Barrage Wonder Wanderer – how to DEMOLISH maps (1.3.X)

"
Teyo wrote:
"
Any sugest of wands for level 40 to 50? i'm only level 42 atm and it's very hard to find a good wand, most wand i've found is 56+.

I wouldn't transition till about 65ish, just use spectral throw till then, thats all i did.

If you transition prior to 65ish as Teyo suggests, just use the best wand you can find.

I'm using the following, I only switched to this offhand around level 53, prior to that it was a ~25% Spell Damage, +15% Attack speed Carved Wand since around level 35 when I was able to switch from straight EK to using Barrage + Cast on Crit

Spoiler

It was slower going at first, however at level 58 with a total of 77% increased damage (120% between gear and tree, 22% Increased and 50% Less from Chain) I can solo through A2 Merc with little issue as long as there are multiple enemies to chain between (and only slight issues when I can't because I need to kite more between casts). Large packs in Fellshrine typically die after 1 Barrage Crit (except for the rare straggler in the middle who takes absolutely no damage somehow)

In groups my damage is still viable, Voll's Protector is getting me up to 49.9% and 64.4% chance to crit for the two weapons (from 37.9 and 48.9 without charges) so I'm casting fairly regularly and groups die quickly to the total damage, even after adding the group HP multiplier.

Having transitioned over in A3 Normal (first without Voll's then with) using Fork rather than Chain and having gone from ~33% crit up to now 64% I'd say you really need at least 45% Crit/45% Cast on Crit for it to be comfortable to use. At 35%/35% you'll kill effectively when it crits, however you'll spend much too much time watching the lifebar drop very slowly due to Barrage DPS and nothing more.
IGN: Tresmere, Mariela, Manyella
Usually online M-F 5-6p EST - Varies on Weekends.
"
LeMing wrote:
Thank you all for interesting in this build. I have to say that even with 18-19 level EK damage and clear speed is much better than with other builds I’ve tried. Even with top gear like shaveronne, soul taker and crown of eyes. This is my favorite character together with dominating blow soul taker/BoR/AA immortal tank.

"
l33tus wrote:

Just one question: why life leech insted of Life gain on hit?

Life gain on hit is very good with barrage + chain but not with this char. Life Leech + Vall Pact give you immunity for reflect. If you make a critical hits with 2-3 EK to physical reflect pact you will die but if you have high % of your hit leech instantly you don’t even see that the pack was reflect.
"
pezgui wrote:
I'm loosing 1% chance to hit every level up, how can i keep a high chance to hit later game?

There are some solutions:
1)The best is to have 1-2 items with additional accuracy: on every ring, amu or weapon you can have even 300-400 and this is sufficient (just try to have min 80% chance to hit).
2)Near Thick Skin is a nice 3 nodes cluster of cauarcy+movement speed. You can take it and respect later if you find better gear.
3)Every dex point give you additional accuracy but it is not the best way.

thanks.. i didnt know i needed vaal pact

i died lvl 83 to a random 69 map due to a map mod reflect 18% ele dmg ><
I use a variant of this build (ice spear) with some of my own flavor added in. I have been able to clear lvl 70 maps with some care. Reflect really has not been an issue (unless it a map mod). The char I am running is CI.

Passive Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAv4FtQX5DPIOSA6tEHsRLxGWFHUV1xXwGNsZ1SFgJP0otSo4KlsrCiy_LR8wfDMMNj074T7PQKBCw0OcRwZMs1AwUUdWY13yXypfamNDbRlwUnC7cNV0QXTxd9d_K3_GhTKGrohrjDaNv5cGnaOio6XLpyu0OLTFtUi2973mvjrAUcEAwcXB88Lsw23EotUA1U_W0deG2xrbXt5334Ti9-OE5RnnVOvk7BjvTvLh8-r1S_lj-_X8q_4r_5P_3g==
Last edited by BananaJams on Jan 7, 2014, 8:57:27 PM
whats up with the frenzy charge?
Thanks for the reply LeMing. I still think, I would give a try to LgoH becouse the 7 passive point is too much for a waste :D

Has anybody tryed with 2 coldsnap? It looks viable for me, hope I can test it this week.
- Profession?
- Demon hunter.
- But demons don't exist.
- You're welcome.
"
l33tus wrote:
Thanks for the reply LeMing. I still think, I would give a try to LgoH becouse the 7 passive point is too much for a waste :D

Has anybody tryed with 2 coldsnap? It looks viable for me, hope I can test it this week.

