

*However Mark talked about it will be changed and seems 1.0.2 have make DOT affected by increased damage modifier.
So Im not sure about this now....
Last edited by jrsyn on Dec 24, 2013, 7:33:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info