Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

If you want good results with the build, you shouldn't roll it for a first toon. It's a lot harder to itemize and level if you can't run all the auras, it either makes you squishier (lack of purity auras) or hit like a wet noodle. What I personally did was basically leveled a stock standard physical spectral thrower with Limbsplit, Geoffi's, Rigvalds, etc and used hatred+clarity for mana sustain, ST+LMP+Added fire+LGoH/leech. Just make sure you level the necessary gems for the build, most importantly your auras and WED. The build naturally supports physical ST for leveling. Once I reached 64, I equipped my alpha's and eledmg weapon, and never looked back. Displayed dps was about ~5.8k at that time. My gear for reference:

Spoiler

"
maladeth wrote:
If you want good results with the build, you shouldn't roll it for a first toon. It's a lot harder to itemize and level if you can't run all the auras, it either makes you squishier (lack of purity auras) or hit like a wet noodle. What I personally did was basically leveled a stock standard physical spectral thrower with Limbsplit, Geoffi's, Rigvalds, etc and used hatred+clarity for mana sustain, ST+LMP+Added fire+LGoH/leech. Just make sure you level the necessary gems for the build, most importantly your auras and WED. The build naturally supports physical ST for leveling. Once I reached 64, I equipped my alpha's and eledmg weapon, and never looked back. Displayed dps was about ~5.8k at that time. My gear for reference:

Spoiler

Well the title suggests "solo" "cheaply" and "quickly"....so this is why i've chosen this build after my 56templar.
Dare you to tell me that this was the wrong decision?
"
Polypropylen wrote:
Well the title suggests "solo" "cheaply" and "quickly"....so this is why i've chosen this build after my 56templar.

Keep in mind that terms like cheaply and quickly will be used loosely and greatly depend on each individual's perspective. This build is most likely cheaper than a lot of other viable endgame builds and it is indeed playable without a party. Whether things like an Alpha's or 20 quality gems (at least life leech is a must, quite a few others are recommended) are cheap mostly depend on how long you've been playing (in this league). You'll be able to progress quite far into the game, most likely complete it and start with mapping even without a great skill and item setup. Just keep in mind that the OP as well as some other players posting their build and possibly videos are quite far into their time played (or traded).

Just to verify: you already have a templar and chose this build to create a new scion?
just picked this up today gave me a nice boost over vaal of the rebuke. Of course the vaal was free just laying on the ground for me to grab

I have been working this build with out the blood magic aspect and at lvl 68 am doing fine with mana regen.

i just need to get a diff 6L as mine is armor based and for the life of me i cant get the colors right.
WTB 6 link chest AR/EV or straight AR
At Level 76 I'm having survival issues so I've been running Grace along with haste wrath and anger.

my Current gear is:

I want to reroll the gloves when I can find a divine but I'm wondering if I should just drop Aegis and get a different shield altogether? Any other upgrade tips?

7792 ST DPS
340 Armour
9180 Evasion
4246 HP
"
DelightfulD wrote:
"
Polypropylen wrote:

Keep in mind that terms like cheaply and quickly will be used loosely and greatly depend on each individual's perspective. This build is most likely cheaper than a lot of other viable endgame builds and it is indeed playable without a party. Whether things like an Alpha's or 20 quality gems (at least life leech is a must, quite a few others are recommended) are cheap mostly depend on how long you've been playing (in this league). You'll be able to progress quite far into the game, most likely complete it and start with mapping even without a great skill and item setup. Just keep in mind that the OP as well as some other players posting their build and possibly videos are quite far into their time played (or traded).

Just to verify: you already have a templar and chose this build to create a new scion?

Yes, that's the case but somehow i found my Templar boring^^ that's why i wanted to give the scion a go.
Well what other Scion build is recommended with Spectral throw, that supply a good balance between tank and dps and not that gear dependant? I really like that skill!
First I'd like to say thank you to Mathil for posting and explaing his build.

It is a lot of fun to Play.