LGoH gem is perfect for normal life leech. I spent 7 skill points and sacrifice life regeneration and life flask just because I’m lazy :) I don’t like to see what mobs pack I aiming. I’m first shooting than asking :) and Vall Pact is the only option for removing reflect.
If you like more carful playing LGoH with 7 more skill point + life regen + flasks is very good trade!
I’m very interested in coldsnap. I have a plane for replacing EKs with different blue gems (cold snap or fireball or firestorm or freezing pulse) and make a low life version of the build for adding some iir. So please share you opinion about coldsnap or other spells here. Thanks in advance :)
ing: Storm_Gaze
My build is a little different from the ones posted because I have a scion start, but the hardest thing for me is getting enough int for the imbued 1.5 spd wand and the high lvl blue gems like arc. I'm using 1 ek and 1 arc instead of 2 ek right now. I just got lucky with almost 100 +int on my gear without realizing it now I can't take anything off to upgrade because stuff becomes unusable. I found an upgrade chest, but my current one is +37 int so nope, one of my imbued wands is +41 int so that can't come off, etc. If I take them off I can't even put them back on which is really annoying unless I get a bunch of other +int stuff from my stash just to get it on and then I can take that other stuff off once the item's own +int kicks in.

You have 4 +10 int nodes in your build that I don't, but even if I had those it would still leave me well short. I think I might be forced to pick up the +30 int node near thick skin and then just be very careful with my gear. I'm looking for engraved wands now instead of imbued, but even those are to high int wise for me to use when I remove some gear, but with the +30 node they might become easier to deal with. Imbued are more likely to drop when I'm farming high lvl areas so it might be hard to get a good engraved one. Just my experience so far right around lvl 70.

My build for reference
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABEZYV8CT9JpUxnjWSSshN41VLbXtuqnBScNWC5Ijxiq-MNpARnaOmV6xZtUi18r68wFHnVPyr_o9h4m1sUzWbtRmKcLvZEy9v8-oWv4fbGtvuDlb6_MXdDVuvTioppRjbdPFnoId2Sn0OSC2DlwYF-dDu96NieRX2AAaT_K7PI_bv8FpI73rTfsSiXvrQORfYOlgEfocZ-WOpbmxGcmwyCSFgQKDvTii1KjjrjtUAnrm31ttZLaixkIMJ-wn22hqPoi5d8m-eykrDOpykaA6HE6Sx
"
Dokyo wrote:
My build is a little different from the ones posted because I have a scion start, but the hardest thing for me is getting enough int for the imbued 1.5 spd wand and the high lvl blue gems like arc. I'm using 1 ek and 1 arc instead of 2 ek right now. I just got lucky with almost 100 +int on my gear without realizing it now I can't take anything off to upgrade because stuff becomes unusable. I found an upgrade chest, but my current one is +37 int so nope, one of my imbued wands is +41 int so that can't come off, etc. If I take them off I can't even put them back on which is really annoying unless I get a bunch of other +int stuff from my stash just to get it on and then I can take that other stuff off once the item's own +int kicks in.

You have 4 +10 int nodes in your build that I don't, but even if I had those it would still leave me well short. I think I might be forced to pick up the +30 int node near thick skin and then just be very careful with my gear. I'm looking for engraved wands now instead of imbued, but even those are to high int wise for me to use when I remove some gear, but with the +30 node they might become easier to deal with. Imbued are more likely to drop when I'm farming high lvl areas so it might be hard to get a good engraved one. Just my experience so far right around lvl 70.

