[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
avarcis wrote:
Both options seem like clear upgrades, even if on slightly expensive side, yet noone mentioned them at all.
Why?

Well Apep's Rage was only added with this latest patch so it has only been available for one week. As for Le Heup of All , it is simply a %age increase to all damage, which is good, but good for any build, nothing that synergises particularly with this build. There are plenty of generically good items out there.
Apep's does look very good for this build though, see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1015261 and http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2e5y47/apeps_rage_opal_wand/. I will try to get my hands on one on Standard (no way can afford one on Rampage) and report back.
"
Norky wrote:
Apep's does look very good for this build though, see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1015261 and http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2e5y47/apeps_rage_opal_wand/. I will try to get my hands on one on Standard (no way can afford one on Rampage) and report back.

Good thing I found(yes found) enough currency to buy it!

I'm... not too impressed by it yet. It is an increase in damage, but only 300(x20).

My gear atm

CGear

Damage: 1.777,2

And my old wand

Damage: 1.468,2

I have yet to test it ingame though. I just bought it, just wanted to give you this update.

Well... maybe I shouldn't say "only". It is almost 30% extra damage I got from this weapon. And in chaos! So no need to worry about fire res/EE!

This is Pew, going ingame!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
I have shuffled around some passives, dropping most of the aura nodes as suggested, picking up alot more damage and some mana regen. Also the +chaos damage nodes for use with Apep's Rage and maybe an eventual added chaos gem. Life has also probably gone up, but those will be my last picks.

Now to farm those regret orbs :)

Passives
Last edited by sjs1985 on Aug 27, 2014, 11:40:59 AM
Finished testing with the apeps and the 4 points chaos dmg i mentioned. Imo not worth it, probably better with duo apeps (havent tried that out, not enough currency) but just pure spell dmg is the thing you want to go for if you are lacking dmg. But i never had the feeling i need more dmg so i went for life. Got 4k at the moment which feels much more comfortable facing lvl 74+ maps instead of dealing a bit more dmg :)
I wouldn't trade out my shield for another Apeps. With a 4L, I deal around 40K(2K tooltip with gmp)dps. Which is almost twice the damage I had on my old incinerator, which was capable of doing 78 maps with rather ease. Still 76, gems are all around 16/17, so by the time I get everything to 20, it's going to be more than enough damage for everything that crosses my path.
So keep the shield. Apep is enough dps for us.

After running several vulnerability maps, few higher maps(did a few 75s)without all the CwDTs, I can say for sure that unweavering stance isn't necessary, as long as you get the 55% + 30% evade stun nodes. I didn't die a single time due to stuns, not even in the biggest packs. The only difference I notice is that the scion sometimes releases a cry, noting me she's been stunned. I don't even see an interruption in the flames.

I'm really happy how this build works in 1.2. This patch has been a huge buff for incinerate.

I will most likely recommend Apep's, but won't include it in the core. This build is perfectly viable without Apep's, but will struggle without the Infernal Mantle.

Though, with Saffell's back to 4/5 chaos in price, I might include it in the build. The drop rates are most likely be higher now, since there are plenty to buy on poe.xyz atm. I really miss having those high resists. Couldn't do Dominus in his Residence map for example(he did have 5 player health though), and map merveil now shreds through my defences like it's paper(okay, End Cry and IC will most likely help a lot, since those projectiles are most likely 50% phys 50% cold(barrage?)).

I'm coming close to the ending of my testing though, good chance this build will be fully updated for the release in just a few days! :D
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
After applying some minor tweaks, and using the remaining skill points, I came out with this.

Does Revelry apply to each of incinerate's projectiles, or am I hoping for too much?
It will apply for each projectile, but you can easily get +6 mana on hit on rings and ammys
Last edited by sjs1985 on Aug 28, 2014, 3:57:28 AM
Those only work on attacks, sadly. Not on spells. The on kill part will still bring back mana, but the mana on hit won't work.
I am a nice guy.
One more question: do i really need GMP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info