Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

The two tamings idea is actually pretty good. Only thing is that you lose out on a lot of life when using those rings. I guess you can try and mix around the passive tree a bit to compensate maybe (but it would be a bit hard I think).

Still if you are running in softcore leagues the extra life is not all that necessary.
"
Daarknight wrote:
I am working on the coloring for a 2 x CWDT set up. Level 1 CWDT and Level 5 Enduring Cry on weapon. Level 15 CWDT, Level 15 Enduring Cry, 20 Quality Level 15 Immortal Call, 20/20 Increased Duration in Gloves. With this set up, most Immortal Call Procs would have 2 Endurance Charges. Damage Threshold for Immortal Call would be 2,060 which is about 40% of my total HP. Duration per Immortal Call proc would be...

1.91 sec 1 charge
3.41 sec 2 charges (most common)
4.91 sec 3 charges

In 2 seconds, I can heal over 40% of my HP and 3.4 sec would take me from low life to nearly full.

If you do this RRRR set up in boots, you would want a pair of Armor / Evasion boots to simplify the roll. Considering that having a life and movement speed prefix, you would not end up with a ton of evasion on your boots anyway, this is probably the best slot to do it in.

Currently at 86 I have not taken Phase Acrobatics or Ondar's Guile. Working through my stock of 71 & 72 maps atm. Finished Poorjoy's Assylum last night (in about 15 minutes) without dying but was a little dicey at times. Chain corpse explosions do tons of damage and I think a CWDT setup like this would have made the map very smooth.

5,350 HP
12,447 DPS
8,600 Evasion

How do you get these duration numbers so high? I don't get it.

I've tested and counted everything, and here are my results:
20/20 Duration adds 103% increased duration on Immortal Call, but when you equip them you notice that Duration is increased only for Base Duration of Immortal Call aka 0.20 seconds one, so 20/20 will get you additional 0.20 seconds for Immortal Call... seems like a waste compared to Molten Shell.

And then if you get 20/20 Immortal Call, you will have ~0.79 additional Duration per Charge, so..
~1.20 seconds - 1 charge
~2 seconds - 2 charge
~2.80 seconds - 3 charge

Or is Base Duration also added with every charge or does Increased Duration also increased duration u get from Charges? I didn't notice all that tho when i tested out. When i used Increased Duration gem, i didn't notice my Immortal Call last any longer at all, 0.20 is just too low.
So i prefer Molten Shell, additional ~2k dmg block + 2k dmg dealer compared to 0.20 sec Immortal Call, but that's just me.
Just FYI, on my Marauder I get like 5 sec of IC with just 3 charges expended, this is with 17 qual lvl 17 IC gem and lvl 17 Increased Duration, no quality. So at max gem lvl and quality it's gonna last even longer. I run this together with a high lvl Molten Shell on a Cwdt setup. So, pretty generic overall and a lifesaver in many situations.
IGN: Yeph
"
tacodisco wrote:

How do you get these duration numbers so high? I don't get it.

I've tested and counted everything, and here are my results:
20/20 Duration adds 103% increased duration on Immortal Call, but when you equip them you notice that Duration is increased only for Base Duration of Immortal Call aka 0.20 seconds one, so 20/20 will get you additional 0.20 seconds for Immortal Call... seems like a waste compared to Molten Shell.

And then if you get 20/20 Immortal Call, you will have ~0.79 additional Duration per Charge, so..
~1.20 seconds - 1 charge
~2 seconds - 2 charge
~2.80 seconds - 3 charge

Or is Base Duration also added with every charge or does Increased Duration also increased duration u get from Charges? I didn't notice all that tho when i tested out. When i used Increased Duration gem, i didn't notice my Immortal Call last any longer at all, 0.20 is just too low.
So i prefer Molten Shell, additional ~2k dmg block + 2k dmg dealer compared to 0.20 sec Immortal Call, but that's just me.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38285

Read what Mark says about increased duration and immortal call.

Turns out I am getting a lot of 3 charge procs with this set up. Only RRR on my gloves so no increased duration on it yet but I can not wait.
Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 26, 2014, 1:14:41 AM
I think I have found a really good alternative to spec throw: Lightning Strike! Now LS does scale from physical damage so at first it doesn't seem to be a good choice, but almost all of our damage comes from auras anyway so that doesn't really matter. Also LS has much better damage effectiveness than ST and as a huge plus can be supported with multistrike for a massive attack speed boost.

