Diamond Pack - Should I? (Spoilers! I did)

"
Profitropolis wrote:
"
EvilParfait wrote:

Since when is asking for others opinions letting them make my decision for me? When you talk to one person you may get the wrong answer, but if you ask a hundred you may end up with the right one. Combined experiences and opinions pave the way of thoughtful discussion and hopefully a real answer.

In some cases, in fact most, asking for other people's opinion can prove useful. However when it comes to money, it's my experience that it's something every individual has to decide for themselves.

You don't ask for random people's opinions when you wish to buy a new car, new shoes, or a new TV, do you?

You'll find a multitude of different opinions on your subject, and ultimately the only "real answer" as you put it, is your own answer.

I'm sensing a disconnect here. You assume that I would let their opinions push me in a direction I wouldn't want to go. They are not making the decision. I am, and I'm very selfishly using others to gain information to help me make my decision.

Cuz, y'know, I'm mean like that. Rawr.
"
EvilParfait wrote:
I honestly wouldn't be considering what you aptly call an 'extreme amount of cash' on a game that I didn't think I'd be playing or enjoying. But at the same time the thought of a tiny piece of yourself being immortalized in what happens to be your greatest love (games) that people will know, see and love perhaps years into the future....

People have spent millions trying to get a piece of themselves immortalized. Just think about it for a moment. How many millionaires have monuments in their offices or entire buildings. Or even sending their ashes into space. Hell, people have made manmade islands...

Why do they spend so much money on these things?

I would say go for Diamond, since you're financially able - it's a great game and worthy of support.

As for the immortalizing aspect, for $150 more you could get your name in the credits at least (Gold-tier perk) and possibly be able to spend <$750 to create your own unique as a microtransaction later on (that's just a guess, it could be $1000+ for all we know).
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
Ok my ENG is pretty bad but...

Years ago in the harsh, icy expanses of the north country a lonely kiwi was born.
Born with diamond power inside.
_

Born only for one purpose.
To bring light in the world of EvilParfait.
_

EvilParfait was once a famous warrior of the North.
Expelled from his homeland, he went in search of his destiny.
_

Fire and flames he crossed, boldly and without fear he crossed the country.
Years later, drawn by the torment that he suffered, he finally landed on an island.
_

His heart grew darker and darker.
But then, just before the darkness enveloped him he was completely blinded. blinded by something as bright as he had never seen before.
_

And then he saw it .. A diamond-bright kiwi ran up to him saved his life and swore loyalty to him forever.

-

Since that moment, the two fought side by side, shed blood together her shattered countless lives and seek common the only true determination.

____

should work on my eng skills. :| ^^

Last edited by Tr3Angel on Jan 22, 2013, 1:03:38 PM
Value.

Value is the question you need to ask yourself. Do you feel it's worth $1000. I mean I would like diamond and I love the game it's out of my reach lol. But even then I look at it this way do I feel the diamond package is worth $1000. To me no. But to you and the next 100 people it might be. I mean I could if i really really wanted and felt it was right to go diamond with a payment plan and pay it off with my tax return. But I just to me "myself" I feel it's does not have enough value.

To me I just signed up with support to make payments on Gold. Cause I felt it was the best value and something I can manage to pay for with my finances.

Anyway was a debate on another forum a while back about a game and things in the shop. Someone brought that question up. Value how much bang for your buck and what value is to you, because someone was asking if they should dump some cash on to this game we were talking about (another F2P).

He explained it much better then i have here lol. But it really made me think about things.
Phenom 2 955 Quad Oc'ed 4.2 Ghz - Biostar A780L3G 760G
2 x 2gb Adata Gamer DDR3 1333 - GTX480 EVGA Undervolted & Oc'ed
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 620W - OCZ Vertex 2 55gb/OCZ Agility2 120gb/500gb WD Green
Last edited by rumbl3 on Jan 22, 2013, 1:05:03 PM
Have you often thought back to something in the past and regret not taken a different path? or do you say to yourself that I made the best decision at the time and moved on? If it is the former than by all means get the diamond pack.
"
Tr3Angel wrote:
Ok my ENG is pretty bad but...

Years ago in the harsh, icy expanses of the north country a lonely kiwi was born.
Born with diamond power inside.
_

Born only for one purpose.
To bring light in the world of EvilParfait.
_

EvilParfait was once a famous warrior of the North.
Expelled from his homeland, he went in search of his destiny.
_

Fire and flames he crossed, boldly and without fear he crossed the country.
Years later, drawn by the torment that he suffered, he finally landed on an island.
_

His heart grew darker and darker.
But then, just before the darkness enveloped him he was completely blinded. blinded by something as bright as he had never seen before.
_

And then he saw it .. A diamond-bright kiwi ran up to him saved his life and swore loyalty to him forever.

-

Since that moment, the two fought side by side, shed blood together her shattered countless lives and seek common the only true determination.

____

should work on my eng skills. :| ^^

Love it! I really really do!

I'm female though xD
I would say the most imporatnt thing to remeber is that your not paying $1000 just for all the stuff you list - you also get $1000 towards the micro transactions - more slots, characters, who knows what other quailty of life stuff, and the already announced stuff like spell effects and armor graphics.

I'm just saying, the $1000 gets you the actualy "value" of $1000 in the store too.
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
"
EvilParfait wrote:

Love it! I really really do!

I'm female though xD

damn! :( ^^
"
EvilParfait wrote:

I honestly wouldn't be considering what you aptly call an 'extreme amount of cash' on a game that I didn't think I'd be playing or enjoying. But at the same time the thought of a tiny piece of yourself being immortalized in what happens to be your greatest love (games) that people will know, see and love perhaps years into the future....

Edit: Just the thought of someone seeing a unique on the ground and their heart starting to beat frantically, their eyes widening as adrenaline fills them and they get it into their inventory and then...
"Dude, I just got Lilith's Ampoule!"
"Nowai! >.< Lucky bastard!"

How can someone not be interested in that?

People have spent millions trying to get a piece of themselves immortalized. Just think about it for a moment. How many millionaires have monuments in their offices or entire buildings. Or even sending their ashes into space. Hell, people have made manmade islands...

Why do they spend so much money on these things?

It seems as though your mind is already made up then.

Humans have had a sense of immortalizing themselves for the longest time now, it's in our nature to want to be remembered in some way, shape, or form. So I understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, I do not share the same wants, especially in a video game. My interests ring more true to seeing continuing change and improvement, which is what supporting this game is about for me.
I didn't do it all at once. I went from supporter, to bronze, to gold then a few months went by as I worked extra hours to save up for diamond. I have no regrets, and never will. After all, I was going to spend that money on entertainment someway, somehow. Why did I upgrade? Because believing in something makes you want to be a part of it. And the fact you get to be a part of this game forever sealed the deal for me. I did it to show support for the developers, the rest is icing on the cake. You have to ask yourself the question though: Why do you want to upgrade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info