Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Im level 83 and I prefer specing into static blows and running an added lightning gem instead of faster attacks for 30% shock chance + The Taming. I think I do more damage even though the tooltip doesn't show it.
"
Cataract wrote:
"
derberherbert wrote:

I thought about that too. The thing is you really need Weapon Elemental Damage on the best Mf Slots: Rings, Belt, Amu to do Damage. Maybe just Goldwyrm,Sadimas and Andvarius for Piety/low maps or go full mf with Culling Strike, iir gem, Wheel of the Stormsail and a 40% helmet in Groups. We would just be another Aura support culler with low damage then, but it's good to have the possibility.

Yeah I hear that. Dom/Piety MFing will be fine without any weapon ele on gear and full MF. I was doing Dom runs near the end of the race just to test it out. Had a little under 8.5k dps and crap gear while dual wielding foils with ~25% average Weapon Ele on rings/belt/ammy and still melted Dom with safe leech at 3.5k HP.

With 20/20 gems, the Alpha's and a 6L, it would be like butter even with no Weapon Ele on gear. So boss farming would be np.

As for maps, I'm not sure how I'd MF it. Dual Andvarius is going to be on there. So maybe Andi/Andi/Goldwyrm/Sadima's with a Weapon Ele belt and an MF neck with Weapon Ele on it.

Going to be running Firetrap/Detonate in the new HC league to do some easy mode farming. Don't want to go so safe in the new softcore league though. So I'll have to think about it. Did enjoy this build in the one week, so I'm pretty dedicated to trying it regardless of the MF potential.

I tried this MF build out and it is working out incredibly well! I substituted Purity of Elements over Haste to help make up for the resist loss from the rings. Im at 82/30/82, the Alphas Howl makes the low cold res workable.

I'm at 191 rarity 62 quality on my 6l with 7700 dps. I switched out my CWDT set up for ST-cull-IQ-IR which put me at 244r 96q. Purity of Elements reserves less mana than haste so i have 4 times the mana cost of my cull available. I'm still getting used to hitting the cull on blue packs, but yellows and bosses are easy.

The biggest issue is hps, I am currently at 3241, down a little over 1k. Reflect is something that went from a minor annoyance to a major pain, but it is doable with some patience. The highest solo map I have done is 72, but I am sure I can do higher, just don't have any at the moment.

I'm sure this goes without saying but definitely not recommended for hardcore. Lots of really close calls and I have been 1 shotted a few times.
IGN: Xkyfen
Thanks for build. I enjoy it. Even works great with lightning strike as a main attack :)
Im curious. Im level 50, and i cant seem to be able to find the armor i need to really make this build take off.

I just started playing this game recently, so ive got a lot to learn, and not sure where to start from.
"
Effinlag wrote:
Im curious. Im level 50, and i cant seem to be able to find the armor i need to really make this build take off.

I just started playing this game recently, so ive got a lot to learn, and not sure where to start from.

Talking about armour, you need a 5-link AR/EV chest that is coloured 3R2G for the gems. Thus will typically cost around 5 chaos. Make sure you have all the gems specified as well as a fast 1h weapon and shield. Everything else is just life and resists.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Wanted to post a ranger version of this build that might be more nemesis/hardcore friendly...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzBbUILgx9EH8UTRUgFm8XLxmFGYoZjho4Go8dFCP2JKoksCftKk0s6S2DMHwxnjIJMok1kjbpOuE8LT8nSn1KyE3jUUdVxlb6V-JZ81pIZp5noGwWbEZuqnJscql0QXfXd-V82X11fyuApIPbhtGHdojxjX2Nv49GkFWXBpuNogCmV6cIp4Spbqp_qrisWayqr-u18rc-uJO748AaxKLE9saexq7Occ9l0NDTftQj1ordDeNq52PsOO2D7g7veu_w8B_yRfPd9tr60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

