Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Thanks for detailed answer, Bars!
No, I would not expect that this build will be as tanky and at the same time dealing tons of damage. I want to try something new and CoC build is very interesting for me.

You're welcome. Just one more disclaimer: this is a cheap DPS build because it doesn't rely on weapon damage. Which also means it can't pull off the DPS of some weapon-based crit builds with high-end gear. IMHO it is one of the best builds in terms of cost efficiency, but if you go into "I can't count my exalts" territory, crit dagger builds and probably others I can't think of will hit harder.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 25, 2014, 4:44:10 PM
"
Mohos wrote:
ive got a rats nest maligaro's 2 30%+crit wands yet i only have 58% crit? 375% crit multiplyer aswell
this build isnt working for me for some reason followed the talent tree aswell

im not criting enough to proc my EK for things to die, i should be able to do docks without trouble but im sometimes having trouble.
saved up for currency for this build and would like it to work for me if someone could help

58% base crit chance is not that bad(altho it should be around 65% at least). Dont forget that you are also getting around +25% crit chance from 5 power charges on top of that(assuming that you use PCoC gem and you picked up power charge node from the tree and from the bandits quest).
Im running with 66% base crit chance which with power charges goes up to 93%. Does your rings and amulet have any crit chance on them? Did you pick up all the crit chance nodes from the build already?

Also whats the lvl of your skill gems( especially ethereal knives and cast on crit)? Lvl of EK gem is very importand if it comes to damage. Also, do you run Hatred? It boosts damage significantly.

But crit chance is not the only important factor. What is your chance to hit? And whats is the attack speed on your wands, it should be at least 1.3 ihmo. If your chance to hit/accuracy and attack speed are low then you wont be critting often enough even with high crit chance.
Last edited by nefczi on Mar 25, 2014, 4:57:44 PM
"
nefczi wrote:

2 seconds is a lot, you can leach almost half of your health in that time or all health if you use Vaal Pact or simply get out of dodge if neccesery. Imortal call is for spike/burs damage, for those "Oh fxxx!" situations when you get a lot of phisical damage, when things go wrong.

And with low level CWDT setup immortal call often goes off without any endurance charges since it has lower cooldown, so it gives you immunity only for split second, but its enough to often mitigate a lot of damage.
Thats how I like it, some ppl may prefere to have constaant damage reduction with endurance charges or molten shell, but such setup wont help much in situations when you recive huge phisical damage.

Since I bought Lightning Coil I feel like I dont need that extra armour from endurance charges or molten shell. I prefere Immortall call. Just works best for me.

ANd yeah I actually was thinking about 2 CWDT setups. I thought about:
CWDT(lvl 1) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Enfeeble(lvl 5)
CWDT(max lvl) - Enduring Cry(max) - Immortal Call(max) - Increased Duration/Molten Shell(max)

In such setup we have a lot of endu charges generations and a lot of "enfeebling" with low level CWDT.
And second CWDT is used as "last line of defence". It goes of rarely, when you take a lot of damage but it should give you around 4-5 seconds of immunity to phys damage. Molten shell in that setup is also a great option as it would give a lot of armor on high level, and also it deals quite a lot of damage.
This is something I havent tested yet with this build, but I used such setup with my Cyclone CoC Discharger in previous league, and it worked great.

yeap i used a similar set up with my cyclone duelist as well. However, i might do something different since this is a caster.

The set up u mentioned works wonders but mainly for tanking huge mobs. I like how Immortal call helps with physical reflect and might use that instead :P

maybe something like

cwdt 1 - enfeeble - enduring cry - decoy totem

cwdt higher level or max - molten shell - immortal call

since enduring cry casts after immortal call sometimes when linked in the same gear, theres no point linking them together when u have another in a lower cwdt (tested and watched many youtube videos proving this is true)

i dont think we need the increased duration because we can kite a lot more than cycloners.

once again this is just from my experience as well playing a melee char end game doing party 78 maps and shit, with legacy gear .... so its entirely different from how this build functions.
@bars

serious question about survivability.

