Beating Nemesis without rares or uniques

"
Boem wrote:
Gogo NotRegret!

Now for the real challenge merciless!

Could you tell me your hp value i would be interested to see the difference between your hp pool and mine.

Looking forward to see the merciless progression.

I have 3181 hp at level 55.
I expect this to go up soon as I have 3 life 8% life nodes in a row to grab and will be crafting more gear.

Cool thx bro, i am at 1/3 of that and going for piety today, wish me luck! xD

Keep up the good work NotRegret, your doing the community a favor with this thread.

Edit : i am running in your destructive trail, so hopefully you have discouraged piety and dominus a bit for me :D! Peace
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Dec 19, 2013, 8:32:13 AM
I think people should just give you whatever BiS blues you require/want so that you can get on with it.

Maybe start a donation thread?
"
I think people should just give you whatever BiS blues you require/want so that you can get on with it.

Maybe start a donation thread?

Would this not invalidate his effort's?

He is trying to show it can be done, i would say the average time in doing so would also be of some importance?..

If he made a donation thread he would clear the game like Kripp, receiving every OP piece to progress, making his achievement invalid compared to a solo player.

Just my opinion. Look at some of the comments NotRegret has received for trading...Imagine the flow of QQ if he received OP pieces and the food for trolls you would supply?
"
Boem wrote:

He is trying to show it can be done, i would say the average time in doing so would also be of some importance?..

If he made a donation thread he would clear the game like Kripp, receiving every OP piece to progress, making his achievement invalid compared to a solo player.

Just my opinion. Look at some of the comments NotRegret has received for trading...Imagine the flow of QQ if he received OP pieces and the food for trolls you would supply?

I don't see why - his mission is to prove you can beat Nemesis with just blues. He has not given himself any solo-self found restrictions. He has partied, he has traded and he has accepted donations.

He has specified he wants to 'minimise' this - but that's a piece of string isn't it. If the game permits donations, then a scrub would be quite capable of accepting donations, just as a scrub is capable of trading, accepting donations, and partying in a 'minimalist' way.

This whole 'minimalist' angle is meaningless if he refuses to advance before he has the gear to do so. He's just dragging it out for no real reason. We know he wont advance without the gear to do so, so we're just sitting here waiting for him to get a few 'mimimalist' advances each day, when he could get all the BiS advances in one day by holding a donation thread.

By holding a donations thread he's just speeding up the process he has intended to process, he's not changing the result.
True your points are valid, but i would still appreciate if he did not do it, giving a realistic progression time for a solo player would also be a good source of information for new players who join the game. Then they would have a realistic aim for achieving NotRegrets achievement, instead of a skewered result by pushed progress.

You could argue the progression is in fact RNG based, so a donation would still be irrelevant, and you would be partially right imo.

But i agree with your points, i just deem it equally important to achieve this from a solo playing perspective (the minimal party time and trading align with this imo).

It's just a personal opinion :)
"
cronk wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

I don't see why - his mission is to prove you can beat Nemesis with just blues. He has not given himself any solo-self found restrictions. He has partied, he has traded and he has accepted donations.

He has specified he wants to 'minimise' this - but that's a piece of string isn't it. If the game permits donations, then a scrub would be quite capable of accepting donations, just as a scrub is capable of trading, accepting donations, and partying in a 'minimalist' way.

This whole 'minimalist' angle is meaningless if he refuses to advance before he has the gear to do so. He's just dragging it out for no real reason. We know he wont advance without the gear to do so, so we're just sitting here waiting for him to get a few 'mimimalist' advances each day, when he could get all the BiS advances in one day by holding a donation thread.

By holding a donations thread he's just speeding up the process he has intended to process, he's not changing the result.

I've never accepted a donation. I've merely traded. The one free item I got was the chaos resist/life belt. I have almost never actually worn the thing and I found it while scanning shops.

As you can see by my terrible bank I'm barely managing to scrape with my purchases. In some cases I even lowball myself. I've traded 3 fuse to a chaos before. I tried away extremly good leveling rares for fucking glassblowers.

My 3 most important trades have been my amulet, shield, and 5 link chest. All 3 of them were trades were I contacted the seller and negotiated the price: they did not seek me out and say 'here have this free gear'.

Buying blues is relivily cheap compared to buying rares.

As I said before I am trying to show many different angles to the game. Right now I have an equal mix of items that I craft, found, and traded for. A big part of this is to teach players not to be a hermit that never joins a party.

"
Boem wrote:
True your points are valid, but i would still appreciate if he did not do it, giving a realistic progression time for a solo player would also be a good source of information for new players who join the game. Then they would have a realistic aim for achieving NotRegrets achievement, instead of a skewered result by pushed progress.

You could argue the progression is in fact RNG based, so a donation would still be irrelevant, and you would be partially right imo.

But i agree with your points, i just deem it equally important to achieve this from a solo playing perspective (the minimal party time and trading align with this imo).

It's just a personal opinion :)

The time it takes to do content is based on so many factors.

To start with build plays a huge roll, even 2 similar builds would have very different times.
Suppose you made a templar version of my build that got 90% of the same nodes.
It would clear much slower because you didn't spend all of normel mode grabbing offensive nodes like my witch did.

Another factor is the method in which you tackel quests. Do you skip optional quests? Do you grind first than speed run the quests? Do you try to kill all enemies you find or do you run past them when possible? A pro player can go from level 1 empty stash to mapping in 3 days using fast methods.

Theres also the deal of what you do with your time. How long do you browsing trade or researching mods on gear? Do you party with low level friends? Do you help noobs by giving them wps or boss kills? Sometimes I just dick around and sit in chat. I spent a great deal of time making low level characters to get flasks and quest reward gems. Before I was typing
this I was running normel dominus to practice his pattern and get my technique better.

RNG is not a heavy factor. The fact that certain 'pro' players consistently get in high positions during races should tell you this.

Sure you could be leveling a 2h marauder and you could get a hammer hymn and geofry drop both early on and than out level any other 2h maruader, but what are the odds of that?

There are most certainly pro players much better than me who could probably do this faster or with more severe handicaps. I'd love to see one of them step up and do a similar run.

Theres also real life stuff. Do you have a job, a girlfriend, other games? Ive got a birthday coming up and might not play on that day.

Personally I do not think my progress is very fast. I expect to dramaticly slow down at act 3 merciless because the enemies there are much more aggressive.
I've really enjoyed reading your post NotRegrets, keep it up -_^b

- Mike
"
NotRegret wrote:
RNG is not a heavy factor. The fact that certain 'pro' players consistently get in high positions during races should tell you this.

It only tells that they get stuff for free, trade with FG ........ or play in a party with people they know.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info