basically gets a lot more life nodes (348% life) as well as the overpowered Ondar's Guile node but sacrifices getting the 2 40% reserved mana auras (purity of lightning and fire)... instead i'd just run with a Saffell's Frame permanently for 82 res all... and use topaz/ruby flasks for additional +10 max res when necessary... also i wouldn't get Alphas's Howl as this spec still allows 3 60% reserved mana auras without it (personally prefer having life on every piece of gear so i'd get rare helm with life and resists)... while leveling i'd grab the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes (on the top left side of the tree) until i have lvl 20 reduced mana gem... which would allow me to spec out of the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes in the end... this version still gives a solid 60% boost to auras/buffs so wrath and anger would still be pretty overpowered as well as grace (when soloing) and haste (when grouping)... also i'd use 2 cwdt gems with my build to negate the punishing physical dmg that passes through the dodge/evasion

my links would be

chest(6L): ST + LMP + FA + WED + LL + BM
helm(4L): 3 auras + reduced mana
sword(3L): leap slam + FA + BM
saffell's(3L): ele weakness + enfeeble + BM (use one curse or the other as necessary)
gloves(4L): cwdt (lvl 1) + enduring cry + spell totem + summon skeleton
boots(4L): cwdt (lvl 20), immortal call + inc duration + molten shell

as a side note... (i apologize if anyone has already posted this as i didn't read the entire 94 page thread) has anyone tried swapping out spec throw and LMP gem for double strike and added cold dmg vs tough rares/bosses? i would think that'd be incredibly strong vs single target... double strike would have crazy high atk spd and a quality added cold gem would give chance to freeze (upto 10% from quality for a nice defensive cc boost) and add a high amount of flat cold dmg which would sync beautifully with this elemental based build... any thoughts?
ign: BeastModeNeedSkittles
Last edited by SliMjiM811 on Feb 23, 2014, 9:02:26 AM
I need some advice about buying a sword for this build. Can someone who is online tell me whisper me so i can ask for some advice?

IGN:ScionAryaShade
"
SliMjiM811 wrote:
Wanted to post a ranger version of this build that might be more nemesis/hardcore friendly...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzBbUILgx9EH8UTRUgFm8XLxmFGYoZjho4Go8dFCP2JKoksCftKk0s6S2DMHwxnjIJMok1kjbpOuE8LT8nSn1KyE3jUUdVxlb6V-JZ81pIZp5noGwWbEZuqnJscql0QXfXd-V82X11fyuApIPbhtGHdojxjX2Nv49GkFWXBpuNogCmV6cIp4Spbqp_qrisWayqr-u18rc-uJO748AaxKLE9saexq7Occ9l0NDTftQj1ordDeNq52PsOO2D7g7veu_w8B_yRfPd9tr60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

basically gets a lot more life nodes (348% life) as well as the overpowered Ondar's Guile node but sacrifices getting the 2 40% reserved mana auras (purity of lightning and fire)... instead i'd just run with a Saffell's Frame permanently for 82 res all... and use topaz/ruby flasks for additional +10 max res when necessary... also i wouldn't get Alphas's Howl as this spec still allows 3 60% reserved mana auras without it (personally prefer having life on every piece of gear so i'd get rare helm with life and resists)... while leveling i'd grab the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes (on the top left side of the tree) until i have lvl 20 reduced mana gem... which would allow me to spec out of the 2 4% reduced mana reservation nodes in the end... this version still gives a solid 60% boost to auras/buffs so wrath and anger would still be pretty overpowered as well as grace (when soloing) and haste (when grouping)... also i'd use 2 cwdt gems with my build to negate the punishing physical dmg that passes through the dodge/evasion

my links would be

chest(6L): ST + LMP + FA + WED + LL + BM
helm(4L): 3 auras + reduced mana
sword(3L): leap slam + FA + BM
saffell's(3L): ele weakness + enfeeble + BM (use one curse or the other as necessary)
gloves(4L): cwdt (lvl 1) + enduring cry + spell totem + summon skeleton
boots(4L): cwdt (lvl 20), immortal call + inc duration + molten shell

as a side note... (i apologize if anyone has already posted this as i didn't read the entire 94 page thread) has anyone tried swapping out spec throw and LMP gem for double strike and added cold dmg vs tough rares/bosses? i would think that'd be incredibly strong vs single target... double strike would have crazy high atk spd and a quality added cold gem would give chance to freeze (upto 10% from quality for a nice defensive cc boost) and add a high amount of flat cold dmg which would sync beautifully with this elemental based build... any thoughts?

