Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bars wrote:
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
axn1314 wrote:

newly crafted item for this build on standard. special thanks to Bars for his advice.

Any idea which mod to get on the last prefix guys?

i took crit multi and spell crit chance due to the fact accuracy and faster projectile can be achieve more easily from accessory, gem and node.

damage + acc for the acc is about as good as it gets on prefix

personally would've taken ias over spell crit chance though

We talked about that and I told him that IAS, particularly on a 1.50 attacks per second wand, is a bit of a double-edged sword because it may lead to mana management issues. And, IMO, IAS isn't that important, the attack speed is enough as it is.

Great wand man, you aren't joking around when you craft :)

I think running with two of these will definitely require a CwdT - Immortal Call setup to deal with reflect though :D

couldnt do it without your help Bars! many thanks!
IGN: _AXN_ (standard Server)

MY SHOP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/515441
provide mirror service on the best item only.
(#1 crit bow, #1 crit staff, #1 crown of eye shield, #1 pdps dagger, #1 pdps 1hd sword, #1 ES/Armour shield, #1 belt, #1boot...and alot more)
It's nothing, really. I wrote a couple of messages and told you stuff you would have probably thought of yourself. And it's nice to see a mirror-level item for this build, it really does elevate it up there with the big boys :)

Cheers.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
axn1314 wrote:

newly crafted item for this build on standard. special thanks to Bars for his advice.

Any idea which mod to get on the last prefix guys?

i took crit multi and spell crit chance due to the fact accuracy and faster projectile can be achieve more easily from accessory, gem and node.

Wow! Nice wand! Just curious, how much currency have you spent on craftinc that beuty? I never got into crafting (beside basics like alting/alch some stuff, rolling flasks etc.,) as I read it gets really expensive.

"
bowen123 wrote:

doesn't immortal call only last for like 2 seconds when you link it with enduring cry + cwdt?

suppose i have 2 cwdt gems. Set up like bars ..... in a 4 link and a 3 link respectively.

How would you go about that? i think having EC on a lower cwdt and IC on a higher one would result in better and longer physical immunity no?

please let me know :)

2 seconds is a lot, you can leach almost half of your health in that time or all health if you use Vaal Pact or simply get out of dodge if neccesery. Imortal call is for spike/burs damage, for those "Oh fxxx!" situations when you get a lot of phisical damage, when things go wrong.

And with low level CWDT setup immortal call often goes off without any endurance charges since it has lower cooldown, so it gives you immunity only for split second, but its enough to often mitigate a lot of damage.
Thats how I like it, some ppl may prefere to have constaant damage reduction with endurance charges or molten shell, but such setup wont help much in situations when you recive huge phisical damage.

Since I bought Lightning Coil I feel like I dont need that extra armour from endurance charges or molten shell. I prefere Immortall call. Just works best for me.

ANd yeah I actually was thinking about 2 CWDT setups. I thought about:
CWDT(lvl 1) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Enfeeble(lvl 5)
CWDT(max lvl) - Enduring Cry(max) - Immortal Call(max) - Increased Duration/Molten Shell(max)

In such setup we have a lot of endu charges generations and a lot of "enfeebling" with low level CWDT.
And second CWDT is used as "last line of defence". It goes of rarely, when you take a lot of damage but it should give you around 4-5 seconds of immunity to phys damage. Molten shell in that setup is also a great option as it would give a lot of armor on high level, and also it deals quite a lot of damage.
This is something I havent tested yet with this build, but I used such setup with my Cyclone CoC Discharger in previous league, and it worked great.

"
Manemaan wrote:
How about an alpha's howl helmet to run another aura? I've seen people run 3 aura's on mana pool with that thing, and maybe we could use another?

You dont need Alpha's Howl to run 3 Auras on mana with this build. With 20% reduced mana reserved from the tree you only need lvl 17-18 Reduced Mana gem to be able to run 3 Auras and have enough mana unreserved left to use Barrage.

