0.10.0 Patch Notes

"
Dumbledore wrote:
I really just want to say i'm quite disappointed that we are encouraged to pay for coloured/named stash tabs. It just seems to me like that should be a basic game feature. If it improves playability, which im assuming it does greatly, doesn't that make sense?

Don't get me wrong, i've already payed $50 dollars and have no problem spending more. I most likely WILL purchase the coloured tabs because i've already purchased extra tabs and it would feel like a waste not to.

This is the only problem I see with the patch notes.

Considering all the stuff we get completely for free, I see no harm at all with premium tabs. They're a nice convenience that doesn't make the game pay to win. If you take away sources of income like these from GGG, it'll have to turn into a pay to win game. Please don't complain about such small things, let GGG earn some deserved money. Money which will go back into development and give us more content.
0:15:28:38

and youtube won´t work. Meh, sleeping time :)

"
Money which will go back into development and give us more content.

Hopefully with an new act. That would be GGG.
Last edited by Kel_Thuzad on Jan 23, 2013, 12:34:21 AM
I can deal with premium tabs priced higher, I bought mine as is. HOWEVER, I am not ok buying something and then paying to have it removed, but I have my own solution for that, kudos if it works for you though!

I would even be fine with effects being character bound and paying to swap them to a new character. But paying to remove from an item 25 times or so on a single character would annoy the hell out of me. I will have to hold off on this until its reasonable.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Jan 23, 2013, 12:44:59 AM
Like most, some changes I think are awesome, some I dont agree with at base value. But unlike alot I want to see it in action before I pass judgement.

Same goes with the cash shop guys. Dont pass judgement untill we see exactly how things will work and how they are priced. Then, think about reasonable solutions to any problems you see beyond "I want freee shit!". If you think prices are unreasonable thats fine but be constructive and tell them what you think is reasonable. If you think mechanics of how it works sucks then be constructive in how it should change.

What you dont want to do is talk about BS like the premium stash tabs being free. Name me one other F2P game that offers something like that free. Hell most of them dont even offer something like customised stash by colour/text.

One last note to all of you telling others to STFU about the microtransactions. You are just as dumb as the ones complaining that premium tabs should be free. Offering ideas on how to improve the cash shop not only makes it more friendly for the playerbase but in the long run may make GGG more money. GGG is NOT perfect and someone may come up with a great idea they had not thought of or they may have over estimated peoples willingness to pay for some things. Sure, some of us are going to continue to give them money because we think the game is worth it and would gladly pay a subscription or box fee for it in the first place. Not everyone is though and if there is a better way to get money from thoes people why in the hell would GGG not want to hear it?
Oops, apparently it was edited. Screw me and ignore this :D
Kiwi Name = Sir Remington Kiwi; Duke of that tree over there.
Last edited by VoodootiKi on Jan 23, 2013, 12:49:03 AM
As you may have seen, we reverted our policy on the microtransactions. They can now be freely reclaimed from items and used on other items at no cost.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
As you may have seen, we reverted our policy on the microtransactions. They can now be freely reclaimed from items and used on other items at no cost.

This is good.
"
retsnimle wrote:
My take on the micro transactions...

The problem:
Many of us have THOUSANDS of points saved up due to purchasing supporter packs, we will not need to purchase "new" points for a long time, yet WE are the demographic that are proven spenders that GGG needs.... 2.2 million dollars IIRC.

The solution:
One Time Use for things like weapon effects. For those of us with thousands of points, its nothing to spend a few on the "remove" "purchase anew" system.

The result:
We will burn through our points fairly quickly, and thus, as proven spenders, purchase more.

This is just a theory and frankly it's smart on GGG's part. Think of the millions upon millions of unused points we are sitting on. There has to be some form of "sink" for them or else we would never have the need to purchase more.

I also have no problem with ANY of the ideas or methods Chris and the team come up with to earn money. it's optional anyway. So dont take my tin foil hat theory as a rant against GGG, its not ;-)

pete

You make some valid points but I think this one time system still doesn't make sense. I got 870 points at the moment so could spend alot of points without much problem. Still the more I think about I will probably don't do it and instead wait until they add some permanent things I can buy for my points.

One of the reasons, and I didn't think about this at first, is I plan to play only hardcore and this system doesn't work well with it.

Losing characters I don't have a problem with, started playing HC back in D2 early days and have lost far to many to care about it. But losing cash because I die, that is another story.

With this system it's not enough that I find a good item that will last me awhile to deem it worthy to "cosmetize". I also can't die. Should I die with my character the item goes back into default league and only way for me to get the effect back is to pay money for it. It feels to much like gambling. If I played softcore it would have been a different story.

Really feeling quite dissapointed I must admit the more I think about it. Wanted to go on a shopping spree when the OB hit but if everything is one time use that you put on your toon. It don't work with HC.

edit: Chris posted the same time as I wrote this. Nice to hear that change! thumbs up!
Last edited by Eivon on Jan 23, 2013, 12:51:52 AM
@ Forsaken, I like your Avatar.

@ Chris. Adding Chaos resistance to items and tree, which hasn't even been tested. Right before OB, when there is not going to be a wipe. Seems ill conceived at best.
"
Chris wrote:
You can reclaim effects for free (putting them back in your microtransaction stash) by clicking the "Reclaim" button in your microtransaction stash

>f5 front page after a nap
>re-read microtransactions
>double take, try to figure out if the post changed or if i'm having my first psychotic break
>read comments through the first few pages, hang up on psychiatrist

in all seriousness though i'm glad this changed..something i was really looking forward to was being glowy on a low level char just because i can and that couldn't happen if i had to pay for every upgrade :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info