[1.0.3] Bringer of Entropy - 22K AoE DPS, 74% Block and Spell Block, 77% All Res Tank!

"
Kozakuren22 wrote:
Hey you should add a section in gear about INT costs. You dont put any nodes into int but about 100 is required. OFC you get the int needed from gear but people probobly wont notice(like me) at first glance

There's at least one +30 Int node that you can get to immediately. I had to take one to be able to equip the boots.
"
What happens if you use an appearance transfer item on a WOE? Do both hands take a new appearance or only the one?

Why no Berserking, also?

Unfortunately, it will only transfer the skin of a weapon onto one of the Wings of Entropy, so you will be wielding 1x Wing and 1x Whatever you skin transfer.

As for Berserking, I did have it but like I said my DPS was overkill so I got some more survivability. I plan on picking up Berserking again when I have the points.

"
Kozakuren22 wrote:
Hey you should add a section in gear about INT costs. You dont put any nodes into int but about 100 is required. OFC you get the int needed from gear but people probobly wont notice(like me) at first glance

Thank you, I shall look into doing that. I never thought about it because I've not had any trouble with Int requirements so far.

"
Raggedvise wrote:
You have so much +dex do you still think RT is necessary?

Funny you should ask, because earlier today I was wondering if Evasion would synergize with Block (As in if the block roll fails and you are hit, will it then roll evasion before you take damage). I will need to do some testing!
"Did the earth move for you baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard"
- Shadow, upon killing Alira
"
Kelsier0 wrote:
I burned through quite a few regrets this morning and bought a few pieces of gear to try this out. When I got my Wings, I modified the blender build I had been using to work with them, basically removing 1H nodes and adding 2H and Axe nodes, and swapping some things around. It had been working really well, clearing maps through the 75s with not much trouble except occasional bosses (I was finally able to kill residence Dom with easy mods, but had to skip him vast majority of the time). Figured I'd try out the block/spellblock build and see if it would give me more survivability and still maintain close to the same clear times.

The build I'm using now is pretty close to what you have here, there's minor differences mostly with life and resist nodes, not worth getting into really. I've got 74% block and 71% spellblock (Rainbowstrides aren't perfect), 4k life, 22.8k dps. DPS is about the same as what I had before, because I was using Blood Magic before instead of Added Fire Dmg, so pretty much evens out with losing damage nodes for block nodes. I also had to downgrade my gloves/rings quite a bit in order to get ones with mana/life leech.

Need more time to test it out before I can decide whether I like it better or not. A couple things I've noticed:

Definitely can't run Grace along with Hatred, I constantly ran out of mana with 4% leech from gear. But running Purity instead of Grace seems to solve the mana problems, and like you said I don't really seem to miss the extra armor from Grace. I can stand there and let a pack of rhoas charge me and it's no big deal.

Serious mana starvation issues when trying to do a map with 50% reduced regen. I'd assume no-regen mod is even worse. This sucks because it seems like at least half the maps I roll have one of these mods on them, so I really don't want to have to constantly reroll them. How have you handled these? With my previous build, these mods were just free quantity and I didn't even notice them because I didn't use mana, and I had my Carnage Heart giving me tons of life leech. I tried putting the blood magic back in, but then I had life issues, the 2% life leech just can't sustain blood magic. Maybe for these maps I can just put the Carnage Heart back in along with blood magic and just forgo most of the spell block.

Anyway, thanks for posting the build, and I'll try to give more feedback once I have a little more experience with it. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to kill all the remaining bosses I haven't got to yet with this build, although I only map solo so we'll see if its possible.

Half Regen mods are a pain, but still possible - just much much slower. No regen mods are actually no problem at all, I was worried about that mod but when I tried it out it was fine!

Best of luck with killing the bosses, I mostly map solo too so I know how hard it can be to progress. Hope you enjoy using the build and let me know how it goes!
Also my other question was

If you arent using BoR what would you reccomend being your 6L set up?
Just tried Crematorium for the first time, with +monster damage and extra cold damage. Boss wasn't too bad really. I couldn't completely facetank her, had to leap out of the fire a few times. I'm pretty sure I would've died fast with my previous build though.
"
Raggedvise wrote:
Also my other question was

If you arent using BoR what would you reccomend being your 6L set up?

I'd probably just run the same setup as BoR but I'd drop Blind

"
Kelsier0 wrote:
Just tried Crematorium for the first time, with +monster damage and extra cold damage. Boss wasn't too bad really. I couldn't completely facetank her, had to leap out of the fire a few times. I'm pretty sure I would've died fast with my previous build though.

Yea, if she stacks a few Firestorms in one spot it's probably wise to jump out the way just in case, but it's surprising how much you can tank her. I used LGoH instead of Added Fire when I fought her, which negated 1 or 2 stacks of Firestorm damage but anything more than that and I jumped away just incase.
"
Jedmiester wrote:

Yea, if she stacks a few Firestorms in one spot it's probably wise to jump out the way just in case, but it's surprising how much you can tank her. I used LGoH instead of Added Fire when I fought her, which negated 1 or 2 stacks of Firestorm damage but anything more than that and I jumped away just incase.

Cool, I'm gonna level up an LGOH, seems like that will be useful. Thanks.
pretty good build, gonna try it tomorrow, thx dude.
If I have a 5L WoE is there anything interesting I could do with that?
How do you have so much mana left over after auras? My max mana is 576 and i can barely run two auras (hatred and grace), im left with 57 mana :/ My auras are linked with a level 15 reduced mana which brings them down to 45% each

My Gear:

Spoiler
Last edited by Archey on Dec 20, 2013, 11:25:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info