[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

ok so i looked at this skill tree and read the entire guide and i have to ask if your a caster build (ie incinerate) and your running artic armor as well why didnt you get any mana nodes or mana regen nodes along the way also why didnt you get the fir nodes from the shadow tree ? please let me know cause this is the first time i am using a guide ever cause 99% of my builds flopped at atziri
please reply forth with
Yeah... the Alpha's Howl really dropped in price nowadays. From 2 ex to 10 chaos. Still I am reluctant to include it in the build: The more uniques we add, the better the rest of our gear needs to be: simply because those gears are meant to max out the resistance, and bring up the HP as high as possible. We already include 3 uniques in the build, Having a 4th one, means our rares won't be the average 1 chaos each rares. Plus, it will only benefit CLarity, since the Heralds do not count as an "aura"(Mana reserved is nice though). I will test it myself though, and see how it works out for us.

@manatee: We get a total of 100% mana regeneration. That combined with the 116% extra mana, Eldritch Battery, and the amount of ES we get from our gear(mostly from the Infernal Mantle)should be enough to run a decently leveled Arctic Armour.
We don't get the shadow fire nodes simply because we already have a huge damage output. I am even thinking about removing Heart of Flame, just to put them in other stuff. And Blaze only adds damage with the chance to ignite, which is quite useless for us.

Careful with Atziri though. Even though I keep hearing about more and more people using this guide beating her, She is still rather though - if you are not geared for her, you will have a hard time beating her. Fast reflexes are also necessary for the Atziri fight itself, since you want to stay away from those flame blasts. I feel this build is up for the task, especially with Apep's, and maybe even double for the first and second fights.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
If I were to run an Alpha's Howl, I'd probably add Discipline. Given EB, disc buffs our mana pool which a) buffs regen and b) makes Clarity (being a fixed reservation) reserve a lower effective percentage of our mana - more mana would still be reserved in total though, taking us closer to the dangerous low mana condition. It also lacks any life and has only one resist suffix on it. On balance, I'm not sure Alpha's Howl offers this build enough to be worth equipping.
Last edited by Norky on Jan 26, 2015, 9:16:53 AM
I have been running with Alpha's Howl for a little over a week now, on a variety of maps, and even just the two bonus levels to clarity and the reduced mana reserved gives a giant bonus. The other stats aren't great but not having to worry about getting frozen anymore is a really nice benefit. I am also using a pair of Rainbostride
which I am not sure whether to trade out for better stat boots or to keep for the extra spell block chance and high elemental resists. Right now the only benefit I see from using HoI is the added cold damage, which is a lot, but we don't ever freeze, so we are losing half the benefit from it. Is there any decent way to get the shatter explosion damage from HoI on this build or are we stuck using HoI just for the base damage?
Last edited by gutsquasher on Jan 28, 2015, 5:57:04 PM
Hi! Long time no see~!!
Change to fit me with your build.
I hope the evaluation.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1189754
So far, best beginner guide and build imo! Super detailed and easy to follow. KUDOS!!!

I played arc witch to 78 but because of my comp I get lag spikes all the time and loose xp more than I can afford. This build so far has been a breeze to play. Can`t wait to hit 80+ to play with friends ;)
Currently running this build and thoroughly enjoying it. Far tankier than my TS Crit Ranger which means it's far better for my laggy desynching computer and net. Just wondering what your modified skill tree looks like since you took Vaal Pact? I imagine with it you wouldn't need eldritch battery or mind over matter. Have you toyed with taking any of the increased block % nodes? With Saffell's 76% of block chance applies to spells so with a block percentage of around 25% you only get 20% spell block. You can easily pick up the 3% spell block in the witches area. There's 2 nodes near finesse that would give you 5% block change so about another 3% spell block giving you 26% spell block roughly as well as boosting your physical block to 30%.... there'd be plenty of points left over from not running all the way down to MoM so you could take those in addition to perhaps reaching some of the templar spell/elemental damage nodes or you could even stretch across to reach sovreignty allowing you to run an additional aura or two. Perhaps you could run through the increased health nodes/chaos resist (as it's much harder to pick up chaos resist on equipment than elemental)... Maybe cast an additional curse? Whisper of doom... So many more options. Great if you could pick up Light of Divinity though, I like the extra light in the dungeons.
A quick question:

Is it worth investing in a pair of Windscream boots for that double curse( I want to run either Enfeeble/Temporal Chains or Enfeeble/Flammability) or should I just get the notable passive?
Since Herald of Ice and Apep's Rage add non-fire damage, why do we still need the conversion from Infernal Mantle?

Also, why Herald of ice is better than herald of Thunder?
Don't know yet if it's a good call or not, but I just added a Pyre ring to my gear.
Seems to work out fine, since we never really did freeze and shatter to often to proc the Herald of Ice "special" and since Pyre converts all cold to fire, we end up getting a decent amount more chaos damage too :)
IGN: ShadowMorph_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info