I leveled the char by using PhysDamage and switched to elemental a few Levels ago.
It was just easier to have life Leech on Amu and take the rest of items as they drop or are cheap to get.

So for leveling I did not take the +elemental damage nodes.

I still wonder if I should have skipped them for later Levels, but I need the Life nodes behind them anyway.

A second idea was to be able to switch weapon/rings/amu and belt in case of elemental reflect maps....

I had some good stuff I could use from my 1st char, mainly a very very lucky self crafted Eva Chest - I did the crafting, when I did not know anything about the tons of Jeweled and Fusings needed for 6L.
I just played around with the few orbs and chaos I had and got a 2600 Eva + 80 Life + 2 Resis 6L-chest.
Still can't believe it.
As well as some super duper Boots which dropped me, high Life, two high Resis one low, Movement...15% quiete slow...

The rest of the items I got real cheap for a few chaos including a decent Rapier.

I have some Troubles to reach the 218 Dex for the Rapier, but since the chest requires 197 itself and provides +10 Dex, I needed to go with high +attrib Amu, which provides neither Life nor Resis or Damage - A hazzle to figure out Rings and Belt.

So I pickedd up two +30 Dex nodes, one of it in direction to Inner Force.

I needed to skip the Aura improvements for later because of that.

Next Goal is to reach 5k life, I am at 4k now
I have 4 times 8% in direct reach and another four times 8% with one +30 str in between.
So latest at lvl 83 I should be there.

On the other Hand I might be able to upgrade my amu/rings für higher Life and more Damage then.

Current stats: (sheet in town)
4k HP
5K dps
50% Evasion
All Resis are overcapped, except Chaos at 30%

I could Switch one Ring with this one to get a dps-boost, but chaos gets pretty Zero then.

(I had this ring in my sales stash by accident und insta got a ton of tells "how much"...)
it was made by one alch....

That shield just dropped me as well:

Good mixture of everything.

So I think my gear is really nice so far.
Of course more + elemental damage on rings/amu and belt are improvable, but they are nice and I think I already have really decent stuff - nothing uber or mirror worth, but that is not the Point of this build.
The overcapped resis I have, enable me to run the "big four".
Haste, Anger, Wrath and Evasion.

I do far less damage then my LA/Frenzy - Bow, but I run all stuff pretty smooth.
Except, well everybody knows it, Titybitches.
Evangelists are challenging in Groups (packed with rocket monters like in sceptre of god, hmm, well, nice...) I Need to lure them and leap slam in and/or wait until their shields drop.
I already have a set of boots to pick 2 of them as Spectres, I might see, first test was nice. But since I dont have skill Points for Minions, they die pretty at bosses.
But thats means to give up Life and a ton of resis.
On the other hand, they are drawing the attention of mobs, specialy of these rocket mobs.

The best Point on the bow ranger: She dropped me a BOR, which I sold and got the Alphas for half the found and still have some wealth :-)))

I never came to the point where I could use 2 or even 3 unique armours - no life, no resis, that hurts (me) way to much.

Ondor's Guile is tempting, as well as Phase acrobatics, but each are 5 Skill Points, after nine for Life, 4 for Aura improvement, three for Inner Fore it is a total of 26 more Points. Well, thats lvl 100:-) I am not going to plan that I ever reach that.

Maybe I could give up Inner Force and Purity of Flesh. - The + 12% Chaos Resi are very nice!
But that would "free" 8 Skill Points currently and spare another 4 to reach Inner Force.
Giving up there would mean to spare a Point in a fat + 30 Int Node, well, quiete something to figure out.
Combined with giving up Influence loosing 5% Mana Reservation but sparing another 6 Points I could get the defenses now.
If I did the math right, I could still run the Big Four (Haste, Anger, Wrath, Evasion).
= 240% Mana Reservation.
16% from souvereingty
5% from Leadership
15% from Charisma
8% from Alphas
=44% less mana reserved

Leaves 240% x (100%-44) = 56% x 240% = 134%
Managem 71% x 134% = 95%

But no more Haste, Anger, Wrath + 2x Purity.