My build for reference
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABEZYV8CT9JpUxnjWSSshN41VLbXtuqnBScNWC5Ijxiq-MNpARnaOmV6xZtUi18r68wFHnVPyr_o9h4m1sUzWbtRmKcLvZEy9v8-oWv4fbGtvuDlb6_MXdDVuvTioppRjbdPFnoId2Sn0OSC2DlwYF-dDu96NieRX2AAaT_K7PI_bv8FpI73rTfsSiXvrQORfYOlgEfocZ-WOpbmxGcmwyCSFgQKDvTii1KjjrjtUAnrm31ttZLaixkIMJ-wn22hqPoi5d8m-eykrDOpykaA6HE6Sx

A few comments on that build. You've got an extra 6% Fire Damage from Shadow start that you likely don't need.

I would go with something more like:

Alternate Build

Spoiler

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAAYDlgR-BfkOSBGWFfAV9hfYGNsZihqPIWAj9iSdJP0mlSi1KaUqOC2DL28xnjSTNZI6WDsoQKBKfUrITeNOKlBCUzVVS1b6WkhaUluvXfJe-mBDYlpieWNwZ6BtbG17bj1uqm-ecFJwu3DVdPGDCYcZh3aI8Yw2kAqT_JXIlwabXZu1naOeuaIupleomqxZrs-1SLXytkG-p8APwFHDOsSiykrQOdDu0k3TftUA2RPdDd-Y51Trju4O707veu_j7_Dyl_Pq9tr3o_sJ_Kv8xf6P

Differences:
-10 Str
-10 Dex
+60 Int

+16% Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding (Barrage DPS increase)
+14% Dual Wielding Blocking
Ignore Armour movement Penalties
+32% Evasion and Armour

-12% Max Life%

+16% Max Mana
+20% Mana Regeneration
-30% Spell Damage
-3% Cast Speed

-4% Move Speed (Negated by Ignore Movement Penalties)
+6% Attack Speed
+26% Projectile Damage (Net -4% Damage)
-45% Critical Strike Chance (~5% chance to crit, 2.5% EK Crit)

-18% Resist All

You lose out on the +18% Ele Resists (but also get back the wasted Melee Damage node), but Sentinel already gives you 10% more resist than in the Shadow Build.

Other than that you lose 12% Max Life but gain 14% Blocking and 32% Evasion and Armour, which likely works out to equal eHP.

It will have slightly lower DPS due to 45% less Crit Chance (but will still get close to 70% Crit Chance with Rat's Nest + Maligaro + either Diamond Ring or Crit Amulet).

It has 150 Int, so it'll only need another 40 or so to be able to use Imbued Wands.
I don't actually have that fire node, that was just a miss click and I didn't notice it was turned on in the link I pasted. I tried to look at the build changes you suggested, but the link just brought me to something called playlist beta. Maybe you can post it via the poe website instead? Judging by what you said though I'm guessing you pick up more of the nodes around Dervish and Leather and steel?
Looks like the site is redirecting to the wrong place.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAAYDlgR-BfkOSBGWFfAV9hfYGNsZihqPIWAj9iSdJP0mlSi1KaUqOC2DL28xnjSTNZI6WDsoQKBKfUrITeNOKlBCUzVVS1b6WkhaUluvXfJe-mBDYlpieWNwZ6BtbG17bj1uqm-ecFJwu3DVdPGDCYcZh3aI8Yw2kAqVyJcGm12btZ2jnrmiLqSxpleomqxZrs-1SLXytkG-p8APwFHDOsSiykrQOdDu0k3TftUA2RPdDd-Y51Trju4O707veu_j7_Dyl_Pq9tr3o_sJ_Kv8xf6P

Added the nodes near Dervish, dropped Berserking, swapped which of the branches were taken when leaving Scion (In both directions), added 2 points to get Primal Spirit. A few other small tweaks as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info