0.10.0 Patch Notes

What is the logic behind the chaos damage changes?

I thought the idea of chaos damage was that it was an absolute value you want to balance around. Lowering player resistance to it and adding passive nodes as well as resist on gear just seems to punish players significantly with no real reasoning to it. It also seems like you can swap gear to trivialize certain areas or encounters now that had a rather static difficulty before. It completely screws with a number of melee builds that didn't need to be screwed with as well.

I like all of the other changes. I just don't grasp the point behind this one, and I am not looking forward to the gameplay implications.
Last edited by Watlok on Jan 22, 2013, 8:55:19 PM
not long now!
"
Watlok wrote:
What is the logic behind the chaos damage changes?

I thought the idea of chaos damage was that it was an absolute value you want to balance around. Lowering player resistance to it and adding passive nodes as well as resist on gear just seems to punish players significantly with no real reasoning to it. It also seems like you can swap gear to trivialize certain areas or encounters now that had a rather static difficulty before.

I like all of the other changes. I just don't grasp the point behind this one, and I am not looking forward to the gameplay implications.

Has it not been like this?
OB ! :D
Nice changes so far, can´t wait to figure out ingame :D

greets

TP
"
Darkenfo wrote:
Has it not been like this?
For chaos damage? No.

For other resists? Yeah.
Surprised that Chaos Resistance was left out of "All Resistance" talents. I don't really see the reasoning for this.
Get hype!
Just bought a kiwi...can't wait!
I see some brain lag in the Rain of arrows change description.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info