[1.0.3]Budget Cast on Crit Discharge - The Vortex of Doom!

i really like this build, just what i was looking for
is there maybe a chance to make this playable with fewer points? ^^
at least in the beginning

and questions to your vid: how did you bind the skills? i cant really see it ^^ (i am a noob sry)
where is the discipline aura sign?
Last edited by prospecial on Dec 19, 2013, 6:34:00 PM
Any further info on the viability of acrobatics? That's always been appealing to me, and I'm leaning toward trying that.

Right now, I'm at level 40; I leveled a bit with ST + LGoH + LMP, and it's definitely easy, but I get so bored. I've been having decent success with cast on crit EK and manually casting discharge just to spice things up. I'm at 69% block chance, so I'm pretty durable. Bosses and some uniques are a pain, but I've been whittling them down slowly and using culling strike to finish them off at 10%.

Thanks for the build idea. I'm poor, so it's great.

I'll try to update as I progress through the acrobatics variant.
I'm currently level 61 and using the acrobatics variant of the build and I can say that it rocks. The damage intake is very minimal now that I have capped resists. The rare moments I have where an attack gets through I easily heal it back before I take another hit.
Just started with this build after messing up my two other characters, enjoying it so far!

After equipping the daggers I feel like a killing machine. :D
But getting Voll's on cut the mana in half, tried using Clarity but only made it worse.

So I'm OOM pretty much all the time, which makes it hard to progress. Should I wait to a certain lvl before I equip it or could it be resolved buy using Reduced Mana or something..?

Also wondering if you could post your full setup of gear and skills your using atm. :)

Dif-tor heh smusma.\V/
Last edited by Nanoprobe on Dec 25, 2013, 9:35:21 PM
yeah a posted setup from you would be cool

i am lvl 51 and find myself really low at mana
dont know how mind over matter shall ever be effective with so little mana
I'm lvl 64 now, I'm using Reduced Mana with Clarity which helps a bit. I have to manage my flasks carefully since I still don't have that much mana (244 with Clarity). Makes it a bit painful when you don't manage to crit and your flasks are empty...

It's a bit tough but it works okayish.

I'm wondering at what level (or what mana pool) we take Mind Over Matter and Vaal Pact?
And also still curious about the rest of your gear/setup. Is Spectral Throw still viable at this level? Any other offensive skills that can be used effectively besides Cyclone?

Tried Double Strike and I'm still using it, it's not doing that much damage though.
Dif-tor heh smusma.\V/
Last edited by Nanoprobe on Jan 1, 2014, 8:12:52 AM
you should fckin warn ppl to watch out for reflect with this build...
just 1shot myself at lvl62 to soul conduit- "allies have elemental reflect"

fuuuuuk

was nice until that.
@nanoprobe

i decided to not go for mind over matter, my mana pool is a joke, just like yours
even with eldritch battery i have too few (no es on gear)
instead i take acrobatics

i manage my mana with 1 recharge per crit mana flask and it works okay

vaal pact can be taken if your crit chance is good enough to trigger discharge reliably
i took it too soon and found myself low on life when i take too long to discharge
life flask will do to then

besides cyclone i am using frenzy with faster attacks and life on hit
gets you some life and frenzy charges fast if need, especially vs single target
works okay for me

this build reaaaally needs a lot of points in the passive tree
i will be lvl 80 until i have the stuff i want ^^

lvl 66 now
Last edited by prospecial on Dec 30, 2013, 9:40:00 PM
Since OP doesn't seem to post anymore, what do the "experts" think about that build? Is it viable for beginners like me? Are there better or easier to play Discharge builds out there? That would be my 2nd char, my Summoner is sooo boring, I want to fight by myself :D
"
pokeee wrote:
you should fckin warn ppl to watch out for reflect with this build...
just 1shot myself at lvl62 to soul conduit- "allies have elemental reflect"

fuuuuuk

was nice until that.

Agreed. I don't even bother trying to kill bosses with reflect anymore.
One crit and BAM, I'm dead.
Dif-tor heh smusma.\V/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info