Going down to Ondors Guile would also spare one + 30 Dex Nod.

There was another one who had the idea some (or a lot of) pages ago. I just cant remember how he did this.

I am tempted to pick up Clear Mind (+16% Chaos Resi), as having some Chaos Resi build in makes Armour and Jewels a lot of cheaper - and way easier to get.

Looking at Gear, mainly from Mathil himself as well as some other Posters, I wondered how they reach that high Dex for weapons/eva chests and int for some auras.

One skill I am also very tempted in is Frenzy combined with Blood Dancer Shoes.
The Speed Boost is nice, but the heal provided is even nicer, likfe perma-drinking potions, my bow has 7 Frenzy Charges .... Running 6L LA on BM without LL!
Using a PhysBow with LA and added Fire damage as well as Hatred everthing is froozen, shocked or burning.... tempting to figure that out for this elemental Buzzsaw-build ...
(well, I had to Change the chest from RRGGBB to RRRGGG for this Scion buil, so no more perma crits with the bow except when using rats nets and Maligaros which makes her a glass canon)

One Point about the game mechanics:
There is act4 really missing, it is fun to Level a char to 60something and gather skill Points from quests not only from leveling. One can see a char developing without grinding exp to much. That stops after finishing Act3 quests.

"
Dstry wrote:
At Level 76 I'm having survival issues so I've been running Grace along with haste wrath and anger.

...wondering if I should just drop Aegis and get a different shield altogether? ...

This is a great shield, no question.
Imho it does not serve this build, neither is it ES-based nor has it high block rates, so the main purpose of Aegis, fill up ES on block, does not work.
But for this build you give up 1000+ Eva and 80 base Life. For the 8-10 Exalted you get some very decent gear.
The 18% elemental damage boost is nice.

I tested around with Prims Guardian, but besides the direcpt Impact on life (assuming to run 2x 40% Purity on Prism Guardian one looes the + life from a rare shield which results in a loss of at least 500 Life.

Btw, you've got a lot of accuracy on your jewels, did you not go for RT?
If you've RT I'd sell the shield for 8-10 Ex and spent 1 or 2 for a really good rings and an Amulet and an Eva/Life/Resi Shield.

----

This Amulet

this ring

and this shield

dropped me as pure White in an 78 map which I run with my Bow-Ranger. I just alched them because of itemlevel 78-80 and got These crazy results.
The shield helped me easy leveling through Act3 Merciless until I found the buckler.

----

But what I noticed last days when I started to look for a faster rapier and better rings/amu/gloves/belts, is that the market seems quiete empty now, same with Q20 Weapon elemental damage gems, and what is left got insane Prices meanwhile....
Anybody else watched the same?

----
Thoughts and ideas to build and items are very welcome.
----

Thanks Mathil again for this great build which does not Need 100 Ex to be viable and is lot of fun to Play.

Last edited by HuanDor on Jan 23, 2014, 6:17:25 AM
amazing build, just from the sparing details and the short clips you have provided I already know this build have great power and is a rewarding way to play;

I might do a variant with high-block and iron-reflex in nemesis - I'll let you guys know how it turns out;

thank to OP for sharing
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
bump for newbs
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
I found out that using 2 tamings results to crazy dps due to shock stacks, should take static blows aswell but im not that high level yet.

HP: 3372
Res: 82, 77, 82 with elemental adaptation. Elemental reflect is not a problem at all
DPS: 12607

Running grace for more defence results to 15k evasion with 57% chance to evade, popping jade flask grants 30k ev rating and 70 chance to evade, which helps alot in higher maps. The dps drop isn't that high when dropping haste, it's about 1200 dps drop.

My gear for reference

I don't have the best gear, but i can do easily high end maps.
Using lioneye's paws is purely for huge dex boost and nice flat fire dmg. Also found out that using high level CWDT with IC and inc duration with decoy totem grants huge survivability due to 4 sec IC. The endurance charges are generated by low level CWDT and EC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info