[1.xx] Islidox's Build tips/critique section for Rangers

This post really helps.

Thanks.
- Stick to p0ng -
@Islidox Thanks for the gear priorities post :) You are amazing!
Hey, you have been awesome so far. Thank you so much for all of your help.
I am 22 so far since I have been playing a lot of league. But I am doing good so far, still hardcore and plan to stay that way, so I am going to be heading into the duelist part for more defence right off the bat. But 1 question I have is, what auras should I use?

Also right now I am using poison arrow and split arrow + Fork, I also am leveling ice shot but I don't really use it because it seems poison arrow is better, any feedback in regards to that so far? Or is that fine.
Thanks islidox ur awesome!
Do you guys think the "Frenzy-based Ranger type 1(life usage)"build is viable for endgame i really like it but dont really know if im gonna be able to progress in higher difficulties,can someone help?:D
"
Azemotay wrote:
Hey, you have been awesome so far. Thank you so much for all of your help.
I am 22 so far since I have been playing a lot of league. But I am doing good so far, still hardcore and plan to stay that way, so I am going to be heading into the duelist part for more defence right off the bat. But 1 question I have is, what auras should I use?

Also right now I am using poison arrow and split arrow + Fork, I also am leveling ice shot but I don't really use it because it seems poison arrow is better, any feedback in regards to that so far? Or is that fine.

That's difficult to answer, but in general you definitely want to use the Grace Aura for more defense. Haste may be worth it now that they've changed it, but I'll have to see for myself. If you can get other flat elemental auras like Anger and Wrath, they're pretty decent as they don't take a % of mana. Hatred is a nice damage aura for physical-damage builds, but it does reserve 30% of your mana.

I'm also using Poison Arrow as my single target skill for bosses (very effective). (Have not gotten Frenzy) PA is good in that both physical and elemental increase it's base damage even if it doesn't affect its cloud. Using PA on Brutus made it easy, aside from dodging his grappling hook.

@VenturaD: A frenzy crit bow build is feasible for endgame, as proven by VictorDoom, but may take a little more effort in gearing up. (especially with no diamond flasks)
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Last edited by Islidox on Jan 24, 2013, 8:05:19 PM
What kind of skills/gems/etc should I use for the suggested BM build?
Also sorry for the double post can't find a way to edit but I remember not wanting to level up certain gems like different arrows, should you still be doing that?
@Firetako: Using BM does not restrict what skills you use other than %-based auras. Depending on your build, you can go elemental, physical, or other miscellaneous skills. This sort of research you need to do on your own, and most importantly experiement! What's the fun if everything is handed to you on a silver platter? (And yes, I know I'm a silver supporter, pun not intended.)

Given that Lightning Arrow does not have the weird mana cost progression, I would level up all the skills. Clarity is a skill I haven't figured out where a good stopping is, but that's the exception to the rule in this case.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
Thanks!

This will help a lot and thanks again for a well written response :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info