Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
tavarner17 wrote:
Here's a couple of maybe noobish questions about the build.

For Chain, why doesn't level matter? To me, it seems that a lvl 20 chain gem (38% increased damage) is about as good as adding a lvl 20 added fire gem to a lvl 1 chain.

Also, do we just not care about resists? None of OP's elemental resists are capped, and that seems really dangerous, especially with a Lightning Coil. Also, with the gear shown his chaos resist is at minimum, -60%. Is this alright because the insane leech makes up for being so squishy?

increased is additive, not multiplicative. it still does matter though, considering we only get around 150-200% increased from other sources, so level 20 chain is still at least 13% more dps than a level 1

we do care about res. most of the people following the original guide to the letter are having survivability issues, since it was never designed for extreme circumstances. tailor the build for yourself to a balance of offense/defense that you're comfortable with. bars's 5l voll's version has had a lot of success solo mapping, and my all rares version has ran through and survived many rip maps in parties
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
tavarner17 wrote:
Here's a couple of maybe noobish questions about the build.

For Chain, why doesn't level matter? To me, it seems that a lvl 20 chain gem (38% increased damage) is about as good as adding a lvl 20 added fire gem to a lvl 1 chain.

Also, do we just not care about resists? None of OP's elemental resists are capped, and that seems really dangerous, especially with a Lightning Coil. Also, with the gear shown his chaos resist is at minimum, -60%. Is this alright because the insane leech makes up for being so squishy?

increased is additive, not multiplicative. it still does matter though, considering we only get around 150-200% increased from other sources, so level 20 chain is still at least 13% more dps than a level 1

we do care about res. most of the people following the original guide to the letter are having survivability issues, since it was never designed for extreme circumstances. tailor the build for yourself to a balance of offense/defense that you're comfortable with. bars's 5l voll's version has had a lot of success solo mapping, and my all rares version has ran through and survived many rip maps in parties

where do we find teh Bar's version?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
great news! just tested my standard coc barrage. still unphased by phys reflect map, though I only got to test up to phys + ele + vuln. game trolled me and wouldn't give me a phys reflect rare..........upon retrospect I really should've just gone suicide mode and slapped crit weakness on some packs to simulate it, but too late now

still, couldn't outdps my own life leech regen, even after the major LL nerf. and that's huge. guess my variant won't need tweaking! =3
"
nefczi wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

also why put Enduring cry on level 3, when level 1 procs more? then you can have molten shell on lvl 3?

It wont proc more becouse of the cooldown.
"Cast when Damage Taken has a cooldown of 250ms, or the linked skill's cooldown, whichever is longer."
And Enduring Cry has 4 seconds cooldown.

"
bowen123 wrote:

also if i only have access to 1 cwdt atm, what link should i do?

I tested diferent CWDT setups in last few deys and what works best for me is:
Cwdt(lvl1) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Enfeeble (lvl 5)

Tested Molten shell a lot and I dont know why ppl like it in low level CWDT setup. The armor boost is barely noticable. It adds around 2% to physical damage mitigation only. It looks cool tho ;P
Immortal call on the other hand is great against spike damage. It saved me so many times. Decoy totem is decent as well, but it just dies instantly

But thats just my prsonall opinion. As Bars said, its best to test diferent things on your own and use what works best for you personally.

doesn't immortal call only last for like 2 seconds when you link it with enduring cry + cwdt?

suppose i have 2 cwdt gems. Set up like bars ..... in a 4 link and a 3 link respectively.

How would you go about that? i think having EC on a lower cwdt and IC on a higher one would result in better and longer physical immunity no?

please let me know :)
Everyone's got different philosophies. Mine is you shouldn't be getting hit all the time, so there's no reason to set the threshold so low. When it goes off, I want it to count. So like when I run into a Physical Reflect, flask to absorb enough of the first hit to not 1-shot myself and then use the invulnerability time to do what you need to. Why don't you go run around with various setups and see what you like?

@FAMO: Tested switching Chain out for Pierce today. There's not a good way to make it work. High damage is a death sentence because you can't control what it hits. And gimping damage to make it work is counterproductive.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
feyith wrote:
If you can sustain the mana, it's a permanent reduction in physical and fire damage taken.

