Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Bars wrote:
"
bowen123 wrote:

I just started ambush with this char and just bought a 5L volls and a 10% crit wand

Currently lvl 30 still leveling

Wow, impressive. That must have cost about 3 exalts. How did you manage to farm for a 5-link Voll's and a wand so quickly? I can see this is your first Ambush character. Would love some farming tips, I never seem to be able to do it so effectively.

I found a guy selling it much cheaper. it went for about 2 exalt, and i forgot to mention i started ambush duelist when league started, but deleted cuz i hit a huge wall so i have a bit of currency which we compromised and made a deal :P

All i do is just farm ledge or mudflats then chamber of sins, i dont really follow quest line as much. Since they do say that orbs drop much more during low levels xD

Im level 30 and im only on chamber of sins quest so haha. after buying the volls i already have a few gcp, chaos, regrets, fusings, alchemies and even a 17% quality EK :)
Last edited by bowen123 on Mar 19, 2014, 3:59:57 PM
"
bowen123 wrote:
great im finally begining to understand the build more :) Thanks to Bars and Leming :)

I just started ambush with this char and just bought a 5L volls and a 10% crit wand

Currently lvl 30 still leveling

However, im interested in a few alternatives.

Since i am going to be using voll's it seems like i would not be able to use maligaros + rat's nest.

Would it be better to sway rat's for ALPHA'S HOWL??

Or is it better to swap maligaros for another glove, and if so which glove (i couldnt think of any)?

I have never played crit or coc builds EVER before, so i have no experience with this hence ALL the questions, which i apologize for asking these simple stupid ones :P

why alpha...it's not an aura based build. life+res+acc hat if you need it, and rat's nest if you don't
"

why alpha...it's not an aura based build. life+res+acc hat if you need it, and rat's nest if you don't

Okay i just thought it would free up mana and the cannot be frozen is cool.

So if i could only get one, which one would be better to get? (mali or rats) on ambush league ofc.

imo, rat's nest. but I personally never liked maligaro's. no defensive stats at all, and multi on a glove isn't easily swappable for the times when you're doing double reflect and need to lower your damage. I'd much rather get all my multi on my amulet, and just take it off or have a swap with 1 item space
So far I'm lvl 62. I swaped to Barrage-CoC-EK-PCoC-LL at around lvl 55.

This build is doing a great job.

I have not yet being able to get mali or rats but EK is proccing quite frequently.
I have manged to get about 80% CC (also skilled into those 15% CC nodes + CC amulett).
Due to using rare head and gloves its quite easy to get 75% all res.
I'm also hitting mobs for about 90% without skilling into %acc yet in 66-68 maps.

Also that "trick" with using Barrage-CoC-EK-sum.Skel works wonders. Almost every boss in the game is a joke.

Even when not getting rats in near future EK becomes proccing more often only because of the lvl up of those gems.

In my opinion its really not necessary to use VP. When landing a crit with EK your leech will be imense (with a decent life pool). You can invest into more damage, %life, %acc or %evade nodes. For end game you could also take those res nodes unter scion start and switch to rat and/or mali. Reflect shouldn't be a problem due to flasks.

I don't know how this build competes in case of DPS in the late game compared to others like a reave build, but I'm confident DPS will be more than enough.

Thank you guys for that huge amount of info regarding this build.
dude im really close to gear up my end game chest but i really want to go full eva not Iron Reflexes, Hyrri's Ire 6l + Ondar's Guile im really close to 10k eva with grace without Hyrri's so i think i can get 12 - 15k Eva its enough have only a bots with 100 armor nothing more just pure Eva what do u think about its to risk? im now 3.5k life its a good choice or not i dont really want to waste more than 15 regret if this doesn't work so if someone do it something similar can tell me what about the fully Eva choice.

Another Ques, whats better EK+EK+PCoC or EK+PCoC+Chain ?
Pure eva seems risky to me.

EK+EK won't proc, so EK+Chain is much better. ^_^
Hey, lvl 64 here. I really like this build.
I switched from Spectral Throw to Barrage setup at lvl 49 since that was the lvl of my 5 link armor ;) It was too early. The damage wasnt great at survivalablilty was terrible since i picked up almost all crit nodes and only few life ones till that point. It was painfull at first and I managed to die few times ;P but since im playing in AMbush it wasnt a big deal.

Things started slowly getting bette rin late 50s. I did some shoping around lvl 60, bought some cheap but decent gear and now im rocking at lvl 64. Especially after buying Rat's Nest. Amazing piece of gear for this build. Funny thing is that I thought it will take me at least few days of grinding before i will be able to afford it but RNG gods smiled upon me and I found 2 exalted orbs today... in like 30 minutes lol. Couldnt belive, considering that during last league exalted orb never dropped for me. Not even once.