6L belly of beast with

coc-pcoc-ek-barrage-ll-chain (or cold snap)

or

6L voll's

with similar as above but with summon skeletons

im just using summon skele on secondary barrage and its doing fine.... but just wondering cuz belly of beast is just awesome with 34% life (and 15 all resist i might even be able to switch out purity for something else and can run mali+rats)
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 25, 2014, 6:42:10 PM
I wanted to thank Leming for this build, I've never had so much fun playing poe!
can smb make 78lvl map video? Or at least say about how fast this build clear such maps compared to other builds? Cant find it anywhere
English is not my native language, so forgive me for the mistakes pls
I am so confused... How can you cast barrage while it's on the item with CoC? CoC blocks casting of supported gems... isn't barrage the main attack used to trigger EK? I must be missing something here.
"
I am so confused... How can you cast barrage while it's on the item with CoC? CoC blocks casting of supported gems... isn't barrage the main attack used to trigger EK? I must be missing something here.

Barrage is an attack. When you link CoC to an attack, this attack will trigger all linked spells when it crits.

Other support gems, like life leech or chain, will work both for the attack, i.e. Barrage, and for the spells it's linked to.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 26, 2014, 8:00:24 AM
hi, im a really new player here in POE (starts at the end of domination) and this build seems to catch my attention since the concept of the build is, really me lol. 1st, if my english is broken, sorry its not my prime language :)

been using this build as shadow and currently at lvl 74. as it is spoken, the damage goes beyond insane. this is my eq for now

Spoiler

i really love the damage burst, but my problem is to survive. at 74, my hp is only around 2.8k now even tho im taking all the possible life nodes. my resistance without purity of element for fire cold lighning and chaos are -9/74/53/-31 *yes its -9 fire resistance. and the worst part is, i usually sets some of my eq to MF and reach up to around 160 without IR gem. u'll be surprised with my resistance if i were to write my resistance here when im going MF, it's probably the worst possible resistance in merciless.

by the time playing around with this handsome buddy of mine, and after discussing this build with my fellow guild mate, i've made my decision to throw iron reflex and taking ondar, also on my way to acrobatics just a bit more point or perhaps respecting some passive. im playing in a very crappy laptop, so desync and fps drop is often to happen and makes me wanna punch a wall. thanks god i got a furry cat to ease my anger, hatred and wrath just by looking at him.

the reason why i throw my iron reflex is because, the crappy laptop. i was thinking, while the Over Powered desync and fps drop attacked, it's probably better for me to evade than taking some serious beating to death while im taking iron reflex and still squishy as shit. simply put, iron reflexes means taking all the hit. for me, any slight chance to evade, is death or alive matter. i know my gear isn't that good yet, but to wait until i got GG items to cover the armor as im taking iron reflex and trying to cap my resistance while taking a risk of easy beating to death, no thank you. going MF or not doesn't change anything, any hit on 68-69 blue maps took half my life. so yes, evade give me more survavibility now. if any people here got the same problem with me, i suggest you to consider taking ondar. not to bashing the iron reflex build one. it's matter of playstyle and which u like most. as for my nodes, its basically the same. i respect iron reflex, dex nodes under iron reflex and 2 crit nodes just above shadow starting passive. ondar is 4 points away from my nearest route, im taking twin terror. my problem with not going iron reflex is getting all off color on eva boots *see my boots

i really wanna thank you for many people who posted here, especially LeMing for the original build and Bars for keep answering any questions here. actually i got some questions but some other random citizen already asked and u answer it pretty quickly, really helps me a lot :)
this is my first char to make it through 65 without me getting bored so cheers to it :)

i got question, im really going to change my maligaro or rat's nest. which one you think will be best?
Last edited by kingjojon on Mar 26, 2014, 10:03:58 AM
@kingjojon: did you read my post on the bottom of the previous page?

About rat's and maligaro's - there isn't a straight answer to that, depends on what rares you have access to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info