The Blazing Build

"
newmanlol wrote:
just fyi it's worth having 5L for your righteous fire, with the fifth link being culling strike. You don't get the culling effect, but you get up to 22% increased dmg from the gem. I run a similar build that's a bit more life focused (drops blood dance/frenzy charges to maximize life totals for a bit higher dps and survivability from 1-shot mechanics, but sacrifices the extra % regen you get from blood dance). If you want to check it out: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwCcQSzBS0SaRRNFm8XHBcvGNsZLhmFGmwb-iFgJKoksCXfJ9Un7Sj6KaUxnjWSNuk64TwtQKBBh0d-Sn1KyEz_TeNOKlBQUq9USVXGWGNbr18_YEthIWVNZ6BodG6qcXl07XTxeA16qnrvgKSCx4M4hNmE74bRh3aI8YzPj0aUoJitna6iAKQZplenCKluq8WsWa1Kr2y18rc-uJO53b6KxFjE9sWKxq7G2M0mz2XQ0NSP2E3aYt0N4urjaudS52Pr7u8O73zwH_JF8932SPno-tL8xf4K_o8=

I really like the idea of getting more armour, it's much more viable in 76+ maps. I tested Culling Strike like 20 levels ago, but only the culling effect, probably going to retest this and upgrade my gear. Later things I will be posting here.
Hi,
May I know if activating with legacy koams will deal more dmg than a carcass jack?
IGN: xUzii
My view: NO CHAOS/HP NO TALK
My shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/365953
I would rather add increased item rarity gem to my righteous fire over culling strikes 22% damage increase, which wouldn't even be that much since its additive. They changed it so dots proc the IIR gem a few patches ago, so it should work now :)
-I updated the Gems and the Gear section a little bit.

"
xUzi wrote:
Hi,
May I know if activating with legacy koams will deal more dmg than a carcass jack?

Snapshotting (activating with bonuses you don't wear later) only works with multiplier. Life is a base. If you have a Legacy Koam's Heart and doing the Blazing Build, just wear it later, and activate Righteous Fire with the bonuses from the Carcass Jack.

"
newmanlol wrote:
just fyi it's worth having 5L for your righteous fire, with the fifth link being culling strike. You don't get the culling effect, but you get up to 22% increased dmg from the gem.

I retested Culling Strike now, and the increased damage doesn't work. :(
It isn't displayed that Culling Strike is linked, and I also don't deal more damage (tested on Hillock, all kills had the same duration of 29 Frames/a little bit less than second.).

"
GreatMalek wrote:
I would rather add increased item rarity gem to my righteous fire over culling strikes 22% damage increase, which wouldn't even be that much since its additive. They changed it so dots proc the IIR gem a few patches ago, so it should work now :)

Dots are working with iir/iiq now, but linking the support gem to Righteous Fire doesn't. I also have stacked 50 iir, because the first points are scaling like crazy.
Hey Elsahr,
Could you check my RF calculator please? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/722150

Also regarding the HP not being snapshoted for dmg purposes, I think you're wrong. I did some runs with low life but +iir/iiq and my dmg with 3k was the same as my usual dmg with 6k :S
"
Akaihime wrote:
Hey Elsahr,
Could you check my RF calculator please? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/722150

Also regarding the HP not being snapshoted for dmg purposes, I think you're wrong. I did some runs with low life but +iir/iiq and my dmg with 3k was the same as my usual dmg with 6k :S

Nice calculator for sure, but I already had my own. ;)
Here some screenshot:
Spoiler

It's a way easier version, I also will releasing this Google document if its finished and people want it.

The damage of Righteous Fire is made of maximum life, so if you are low life (below 35%) it is still calculated from your maximum life. I'm going to test this again (yeah I'm testing a lot things).

-Edit: No it doesn't snapshots the life, tested in Lunaris 3, Hillock and Piety. Your probably just don't have so much damage multiplier to notice the difference.
Last edited by Elsahr on Dec 26, 2013, 4:11:04 PM
Possible to make this build without the bandit quest (Merciless: Frenzy charge, for 1% life regeneration with the Blood Dance boots) ?
Why are you making activating RF so complicated?

---Just activate the BM Aura to get low life...turn on RF...then weapon swap.

-You can do the same thing...but with just equipping Carcass Jack first.
"
Frostituee wrote:
Possible to make this build without the bandit quest (Merciless: Frenzy charge, for 1% life regeneration with the Blood Dance boots) ?

Yeah it should be possible, and later on you can still change the bandit reward for more life regeneration.

"
Epsilon2012 wrote:
Why are you making activating RF so complicated?

I want to go for the maximum possible dps, so I need to snapshot Carcass Jack and two Redbeaks.
I leveled up to level 90 today, so made some changes:
-I updated the Gear and Stats section, wrote more questions into the FAQ, and updated the passive tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info