Open Beta - design changes

CI is pretty much worthless now with chaos rez on items and chaos rez flask+passives.

why not just remove it completely?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
CI is pretty much worthless now with chaos rez on items and chaos rez flask+passives.

why not just remove it completely?
Chaos resistance is the most difficulty resistance to acquire. There are only 4 nodes in the entire passive tree that apply to it, and the +all elemental resistance mods on items won't apply to it either. That, combined with the fact that you will now get a chaos resistance penalty in higher difficulties, still makes CI valuable.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Well.

I hope this will be the only time I will ever say this. Since it will also be the first.

I have never seen such an gigantic fuck up in my entire life. Well, once before actually and it made me quit a different game (not D3). I will not quit this game because of it, however, you should know just how seriously you have indeed fucked up.

Adding chaos resistance to ITEMS is the biggest mistake you have ever, and hopefully will ever make. Since even though you will technically still be in BETA, these items cannot be removed unless you do so directly. There are no more wipes, migrations, nothing.

Here is what CI has become. Lose all your life. For 25% resists. That's ALL that keystone is now.

To any other class, I will ask you a question, "If there was a keystone in your tree that stated, Lose 1500 HP, but gain max resistance to fire, would you take it"? If not, you see why this is a problem.

I had, with AMAZING gear, I believe 8k ES (w/o CI) when I tested it for the sake of giving feedback. This was enough to sustain me (in CB, not OB) With amazing, BiS gear to boot.

Chaos Resistance should have NEVER been added to gear. Maybe some in the tree, but NEVER gear.

So, by making CI essentially a +25% resist node, which doesn't give ES (Which it shouldn't), AND lowering all ES values, I will leave you with this:

Give up everything in pursuit of greatness- Even life itself.

What a joke

This guy is dumb.Seriously.Cant even see the difference CI had.To answer your question,IF my build was revolving around resistances in general,hell i would take it.Not only that,but he fails to say that Ci benefits(and still does) by
Full life on...mods
Blood rage,no cost.
Immune to maps with chaos damage on.
Complete chaos invulnerability as it will be now.I dont get why you dont even want chaos resist,so,you want something like chaos damage being OP?

Or wth u are talking about a +25% resist,ehn it is 100%.It doesnt give you es,butif you buiold around es,u can still get very much amount of ES.

Have i said that ES also give you 50% stun resist?OH k,Sorry for wanted to be an elitist with a keystone as it was in close beta,and now u dont have this chance,real sorry for you.
Bye bye desync!
while i can understand some of the CI hate, i'm pretty sure people will find ways to build around it and honestly i think it was too mainstream anyway.

Also i dont really get the complaints about the league being cluttered with chaos mod items (if they have to remove it). It's quite obvious that at least the normal default/hc league will have a lot of OP items after some time. It's an experimenting league nothing else imo. Such items necessarily have to exist in default/hc due to rebalancing and not wiping.

So if you want competition without 'legacy items' just go and play long/short term races. I'm sure there will be such leagues since you should be able to create you own at some point.
they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety
Last edited by Funcrusher on Jan 23, 2013, 8:01:05 AM
Looks good can't wait! Finally act 3!!!!!
Since .92
"
anubite wrote:
This is exactly how all CI builds were played during alpha. In a tiny, tiny economy, with not enough regrets to go around (CI builds require regrets), not enough resources to reroll ES gear so it gives max ES, and with lots and lots of dying.

None of the valid concerns I raised about CI in alpha were addressed by any of the current changes, which we also did not even get to test much of... so I can't help but say I'm disappointed. Who's to say chaos resistance on gear is even going to be balanced? And it's going to be /in the economy/ forever, if this is all a horrible mistake. So... I can only hope things work out in the end. I know GGG has a brain behind its decisions so the ones in 0.10.0 will assuredly be augmented in 0.10.1.

Yet, coming from one alpha member, CI is worthless now. Only the most niche of niche builds will be able to use it to any success. I have a CI Templar on the realm now who can't even clear Fellshrine archer packs. He literally has to run away from them. And good luck to me, on ever clearing maps or areas with swiftly mobile enemies...

This post basically sums up everything I wanted to say but was a bit worried to. You can't make sweeping, untested, arbitrary changes to core mechanics of the game at the same time that you announce you're never going to have another item/character wipe. It's just begging for trouble.

I have a lot of faith in this company and the people behind it, but this whole thing seems completely illogical to me, not just the change but the way it is being implemented.
/dance was the only thing this game was missing.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
anubite wrote:
This is exactly how all CI builds were played during alpha. In a tiny, tiny economy, with not enough regrets to go around (CI builds require regrets), not enough resources to reroll ES gear so it gives max ES, and with lots and lots of dying.

None of the valid concerns I raised about CI in alpha were addressed by any of the current changes, which we also did not even get to test much of... so I can't help but say I'm disappointed. Who's to say chaos resistance on gear is even going to be balanced? And it's going to be /in the economy/ forever, if this is all a horrible mistake. So... I can only hope things work out in the end. I know GGG has a brain behind its decisions so the ones in 0.10.0 will assuredly be augmented in 0.10.1.

Yet, coming from one alpha member, CI is worthless now. Only the most niche of niche builds will be able to use it to any success. I have a CI Templar on the realm now who can't even clear Fellshrine archer packs. He literally has to run away from them. And good luck to me, on ever clearing maps or areas with swiftly mobile enemies...

This post basically sums up everything I wanted to say but was a bit worried to. You can't make sweeping, untested, arbitrary changes to core mechanics of the game at the same time that you announce you're never going to have another item/character wipe. It's just begging for trouble.

I have a lot of faith in this company and the people behind it, but this whole thing seems completely illogical to me, not just the change but the way it is being implemented.

@MmmmmmmOOooooonnnnstaaa MMMuuunccchhhhhhhhh. Advice, everything will be fine. Just enjoy the game.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
woot
Its lame but reading POE patch notes compared to D3's is like reading the encyclopedia versus the worst oneliner in history ^_^
OB is around the corner and I see the haters have already found the playground...

GGG = Great Godly Gamerscompany, so don;t get distracted by voiced opinions of people who don't know what the're talking about ;)
Its going to be called Open BETA from here on out...still BETA...work in progress!

Keep doing what you're doing GGG you have a great passionate fanbase behind you already, you have to try real hard to let us down, I for one think that's close to impossible ^_^

GL on Launch and shrug off any negativities while breaking your backs to make this happen!
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Jan 23, 2013, 8:36:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info