Won't u lose out a lot of dps by not having the extra 34% aura effectiveness?? Its not just a matter of mana reservation. Also, alphas has +2 aura levels, which greatly increases their dps. Most of the dps of this build comes from aura effectiveness. Using saffell's you lost out a ton of evasion & other good stats (ex: life/chaos res) and have 0 block. The purity auras combined with aura effectiveness end up giving more max resists than saffells, plus you also keep 26-30% block. Physical attacks are what are most dangerous to this spec. I like using a CwDT + immortal call + enduring cry + increased duration for this purpose. Replacing haste with grace in tougher maps is a good idea though, and I've been using the same. It gives around 3-4k extra evasion. I played a while with phase acrobatics and seriously didn't notice any difference, but getting ondar's might be good.
Anybody thought about a version of this using highcrit dagger and only lightning damage abusing uniques like wake of destruction/thunderfist/lightning coil for increased dmg?

Would only require wrath/haste/lightning purity.

Possible tree could look like this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1UzVtbLVIbXtVSyaVjDYTnqSRfjNd8nDVcFLAUeOEiGsZ1w5IEZado_yrcLvZEy9vf8bBxYhCkBtwVpoT29QnqVptJDynXElRGYotg5cGxKKhIvT4okAB0a_ru-P-un110377CfbaGo_yl5tdqJpaUkrIbqq18qlubEZybDIJNZKsWYjx52P-Crc-xq48LUz_r2zFivAfBLOiADKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBVwBpmnvrSNunjahcvhtEksICkHRSPRoFJsjhmT9DQz2VVxhZvpwi4kwx9EH_Gng==

Also:
Why does the initial build in the OP no use Elemental Equilibrium? Woulnt it make alot of sense or am i mistaken here?

"
Urathor wrote:
Anybody thought about a version of this using highcrit dagger and only lightning damage abusing uniques like wake of destruction/thunderfist/lightning coil for increased dmg?

Would only require wrath/haste/lightning purity.

Possible tree could look like this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOygDlm49YEODCW-eykrDOpu1UzVtbLVIbXtVSyaVjDYTnqSRfjNd8nDVcFLAUeOEiGsZ1w5IEZado_yrcLvZEy9vf8bBxYhCkBtwVpoT29QnqVptJDynXElRGYotg5cGxKKhIvT4okAB0a_ru-P-un110377CfbaGo_yl5tdqJpaUkrIbqq18qlubEZybDIJNZKsWYjx52P-Crc-xq48LUz_r2zFivAfBLOiADKJd-VX4uw4GjinhJBVwBpmnvrSNunjahcvhtEksICkHRSPRoFJsjhmT9DQz2VVxhZvpwi4kwx9EH_Gng==

Also:
Why does the initial build in the OP no use Elemental Equilibrium? Woulnt it make alot of sense or am i mistaken here?

Only using lightning damage is like cutting off an arm, even with those Uniques you would also want Anger. I don't believe that taking the %lightning nodes would be of any use to you and you would still want Adder's Touch, power charges and crit multi. Thunderfist and Lightning Coil are both very nice items and would make good additions to this build regardless, I'm unconvinced about Wake of Destruction though, 1-120 flat lightning is no small thing but we lose life and movement speed, though I'd love to test it out.

EE is pointless for this build as we deal all the elements together in the same hit triggering all the downsides at once.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 23, 2014, 4:16:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info