I would actually recommend casting it manually so you can turn it on and off, but I like having it on all the time and forget to cast it, so that's why it's on my CwDT. :)

did you put mana leech in your gem set up? or you leech from you barrage physical dmg? (which is none?)

Scroll up. I'm a bow build. 2% is a lot.
Last edited by feyith on Mar 25, 2014, 1:23:40 AM
"
bowen123 wrote:
"
nefczi wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

also why put Enduring cry on level 3, when level 1 procs more? then you can have molten shell on lvl 3?

It wont proc more becouse of the cooldown.
"Cast when Damage Taken has a cooldown of 250ms, or the linked skill's cooldown, whichever is longer."
And Enduring Cry has 4 seconds cooldown.

"
bowen123 wrote:

also if i only have access to 1 cwdt atm, what link should i do?

I tested diferent CWDT setups in last few deys and what works best for me is:
Cwdt(lvl1) - Enduring Cry(lvl 5) - Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Enfeeble (lvl 5)

Tested Molten shell a lot and I dont know why ppl like it in low level CWDT setup. The armor boost is barely noticable. It adds around 2% to physical damage mitigation only. It looks cool tho ;P
Immortal call on the other hand is great against spike damage. It saved me so many times. Decoy totem is decent as well, but it just dies instantly

But thats just my prsonall opinion. As Bars said, its best to test diferent things on your own and use what works best for you personally.

doesn't immortal call only last for like 2 seconds when you link it with enduring cry + cwdt?

suppose i have 2 cwdt gems. Set up like bars ..... in a 4 link and a 3 link respectively.

How would you go about that? i think having EC on a lower cwdt and IC on a higher one would result in better and longer physical immunity no?

please let me know :)

low cwdt ec and high cwdt IC is a melee setup, for facetanking with end charges and bailing you out with ic only when you're in real danger

low cwdt ec ic is strictly for anti burst reflect and helping against stunlock, not for damage mitigation

newly crafted item for this build on standard. special thanks to Bars for his advice.

Any idea which mod to get on the last prefix guys?

i took crit multi and spell crit chance due to the fact accuracy and faster projectile can be achieve more easily from accessory, gem and node.
IGN: _AXN_ (standard Server)

MY SHOP: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/515441
provide mirror service on the best item only.
(#1 crit bow, #1 crit staff, #1 crown of eye shield, #1 pdps dagger, #1 pdps 1hd sword, #1 ES/Armour shield, #1 belt, #1boot...and alot more)
Last edited by axn1314 on Mar 25, 2014, 1:22:07 AM
"
feyith wrote:
Everyone's got different philosophies. Mine is you shouldn't be getting hit all the time, so there's no reason to set the threshold so low. When it goes off, I want it to count. So like when I run into a Physical Reflect, flask to absorb enough of the first hit to not 1-shot myself and then use the invulnerability time to do what you need to. Why don't you go run around with various setups and see what you like?

I have on other characters, and played with 2 cwdt (in fact i have 3 just for testing)

however they are melee characters like what bos said in the post before mine, and its usage is ultimately different.

With all that in mind, Molten shell is doing its job atm, will try and add in immortal call to see how that works and play around.

I would want to use 2 cwdt (one on wand + one in boots) for some real fun and increased survivability. Its not that i do not want to test things, im just open and curious as to what you guys might have tried for this build .... maybe i'd never have thought of it... especially since this is my first caster coc character.

"
axn1314 wrote:

newly crafted item for this build on standard. special thanks to Bars for his advice.

i took crit multi and spell crit chance due to the fact accuracy and faster projectile can be achieve more easily from accessory, gem and node.

damage + acc for the acc is about as good as it gets on prefix

personally would've taken ias over spell crit chance though
"
BoswerLK wrote:
"
axn1314 wrote:

damage + acc for the acc is about as good as it gets on prefix

personally would've taken ias over spell crit chance though

We talked about that and I told him that IAS, particularly on a 1.50 attacks per second wand, is a bit of a double-edged sword because it may lead to mana management issues. And, IMO, IAS isn't that important, the attack speed is enough as it is.

Great wand man, you aren't joking around when you craft :)

I think running with two of these will definitely require a CwdT - Immortal Call setup to deal with reflect though :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 25, 2014, 3:13:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info