Anyway, this build gets better and better with every lvl. Really enjoy it.

But I have one issue. So far I've been running Hatred + Grace + Clarity on mana. Today I switched to Hatred + Grace + Purity of elements(on mana) and moved Clarity(lvl 3) on life with Blood Magic.

I have 23 mana unreserved left. Barrage cost is 16. My attack per second is 2.12. Both weapons have same attack speed.
If my math is correct then to be able to continuously use Barrage I would need 33.92 mana regen (2.12 * 16).
With Clarity at lvl 3 I had 34 mana regen per second. But I was getting "Low on mana" mmsg from my char and after every 3rd or 4th attack my character performs and regular wand attack...
Clearly I'm running out of mana, which, again if my math is correct, shouldnt happen. Unless there is some kind of delay in when mana regen kicks in after using a skill.

I started even leveling my Clarity gem, its now lvl 6 and my mana regen is at 38, but im still runnign out of mana! Its a problem. Since Clarity is on life, and its reserving a big chung of my already low life pool, even with reduced mana.

So... whats goign on? What am I missing guys?

Edit: I just tested a higher lvl Clarity gem, which brought my mana regen to almost 60 and still runing out of mana. Sit seems that its not a mana regen issue. I guess it must be my unreserved mana pool. 23 seems to small. WIll have to live with that till i level it to 18 which should bring my unreserved mana to 33, over double of Barrage cost. THats should sole the issue. At least I hope so ;) Cos its annoying ;P
Last edited by nefczi on Mar 20, 2014, 4:28:00 PM
"
Bizze79 wrote:
Pure eva seems risky to me.

EK+EK won't proc, so EK+Chain is much better. ^_^

ok but phys reflect with chain its like panic on my pants i swear, some dude with phys ref on the another corner of the map get chained its GG for me lol
"
nefczi wrote:

I started even leveling my Clarity gem, its now lvl 6 and my mana regen is at 38, but im still runnign out of mana! Its a problem. Since Clarity is on life, and its reserving a big chung of my already low life pool, even with reduced mana.

So... whats goign on? What am I missing guys?

Edit: I just tested a higher lvl Clarity gem, which brought my mana regen to almost 60 and still runing out of mana. Sit seems that its not a mana regen issue. I guess it must be my unreserved mana pool. 23 seems to small. WIll have to live with that till i level it to 18 which should bring my unreserved mana to 33, over double of Barrage cost. THats should sole the issue. At least I hope so ;) Cos its annoying ;P

I don't know man, when I first put the Voll's protector on, I had ~20 unreserved mana left and could sustain barrage without issues. That was before they buffed barrage's attack speed, though. After the buff, I could still sustain it with something like 25 or 30 unreserved mana (I don't remember correctly). By the way, how did you get to 60 mana/sec? I never went above 40 with Clarity level 10 or so. I don't know, there must be something wrong in your calculations somewhere. Try to find some gear with the +mana regen mod and/or level your clarity until it does the trick, there are no other solutions. Sacrificing life hurts, but the up side is, once you get to higher levels, you'll literally pick only life nodes and you'll boost your HP a lot. Also, the blood magic gem will level and its penalty will lessen.

Besides, you don't really need much life for low to mid-level maps. Between the ability to constantly spam your granite/jade/resistance flasks and to summon skeletons on demand, you should be able to deal with anything. Between 66 and 70, I did Piety runs to level up and build my map pool and I even killed Kole on the way to Lunaris 3 - and I did it with ~2200 life without any problems. I just put summon skeletons in my main attack. It's as simple as that. When you level up and your character becomes tougher, it's no longer necessary to do this, you can either use a skeleton totem or a secondary coc+barrage+skeletons+curse attack, but if you're feeling vulnerable, it's a great temporary solution at the cost of a bit less damage.

As LeMing said, this build is at its weakest between 50 and 70, have some patience and you'll be rewarded.

@azzaeta: double EK does next to nothing when your CoC gem levels, if you don't like Chain, try replacing it with increased attack speed or +accuracy or, if you can afford to re-color, summon skeletons or added lightning/cold/chaos damage, fireball, arc, whatever you fancy really.

And, by the way, the reason to have IR is exactly to be able to deal with reflect packs without issues. It's not just some arbitrary decision cause "IR is cool" or something. With IR + Grace and a surgeon's granite flask of iron skin (which can be spammed constantly), you won't even feel the damage.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 20, 2014, 4:57:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info