I did some testing with my regular RRRGGG evasion chest and used:
LS - Multistrike - WED - LMP - Mana Leech - FA/Pierce
Paper dps was 22k/28k with FA compared to 11k ST.
Had to drop my purity auras and use LS on mana for some test runs on merc docks, hence the mana leech. With this far from optimal gem setup mobs did go down much faster than with ST even tho I could not spam LS like I could ST because of low mana.

If I were to switch over to LS an evasion chest would be very hard to get the colours, but with hybrid is doable. Gem setup would be this:
Blood magic - LS - Life Leech - Multistrike - WED - LMP/FA/Pierce
I was trying to buy tabula rasa the whole day but had no success. Will try again tomorrow to test it in some 66/67 maps and find the best gem combination. I think due to LS' damage effectiveness it should provide more damage and clear speed than ST. Plus with quality on LS and pierce gem 100% pierce is easily achievable, so the AOE would not suffer at all.

Either way, just wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback from you guys.
Than what about added lightning/cold dmg (or even chaos)? it sounds like it'll add more dps than faster attacks, and for single target you can at least use one instead of LMP.
OK..the gear + passives + Gem setup + DPS screenshot posted in the first post do not add up.

DPS should only be 12367 DPS. Where is the other 2K DPS coming from? Unless I'm doing the math wrong.
"
Melkrow wrote:
OK..the gear + passives + Gem setup + DPS screenshot posted in the first post do not add up.

DPS should only be 12367 DPS. Where is the other 2K DPS coming from? Unless I'm doing the math wrong.

You are doing the math wrong. I have 12,447 at level 87. Mathil's sword is way, way better than mine, I have maybe 7% higher Wed from gear, .08 higher aps but at level 95, he has 4 additional points devoted to increasing dps than I do ATM.
"
noobdw wrote:
Than what about added lightning/cold dmg (or even chaos)? it sounds like it'll add more dps than faster attacks, and for single target you can at least use one instead of LMP.

Lmp and faster attacks are green and all of the added elemental damage gems are either blue or red.
Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 28, 2014, 8:19:42 PM
"
I think I have found a really good alternative to spec throw: Lightning Strike! Now LS does scale from physical damage so at first it doesn't seem to be a good choice, but almost all of our damage comes from auras anyway so that doesn't really matter. Also LS has much better damage effectiveness than ST and as a huge plus can be supported with multistrike for a massive attack speed boost.

I did some testing with my regular RRRGGG evasion chest and used:
LS - Multistrike - WED - LMP - Mana Leech - FA/Pierce
Paper dps was 22k/28k with FA compared to 11k ST.
Had to drop my purity auras and use LS on mana for some test runs on merc docks, hence the mana leech. With this far from optimal gem setup mobs did go down much faster than with ST even tho I could not spam LS like I could ST because of low mana.

If I were to switch over to LS an evasion chest would be very hard to get the colours, but with hybrid is doable. Gem setup would be this:
Blood magic - LS - Life Leech - Multistrike - WED - LMP/FA/Pierce
I was trying to buy tabula rasa the whole day but had no success. Will try again tomorrow to test it in some 66/67 maps and find the best gem combination. I think due to LS' damage effectiveness it should provide more damage and clear speed than ST. Plus with quality on LS and pierce gem 100% pierce is easily achievable, so the AOE would not suffer at all.

Either way, just wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback from you guys.

Hey! I've tested out lightning strike before with Melkrow's passive tree, one of the fun quirks of this tree build is that it is very versatile, as you may have noticed from the lightning strike spec. I started using lightning strike sometime back and like you said it had around 22-28k dps because of the insane boost from multistrike. My biggest concern though was that it seemed to do poorly in terms of single DPS. Unfortunately I don't really have the math to back up my claim but from continuous testing and running of both LS and ST and constant switching between them, ST in the long run proved to be more consistent in clearing both mobs and single targets like unique bosses. Granted I did notice ridiculous power when I switched to lightning strike but it would seem that I was always slower in killing things with resists with lightning strike on.

P.s. been using this build since I got my tabula rasa, for those of you concerned about survivability, I noticed how ridiculously spammable whirling blades is with our attackspeed so it's almost impossible for me to take direct hits from hard bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info