Season Five, Event 116: 12 Hour Endless Ledge

"
Hangover1896 wrote:
Lots of points for a very small amount of players...

People like me who never reach the top 20 list of a class only get maybe 6 or 7 points in 12 hours. Thats nothing. And even if i am the 20th best ranger i get 7 or 8 points. Wow.

I planned to stay awake to participate, because i live in europe, but now im very disappointed. Simply not worth it...

Just wait til the 1 week race when you see that you'll receive the same amount of points, for ~14 times the time investment. Points are not meant to scale exactly proportional to time investment. The longer races are for the most hardcore of players, and to have fun.

Edit: also, anyone can get alot of points in this. Just pick your best class and get to 25 with it. Do that several times and you can get 9/12/15 points. Good practice as well. Make sure you don't delete any of the characters until the race has ended, points distributed, and all characters moved out of the temporary race league.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 11, 2013, 9:40:01 AM
I don't really care for points. it's just a really fun event, I just hope I get a damn unique item in this event from mobs (even if it's useless!) because I never get one!
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Dec 11, 2013, 4:09:01 PM
"
D623932883 wrote:
Is there some kind of unwritten rule that Endless Ledge never rewards Demigods? I don't think I've ever seen one with them as prizes. You'd think a 12 hour race would be a the most appropriate place ever to hand them out, but apparently not.

Endless Ledge is considered a "fun event". They never award demigods. Instead, there are random raffle prizes.
You will get 1 point by your 2nd hour in the race. Seems rough.

Probably just going to join for lotto.
is asphyxia gonna be fixed for this race?
I so wanted to do this, but as I'm European it's pretty much suicide. I already have some health issues so I won't ruin my health by doing this. I just wished there were more 12/24hr races like this, I love endless.
Last edited by leto2626 on Dec 12, 2013, 10:21:22 AM
"
leto2626 wrote:
I so wanted to do this, but as I'm European it's pretty much suicide. I already have some health issues so I won't ruin my health by doing this. I just wished there were more 12/24hr races like this, I love endless.

I'm hoping and guessing they will, surely they didn't change the way the progression works in 1.2 for just 1 or 2 events

I was looking forward to this being thursday > friday night in europe btw, as saturday > sunday is a nogo for me :(

alas, let's hope they'll plan some more for europe midday :)
ign:mptyspace
"
unsane wrote:
Edit: also, anyone can get alot of points in this. Just pick your best class and get to 25 with it. Do that several times and you can get 9/12/15 points. Good practice as well. Make sure you don't delete any of the characters until the race has ended, points distributed, and all characters moved out of the temporary race league.

Is this allowed I thought the rules said not to make multiple characters
"
Tenebram wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

Yes this is allowed.
More than that - you can get point this way in all of the races. In this league you can even let those lvl 25s die - they will still bring you points.
"
Pirrate wrote:
"
Tenebram wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

Yes this is allowed.
More than that - you can get point this way in all of the races. In this league you can even let those lvl 25s die - they will still bring you points.

Pretty certain that only your highest level finishing character receives any points per account. I guess it's possible to circumvent this with multiple accounts?

Can one of the GGG guys/gals clarify?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info