Finding Names for your Characters - List of Resources

Bump, because I just freed "Sister_Cassia" \o/
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
:D

Also:

"
Alysma wrote:
This update is a bit small and on the general side since there already are a number of Viking/Anglosaxon/medieval links.

Well, actually, I found some handy generators with Viking/Anglo-Saxon names, so:

History:
A Viking Name Generator (Expedition League)
Another Viking Name Generator (also has a bunch of other generators for you to check out) (Expedition League)
A Viking Name Generator with explanations on how the names of the generator work. (Expedition League)
An Anglo-Saxon Name Generator (Expedition League)
Another Anglo-Saxon Name Generator (Expedition League)

:)
Whoever did this... thanks, Exile
"
Whoever did this... thanks, Exile

You're most welcome - glad to hear you found it useful :)
Because of player power guttings, many league starters have noticed their progress through Wraeclast has become much slower. So, to honour the new theme of this league, I've done some research and come up with a handful of resources to help you name your characters. Expedition Edition: Things that go S l o w.

Aristotle Molasses - Famous shipping baron but with a twist. Moves slower in January.

Gary - everyone's favourite snail character from Spongebob Squarepants. He zooms at a blistering 30 cm/hour, leaving a silver trail behind him.

Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Perhaps this name suits your freshly rolled Tec Jugg. This ocean-floor seam between two major tectonic plates pushes each plate on either side at about 9.5 cm / YEAR. On a Zerker, with max rage and blitz meters, you could upgrade to Nazca Plate, which shrieks along at 56 cm/year.

FarOut - this ice-clad dwarf planet is the current front-runner (front-crawler?) for the most distant object regularly orbiting our Sun. At 1015 years for a single tour around the Sun, it isn't breaking any speed records anytime soon.

And finally, Xenon-124 - this radioisotope of Xenon gas has the slowest decay half-life predicted of any isotope of any element that can be observed directly using current technology. You can thank the lab rats at the Gran Sasso Dark Matter Chamber a mile or so underneath Italy for observing the decay of a single XE-124 atom, an element with a half-life "over a trillion times longer than the age of the universe," making this event the single rarest event ever witnessable by our species. This would be the perfect name for a character that relies on Kaom's Roots for various reasons. Or if you try to use a quick flask. Or need cooldown reduction for Flame Dash. :shrug:
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
Spoiler
Because of player power guttings, many league starters have noticed their progress through Wraeclast has become much slower. So, to honour the new theme of this league, I've done some research and come up with a handful of resources to help you name your characters. Expedition Edition: Things that go S l o w.

Aristotle Molasses - Famous shipping baron but with a twist. Moves slower in January.

Gary - everyone's favourite snail character from Spongebob Squarepants. He zooms at a blistering 30 cm/hour, leaving a silver trail behind him.

Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Perhaps this name suits your freshly rolled Tec Jugg. This ocean-floor seam between two major tectonic plates pushes each plate on either side at about 9.5 cm / YEAR. On a Zerker, with max rage and blitz meters, you could upgrade to Nazca Plate, which shrieks along at 56 cm/year.

FarOut - this ice-clad dwarf planet is the current front-runner (front-crawler?) for the most distant object regularly orbiting our Sun. At 1015 years for a single tour around the Sun, it isn't breaking any speed records anytime soon.

And finally, Xenon-124 - this radioisotope of Xenon gas has the slowest decay half-life predicted of any isotope of any element that can be observed directly using current technology. You can thank the lab rats at the Gran Sasso Dark Matter Chamber a mile or so underneath Italy for observing the decay of a single XE-124 atom, an element with a half-life "over a trillion times longer than the age of the universe," making this event the single rarest event ever witnessable by our species. This would be the perfect name for a character that relies on Kaom's Roots for various reasons. Or if you try to use a quick flask. Or need cooldown reduction for Flame Dash. :shrug:

Well, cold and slow - there you go:

Science/Biology:
A List of Arctic Snails (Expedition League) (thanks a lot for giving me the idea, crunkatog)

:D
Oh jeez why didn't I think of this? Especially living in the Land of Always Winter and hearing about this arctic marine preserve or that deep-offshore fishery blah de blah.

Ah but what's slower than a frozen snail? A sedentary organism that grows on the outside of a frozen snail, that's what!

Enter Cliona, a tiny sponge that plasters itself onto shells in oyster beds in the cold deep. If that oyster doesn't move, neither does Cliona.

Also known as

Spoiler
Boring Sponge

which for some of us, is an apt description of the league start.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Lol :D

There are actually quite a lot of sessile/benthic arctic animals, the issue here is finding an accessible list for people unfamiliar with taxonomy and the for non-biologists sometimes stupidly difficult to navigate relevant websites... I'll dig around a bit and see what washes up on my beach. :)
Sounds like a good time for Barnacle Bill the Sailor. =^[.]~=

https://youtu.be/_y7iy1qiR-E
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Lol, that's pretty awesome! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info