Diamond Pack - Should I? (Spoilers! I did)

The fact you can actually influence your item and the avatar, I guess it gave me a giddy feeling! It is very cool. They probably prefer this to marketing department going 'can you take out the blood and gore, and add in ponys?' I just went on a rambling spree, attaching pictures and my ideas and likes. I think we'll see some seriously interesting diamond Uniques when they eventually add them all.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
This is an easy question to answer:

Are you married?

If no: Hell yes, do it!
If yes: Heck no. She'll kill you.

This is how I decided not to upgrade to Diamond (even though I would love to!).
"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
"
Snowhammer wrote:

Are you married?

I'm a girl, unmarried. Will my hypothetical imaginary wife still kill me if I do it? (Shroedinger's wife?!)
I'll make you a deal, if you feel that the Diamond upgrade just isn't for you then you can pay to upgrade the both of us from Silver to Gold. GGG will get an extra $300 of support, we'll both be happy and you save 66% of the diamond upgrade! ;)

LOL on a serious note.. I would TOTALLY go for Diamond if I were in the shoes of someone whose shoes had a spare $900 in them ;)
Help save the Kiwis!!

http://www.kiwisforkiwi.org/donate/
"
EvilParfait wrote:
"
Snowhammer wrote:

Are you married?

I'm a girl, unmarried. Will my hypothetical imaginary wife still kill me if I do it? (Shroedinger's wife?!)

:------O You rock.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
DO IT ! i'll remember it was you ;D and give you some orbs or something.
ign: zigkut_
I didn't jump to Diamond. I went from being invited to the game by a friend, to upgrading to silver, gold, and then eventually Diamond. I now have at least one of each of the supporter packages for all the kiwis.

I do not regret my decision whatsoever, I took my time, made sure I understood the developers point-of-view as much as I possibly could and understood the game enough to know I'd be playing it for awhile.

I have since, invested a good deal of money into the game. I call it an investment because the return I'll get out of it is an ARPG finally worthy of playing.

I've yet to create my unique though, the forum avatar, supporter title, etc is really awesome - but I decided to shell out the money for the support of the game and not because of the in-game items received.

I'm not going to try and persuade you to get Diamond though, that's something that you'll have to decide. However, if it's just for the in-game items - then somehow I feel that later on down the road you'll be dissatisfied with your decisions. They will eventually lose their luster. If your heart is in the right place for the game, and you love it enough, then supporting the development of the game by giving such an extreme amount of cash is the way to go.
Last edited by Elynole on Jan 22, 2013, 12:49:46 PM
"
EvilParfait wrote:
"
Snowhammer wrote:

Are you married?

Fair point! Let me re-phrase:

Question: Are you married?
If yes: Are you a girl?
If no: Heck no, don't upgrade, she'll kill you!
If yes: Heck yes, even if he gets mad you can withold sex!

"There is friend who sticks closer than a brother"
-Samwise

IGN: Snowhammer
"
Elynole wrote:
*Snip*
I'm not going to try and persuade you to get Diamond though, that's something that you'll have to decide. However, if it's just for the in-game items - then somehow I feel that later on down the road you'll be dissatisfied with your decisions. They will eventually lose their luster. If your heart is in the right place for the game, and you love it enough, then supporting the development of the game by giving such an extreme amount of cash is the way to go.

I honestly wouldn't be considering what you aptly call an 'extreme amount of cash' on a game that I didn't think I'd be playing or enjoying. But at the same time the thought of a tiny piece of yourself being immortalized in what happens to be your greatest love (games) that people will know, see and love perhaps years into the future....

Edit: Just the thought of someone seeing a unique on the ground and their heart starting to beat frantically, their eyes widening as adrenaline fills them and they get it into their inventory and then...
"Dude, I just got Lilith's Ampoule!"
"Nowai! >.< Lucky bastard!"

How can someone not be interested in that?

People have spent millions trying to get a piece of themselves immortalized. Just think about it for a moment. How many millionaires have monuments in their offices or entire buildings. Or even sending their ashes into space. Hell, people have made manmade islands...

Why do they spend so much money on these things?

Last edited by EvilParfait on Jan 22, 2013, 12:56:22 PM
"
EvilParfait wrote:

Since when is asking for others opinions letting them make my decision for me? When you talk to one person you may get the wrong answer, but if you ask a hundred you may end up with the right one. Combined experiences and opinions pave the way of thoughtful discussion and hopefully a real answer.

In some cases, in fact most, asking for other people's opinion can prove useful. However when it comes to money, it's my experience that it's something every individual has to decide for themselves.

You don't ask for random people's opinions when you wish to buy a new car, new shoes, or a new TV, do you?

You'll find a multitude of different opinions on your subject, and ultimately the only "real answer" as you put it, is your own answer.
Streaming at Twitch.tv/Profitropolis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info