[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
"
alkoxide wrote:
"

Can anyone give a general order for leveling the witch (which keystones to head for first)?

im not sure how good of a progression this is, but I built the minimum backbone of the tree first, just enough of it so i can take eldritch battery and MoM whenever i wanted to. then i took the various nodes around the backbone (like unwavering stance, i added in some dex nodes too) after that, and lastly ill take MoM when i get somewhat into A3M and upgraded my mana pool/mana regen to 2000/200. after that I'll flesh out the portion of the tree that extends into the dex area past elritch battery.

Of

i put two points into agility early on, which i refunded and point only a single point into quickness once i got past it. i also changed the tree so it went right by alacrity.

Yeah I'm actually doing the same thing, I was going for fire damage nodes like one poster said but I found a Searing Touch staff, so now I'm just taking Intelligence nodes towards Eldritch Battery and Mind Over Matter. I went south for Shaper before going the other way -- probably go straight to Sniper before anything else once I have both lines unlocked just for the long range. But I'm not sure which keystones are the most important. Probably end up in Merciless with no life or survivability, lol.

thats me right there. 2200 life. like, 700 armor. and none of res are capped.
I got what I need to know. I'll start updating the build over the coming days(days... well most likely be updated tomorrow).

All I can say though is that Incinerate is back. Stronger than ever. Herald of Ice and Apep's are both insanely strong additions to the guide. Saffell's are also insanely cheap nowadays, dropped from the 1.5ex to 1/2 chaos a piece(!). It's still very powerful though, even after the nerf.

There might be a few changes in gems, mostly with the CwDTs. Nothing big though.

Anyways, stay tuned!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
This is a test this is only a test
I'm running haste,clarity,HoIce,4linked to reduced mana. seems ok so far.
"
I got what I need to know. I'll start updating the build over the coming days(days... well most likely be updated tomorrow).

All I can say though is that Incinerate is back. Stronger than ever. Herald of Ice and Apep's are both insanely strong additions to the guide. Saffell's are also insanely cheap nowadays, dropped from the 1.5ex to 1/2 chaos a piece(!). It's still very powerful though, even after the nerf.

There might be a few changes in gems, mostly with the CwDTs. Nothing big though.

Anyways, stay tuned!

welp. time to stock up on regrets :X. i followed the tentative tree. are the a lot of major changes to it?
Last edited by alkoxide on Aug 31, 2014, 3:11:17 PM
Not too many, tree is up to date on the first page now :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Followed the guide and now up to lvl64,
I want to ask how come in the Gems section it shows several gems listed under one socket?

^ e.g. it shows fire penetration + chaos dmg + cold dmg all in one socket.
likewise, mana leech and spell echo in one socket. (and occurs twice?)

Also I couldn't get Frost Wall to proc from the Cast When Damaged gem, even though it was clearly within the supported level. It has not procc'd even once for me. Anyone know why is this?

Lastly following the thread, I know I need to grab Infernal Mantle, Apep's and Saffell's. Any other items I should be farming towards?

Many thanks
"
Chobo9 wrote:
Followed the guide and now up to lvl64,
I want to ask how come in the Gems section it shows several gems listed under one socket?

^ e.g. it shows fire penetration + chaos dmg + cold dmg all in one socket.
likewise, mana leech and spell echo in one socket. (and occurs twice?)

Also I couldn't get Frost Wall to proc from the Cast When Damaged gem, even though it was clearly within the supported level. It has not procc'd even once for me. Anyone know why is this?

Lastly following the thread, I know I need to grab Infernal Mantle, Apep's and Saffell's. Any other items I should be farming towards?

Many thanks

The extra gems simply represent alternative suggestions. It's up to you to decide which gems you wish to equip. For example, I started out with Incinerate, GMP, Life Leech and Mana Leech. Once I bought my 5L Infernal Mantle, I added a Spell Echo gem (since it had just been released).

Some people may wish to forgo the Mana Leech gem entirely, and replace it with something more practical, like Added Chaos for example. The great thing about this build is that it's very flexible, but very effective nonetheless.

As for Frost Wall, are you sure you've matched the level requirements (i.e. if CwDT requires level 31, then Frost Wall should have an equal or lower requirement)?
Last edited by Varthorne on Aug 31, 2014, 9:01:13 PM
Apep's is not required, but it does boost our dps by a nice amount. The cheap uniques you should get as soon as you can are just the Infernal Mantle and Saffell's.
Pew got a Chitus (He was leveling too fast!) and I copied him - its not required

Yea, for frost wall double check the gem levels - its working perfectly for me.

Level 5 CwDT (Supports gems that require your level to be 39 or lower)
Level 7 Frost Wall (Requires level 37)
Level 7 Enduring Cry (Requires level 37)

Also Pew - on the witch final tree you missed the 'Arsonist' flame damage passives (2% more damage and 1% life regen over the 'Ash, Frost and Storm' nodes) otherwise looks really good! A lot of life you have picked up as well.
At 3760 life atm, I survice alot of things other people cant - like the flame blast exile - 1 shots most people, I survive and can kill it solo in a full party while the others run for their lives xD
Unfortunately a double piety killed be twice before I got them both. Not making that mistake again.

With most of my gems on level 19, this will be the first char I have ever gotten gems to level 20 on (Not to mention first char above 80). So again thanks for the build Pew, its awesome!

My current gear (Spent quite a bit on it, unique drops where in my favour)
3761hp
4720 tooltip dps
3485mana (423 regen)
Spoiler

Last edited by sjs1985 on Sep 1, 2014, 3:41:39 AM
hey appels, how much armor are we shooting for at end game? im trying to stay at least or above
1500-1600 ar,
3.3k hp,
2400 mana,
240 mana/s,
900 mana free
and 2.5kdps for lvl 80.

i just dont know the right balance of stats is at lvl 80. do I sacrifice armor for more es or the opposite way around? idk. 79% ele res ofc. with w/e chaos res apep gives you.
Last edited by alkoxide on Sep 1, 2014, 3:28:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info