Im running Hatred, Grace and Purity of Elements on mana. WIth 672 total mana pool and lvl 18 Reduced Mana gem I have 47 mana left(unreserved).
Last edited by nefczi on Mar 25, 2014, 9:28:41 AM
Bought this as a white for 4c, then alched it and chaosed it twice and got this.

Nothing to a rich player, but for a first character it feels amazing. I spent maybe 3-4 hours grinding on the ledge, hit 57. About to buy wands and gear and go nuts. Going to explain what I bought with my budget of maybe 8c worth of currency items when I'm done, criticism is welcome. It's happening!!
Last edited by Zomb1ek1ller on Mar 25, 2014, 12:12:45 PM
How tanky this build is? Is there a version with Acrobatics? After playing BOR + Wings of Entropy Duelist with max block/spell block it seems others builds not tanky enough :)
"
How tanky this build is? Is there a version with Acrobatics? After playing BOR + Wings of Entropy Duelist with max block/spell block it seems others builds not tanky enough :)

Nowhere as tanky as your build. If you want a tank, you're in the wrong thread. That being said, a barrage wander done right will get hit very rarely, so it doesn't actually need to be tanky. It just uses completely different defense mechanisms. If you are interested, I can go into some more detail.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Yes, please. I'm very interested.
ive got a rats nest maligaro's 2 30%+crit wands yet i only have 58% crit? 375% crit multiplyer aswell
this build isnt working for me for some reason followed the talent tree aswell

im not criting enough to proc my EK for things to die, i should be able to do docks without trouble but im sometimes having trouble.
saved up for currency for this build and would like it to work for me if someone could help
@Mohos: post your passive tree, gear and level please.

@Obi_Wan_Kenobi: All right. First off, it will never come even close to your build in terms of durability. Some hard-hitting bosses will always be more problematic. There is a higher chance of dying. This is the price you are paying for playing a build which deals disproportionate amounts of damage to the resources you are investing in it.

How this build deals with damage:

1. It is ranged. This means it just takes much less damage than a melee build and, when played properly, can kite a lot.

2. When you get to level 70+, it starts killing stuff very fast. Things don't live long enough to deal damage to you.

3. At level 90, it has quite a respectable +life bonus. My variation of the build will have +274%. LeMing's will have a little less, but this is compensated by instant life leech with Vaal Pact.

4. You can use CoC + Barrage + Summon Skeletons, either as a secondary support attack to use when you choose, or as part of your main attack if you have a 5 or 6-link. When you hit with Barrage, your chance to crit is calculated once, and if it's a critical, all 4 barrage hits crit. This means that, when you get good crit chance (and you will), and when you level the CoC and skeleton gems, almost every barrage attack will summon 6 skeletons right on top of your target. Since it's a CoC spell, you can max level it, there is no mana requirement, and high-level skeletons with your grace and purity auras are actually quite tanky. They also aggro your target immediately because they spawn right on top of it and attack immediately. This is better than any other method to summon skeletons - by far. Even if your target attacks you, the skeletons aggro it and it switches to them.

5. LeMing's build uses Lightning Coil, which is the best physical damage tanking item in the game. My variation (it is almost identical) uses Voll's Protector. With Voll's Protector, you can use Cold Snap. Cold Snap perma-freezes almost everything and slows down even the fattest bosses. In combination with Summon Skeletons, you will get hit very, very rarely.

6. You can get the surgeon's mod on all your flasks and spam them almost non-stop. You can have 100% uptime of your resistance or armor flasks in boss fights. Against tough casters, you can swap your flasks and use whatever you need. You can also run all the time with a granite flask of iron skin and a jade flask or reflexes, which, combined with Grace and Iron Reflexes, give huge armor on demand.

This is also explained in my guide, which is a slight modification of LeMing's with Voll's Protector.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 25, 2014, 3:14:28 PM
Thanks for detailed answer, Bars!
No, I would not expect that this build will be as tanky and at the same time dealing tons of damage. I want to try something new and CoC build is very interesting for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info