[1.0.3] Bringer of Entropy - 22K AoE DPS, 74% Block and Spell Block, 77% All Res Tank!

Hey guys, this is the first guide I have written (even though I was meant to make one for my CoC Quill Rain build...) so sorry if it isn't well presented!

Lets start with a video - Merciless Dominus

First off I'd like to say this isn't the cheapest of builds, as to be efficient you need both Wings of Entropy and Bringer of Rain. Rainbowstrides are also a nice addition which will also set you back a couple of exalts.

So with the release of the Wings of Entropy unique, I was really intrigued by it and wanted to make a build around it. I was not disappointed, as this is by far the most viable build I have ever made on my own, and I have done 76 maps for the first time using this character.

Pretty much, I use Wings of Entropy combined with the Bringer of Rain and a few other certain uniques to maximize my Block and Spell Block, whilst still dishing out amazing damage thanks to the decent stats of Wings combined with the ability to use Dual Wielding, 2H and Axe passives.

But enough talk, here are some numbers:

Offense

Defense

As you can see my Armour is not too high, as I am not currently using Grace. I use Purity (to make up for the lack of Res with BoR, Stone of Lahzwar and Rainbowstrides since they only have 8% res now), and Hatred for more damage.

Because I have max Block/Spell Block and Life Leech on gear, I really don't need Grace. I still have it on my skill bar in case I want to use it over Hatred on some tougher maps, but instead of that I still tend to swap out Added Fire for LGoH instead of dropping Hatred.

Gear

Gear wise, there are certain uniques needed if you want to maximise Spell Block, but before that I was running with rares so there is room for customization.

Firstly, Wings of Entropy are essential obviously
The Block while Dual Wielding and %Spell Block are why I made this build (other than the fact they look so cool!)

Bringer of Rain is recommended too, due to the extra block chance and other amazing stats. I ran with a 5L, then a 6L before I got my BoR so not ESSENTIAL but highly recommended.

This beauty gives you a huge increase in your Spell Block, but unfortunately the other stats are not too amazing for what we are looking for. Picked this one up for an Alc, so you can easily get your hands on one to test it out.

These are the last piece of the Spell Block puzzle, and are really nice boots overall. The only reason we are using them is for the Spell Block, so again you can get along just fine with a pair of rare boots with Res and Life.

When it comes to Gloves, Belt and Rings, the rest is up to you. We need to get as much Resistances as we can from these 4 items, so that is high priority. We also need some Life/Mana Leech on gear if you don't want to run the gems. I get along fine with 4% Mana Leech and 2% Life Leech. You will also need to get some INT on gear where possible (you can get up to 30 from Stone of Lahzwar) in order to use a couple of the gems.

Finally, grab as much life as you can, since we don't get any from our Boots and Amulet.
These are my current items:

Passives

I have spent around 50 Regrets optimizing and tweaking my build, and this is what I have arrived at:

I did have 28K AoE DPS but only 3K life, and the damage was overkill (I would kill whole white packs after the second hit of Multistrike so the third hit was wasted). So, I decided to spec out of some damage and get a lot more Life nodes. I did start to go into the Marauder tree, but I felt like I could get more efficiency by travelling elsewhere.

Leveling

As for levelling, I pretty much levelled as a Blender, using Dual Strike > Multistrike > Melee Splash. for my weapons while levelling, I used:

Switching to each on when I reached the required level. Mightflay IIRC done the job until I was able to equip my Wings of Entropy.

Once I equipped my WoE, I spec'd out of a few nodes and put them into more fitting nodes, such as Wrecking Ball.

Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: 18% Physical Damage
Merciless: Skill Point

Gems

For my Main Skill, I use:
Dual Strike > MultiStrike > Melee Splash > Added Fire > (Blind > Faster Attacks > Melee Physical Damage from BoR).
Like I said earlier, if it is a really hard map I swap Added Fire Damage for Life Gain on Hit.

For Auras, Purity > Hatred > Grace > Reduced Mana

CWDT > Enfeeble > Enduring Cry > Cast When Stunned (since I don't use Unwaverig Stance)

Finally, for Mobility I use Leap Slam > Faster Attacks > Blood Magic

Videos

This section is fairly empty for now, as my internet sucks at the moment and it takes ages to upload videos to youtube. I will be recording high level/hard maps and will post them here as I go!

Merciless Dominus

So I hope you guys find my guide useful, like I said it is the first I have written so I will be updating it if there is interest in it. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Jed
"Did the earth move for you baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard"
- Shadow, upon killing Alira
Last edited by Jedmiester on Dec 20, 2013, 1:33:03 PM
Updated original post, and added Merciless Dominus video.
Update: Did Poorjoy's Asylum and Facetanked Residence Dominus earlier, still incredibly safe.
I would argue that the axe nodes are too nice to pass up. One other note, since you're not doing Cyclone, you might want to grab Heart of the Oak, but that's personal preference I guess. Other than that looks like a solid WoE build.
Last edited by Pure_Power on Dec 17, 2013, 2:54:04 PM
Yea, like I said I have spent around 50 Regrets on this build so far, I did have those Axe passives but my damage was overkill so I went for more life instead :) I also had Heart of Oak but respecced out for now, I'll pick it back up later.

Thanks for the input!
Last edited by Jedmiester on Dec 17, 2013, 4:45:49 PM
My Wings of Entropy Scion build on Domination

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecFLRIgEuETTBQgFHEb-iFgI_Yl3ymlME8xnjIJNJM1kjboOuE7KECgQapGaUd-Sn1KyE3jTipQR1b6WK9aSFuvXotgS2EhY3BkUmSjZU1lp2egbEZuaW6qcmxyqXTteA1673zZfPWE2YTvhymHaod2iPGKIpBslZueuaQZplenMKluqZSrxaxZtfK2Qb6nwA_ApsDzwaPP-NJN3Q3iYedj7g7v4-_w8kX3Mve--Ov8xf4K_o--vILkkBGKrxpVg3yoB2eA

I'm only subbing the stone of Lahzwar on tough enemies with spell damage. I used to have rainbowstrides as well but I'm an idiot and sold them before making this build lol.

I don't have BoR but I have 2 5-Links and i use cyclone and spectral throw. ST is there because I leveled up with it and it's really useful in situations where I don't wanna risk leaping in the middle of a monster pack.

Last edited by ImperfectBlade on Dec 17, 2013, 6:14:32 PM
Whats the DPS like without the BoR?

what did you do for bandits?
Last edited by Archey on Dec 18, 2013, 4:17:04 PM
How viable is this in nemesis?
"
katjezz wrote:

I would think pretty viable considering its got max block and spell block
"
Archey wrote:
Whats the DPS like without the BoR?

what did you do for bandits?

Oh sorry, forgot about Bandits!

Normal: Oak
Cruel: 18% Physical Damage
Merciless: Skill Point

The dps was fine without BoR, when I was using my 5L it was still decent but if you have a 6L then even better!

"
katjezz wrote:

Like Archey said, with the Max Block and Spell Block you will be fine. If I had the currency I would have rolled this in Nemesis but I wanted to test it out in Dom first.

But yea, I facetanked the Crematorium Map boss without dying so you'll be fine in Nemesis :)
Last edited by Jedmiester on Dec 20, 2013, 7:03:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info