[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

Seems it might take a little longer before I tackle Atziri. It's nearly impossible to find a sacrifice of the midnight. Spend all day looking for one.

Ah Invasion? Right now, I'm convinced no build can survive in Invasion. And neither will this one. Hardcore? Sure. The witch tree should be fine - just be careful mid game, the build is weaker during mid game, but gets strong late :)

CurrentGear

Yes, I like to mess around with the Vaal orb. Too bad, it destroyed a very good belt I had, leaving me with not enough resistances :(
(picked up diamond flesh until I get another good res belt)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
why this build can't live in Invasion? u can up him for Invasion? :) please
This build got issues in invasion due to the many extremely high damage invasion mini bosses with blinks or traps.

Its reliance on standing still to charge incinerate means that its extremely vulnerable to the overturned invaders.

For example the inescapeable spider or the juggler can be very difficult to deal with, the spider due to flickerstrike and viperstrike, you can't effectively keep it at a distance and the sheer amount of chaos damage will likely make it infeasible to life leech your way out of it.

The Juggler is troublesome aswell, stacks up traps which goes off, sometimes so many at once that you'll find your life pool just disappearing.

Then there is the snake with puncture, multiple projectiles, massive physical damage and a dome which protects it against projectile attacks, which means you need to get in close, which then means the multiple projectiles from the snake shotguns you, the sheer amount of damage could potentially one shot you.

In all three cases you need to be extremely well geared to deal with the situation.

Of cause in two of these examples, you'll be able to just reroll the area, but depending on the circumstances, the inescapeable spider will be very troublesome to get away from, a very fast teleport or alt F4 might save you, it didn't for me.

Rip at 57 with this build, still, its fun to play, its cheap to play, it feels powerful, but it was designed before invasion and might not be wellsuited for that league, that is my experience so far, I visited this thread hoping someone had figured out a way to make it adapt, sadly without luck!
Last edited by Saharez on Mar 10, 2014, 2:23:18 AM
Fun build, but a tip to those who are leveling with Incinerate and LMP or GMP. You should consider taking the Agility node (+30 AGI) earlier than PewPew suggests so you don't get stuck unable to level LMP/GMP.
Last edited by corporateslave on Mar 10, 2014, 2:53:13 AM
I was wondering, instead of flammability, wouldn't Projectile Weakness work pretty good also ? It's a flat 25% more damage on mobs no ?
nice build, i am playing it this season
lvl 63 so far and dmg is ok

really fun, but with shitty resistances i feel like a glascannon :D
they are the most important thing on this build i think ^^

the skilltree lacks some dex, but with some from equip and/or 30dex node its alright
Last edited by prospecial on Mar 10, 2014, 6:04:00 AM
"
Aghamyr wrote:
I was wondering, instead of flammability, wouldn't Projectile Weakness work pretty good also ? It's a flat 25% more damage on mobs no ?

It would probably push the mobs back to max range, which is not really desirable.
I'm actually trying it now that i have the good sockets and it does not push mob that far, for most of them it just prevent them to come hitting on melee which is always good, didn't tested that on uniques boss yet though.
The skill Incinerate:

Is there a way to tell the damage of this skill?

My incinerate is currently level 13 = 29-44 Fire Damage. It show the damage at 464.6 currently.

I realize the overall damage is considerably higher but I "assume" (nice word) this 464.6 is the first stage and the 2nd stage is even higher and the 3rd is higher still.

But can someone provide some kind of formula that would provide a better idea what the actual damage is when all stages are reached?

I'm not a math major by any means so please keep it simple.

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Mar 10, 2014, 4:07:56 PM
"Ah Invasion? Right now, I'm convinced no build can survive in Invasion. And neither will this one."

O.O

I thought everyone was leveling this on Invasion. OMG, I'm all alone here! I'm gonna die!

Actually, I'm doing fine, so far, just hit lvl37 (busy RL = part-time play) getting ready to take out the General in normal. The main bosses are no problem, but some of the invaders have given me a scare!

I've successfully taken like 10 of them, only bypassing that Leap Slamming, Fireballing, Bear Trapping, Imperial Guard dude. Ya just stand your ground and burn him. Spamming life, mana, and the granite flask I found doesn't hurt!

All I have is a 3L shield with Incinerate, LMP, and Added Lightning linked. Can't seem to find anyone willing to sell me an LL or ML. Using discipline and LW also. The big thing I did was get like 62% inc Mana regen on my gears. I currently have 110%LR, 77%CR, and 41%FR; swapping resists around as I feel necessary (currently high LR in act3).

I know I've been lucky, and that Cruel is going to be MUCH more dangerous, so I've been farming a bit for gears, gems, and currencies. I realize that I need to get ready for the tough challenges, and apparently my inevitable death (!?) but am having fun with the build. I did level this build to 80 in softcore, to prepare for this league, so I feel I understand the build quite well, just need to acquire the gems/gears.

Thanks for the guide Appels, I love this build. Anyone in Invasion that has any extra gems/gears, or needs something just whisper me. Laters.

IGN: IAM_Goatman (inv)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info