Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
some one said once you ahve a lvl 20 reduced mana you dont need alpha howl anymore, so why are you still using this helm?

+2 aura gems where most of the dps comes from is nothing to pass up
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
some one said once you ahve a lvl 20 reduced mana you dont need alpha howl anymore, so why are you still using this helm?

Well if you would do the math and maybe google some things you would quickly find out that with the build and using a level 20 reduced mana gem WITHOUT alpha's howl that running all 5 auras would reserve 108% of your mana.

Maths are hard I know, but simple multiplication, addition and subtraction goes a long way :)
"
runnin17 wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

Well if you would do the math and maybe google some things you would quickly find out that with the build and using a level 20 reduced mana gem WITHOUT alpha's howl that running all 5 auras would reserve 108% of your mana.

Maths are hard I know, but simple multiplication, addition and subtraction goes a long way :)

and if you would have read the all thread like i did ( im here since pages 14) you would have learned that you said YOURSELF at page 45: (so you do are contradicting yourself now?)

"
There you go. You have to spend 64 points basically to get all the reduced aura nodes, acrobatics AND resolute technique.

So basically you can start running all 5 auras without Alpha's howl by level 52 (but really you have to have level 20 reduced mana gem, so you have to wait until level 68 for that to happen).

You don't need to run more than wrath, anger and maybe clarity (for the mana regen, so you can run ST off mana) until about level 65 anyway.

Could someone confirm if you can use 5 auras with only a level 20 redued mana gem? (with out alpha howl)? I am trying to know if i can start next season wiht this build (wont be able to afford alpha howl)
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jan 12, 2014, 7:21:12 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

Could someone confirm if you can use 5 auras with only a level 20 redued mana gem? (with out alpha howl)? I am trying to know if i can start next season wiht this build (wont be able to afford alpha howl)

No you can not. 108.9% needed without Alpha's Howl. You can run without haste. That is only like 11 or 12% of overall dps.
"
runnin17 wrote:
"
FallenBandit wrote:
I know I PM'd you about this Mathit but I would also like the voices from everyone else trying out your build too.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAA8pc7KJtdA5aomm49WlJgQ0rIgwluqkZxb5618rQM4YjKSqluNZKTJx2qwzp4DWxG_o-sWRzc3FebtVivcmxN44jxf8bxdhmKNugyCaZX52MRli2D-wk6UjrhMZ7-CnC7lwb22g488kW3PtkTxKIajycLxq4vb7vjoSJCo3YIPC3-uvT4xPaiQCft892sqnKpWfN82cAakFVmnqeE-tIaODbpHRQXL-w442qPRmTnhtFX4qcI0NBV1iSwd-UyibiTz2WApASzDH1VxhRN8B8QfxZvogDGniSqGYUnqVptJDynXElR

With this, you get 46% reduced mana reserved and 78% increased self buffs.

You would be able to run Wraith, Anger, Haste, another 60% of your choosing, and a purity. Then run prism guardian with reduced mana for the other two purity auras. You would get all of the above for reserving 99% of your mana and 18% of your hp.

This allows you to easily cap all your resistances at 84% now and make your gear easier to find and cheaper.

Please give back feedback.

You lose out on acrobatics and you still take RT. So how are you planning on dealing with reflect. Also, you lose out on tons of defense and HP by using prism guardian. 18% of your HP is tons when you are looking to run an evasion based build that is low on HP.

I thought about doing a similar thing to what you have proposed, but it just doesn't work out. I guess it would be fine in a softcore league if that is the way you want to play and you mainly play in parties. Your passive tree is viable, but you have to understand it is really best for an aura-bitch build with decent dps instead of a hardcore stand alone build.

Running 7 auras or more is nice, but it is mainly for support builds.

Reflect shouldn't be an issue with 84%/possible 85% max resistance with life leech. The evasion given by grace makes up for the missing evasion given by the shield, roughly 3588 evasion rating not including the 24% increased bonus given by sentinel.

Edit: After talking to Languidness, I've decided to run Lightning Coil as my late game chest. It'll be really effective with 85% capped res and fairly easy to cap because of:
49% Prism + 69% Purity + 10% Sentinal = 128%.
Get gear that gives 77% resistance to all resistances, which isn't that hard, and two pieces that will give at least an extra 30% lightning and I'll have 85% capped resistance even in elemental weakness.
Last edited by FallenBandit on Jan 13, 2014, 5:57:47 AM
It seems that someone else has finally caught onto the idea of running prism guardian.

I am running this build with prism guardian and it's working fantastically.

I did not like the looks of the old build and just running acrobatics with evasion... it's too dodgy of a setup for me (bwahaha, I think I'm funny).

Anyways, I decided to go with a hybrid evasion/armor build:
level 86 spec
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfKpbngNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZbmm-p9JNwA81kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8edj_gq3PsauPC3E9ift892sqnKpfNlZ88AaZp760hcvhtEksICkVdZk5x0Uj0bQ0M9lVcYWb6cIuJMMfRB_xp6QVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzFE2iADsoA5ZuPWBDgwlGceGIHaq0DJMnHNzxdn_GEZZwu9kTL29vnspKwzqbtRmK-wn22hqPLYOXBsSiu-P-umxGcmwyCWVNR3426eNq

I run Haste, Wrath, Anger, Purity of Fire, and Purity of Lightning on my mana, and Determination + Grace, or Determination + Purity of Ice on my life with a prism guardian.

It's working pretty well so far. I can do reflect without flinching, double reflect pretty easily (sometimes I need to pop my topaz flask). The hardest thus far has been reflect with -max... that combination of mods gets brutal, and I think it would even with acrobatics (though it would be better).

I'm currently level 84, so I don't actually have that full spec yet, I'm missing the two armor/evasion nodes in the duelist area... but it's going to be awesome with them.

My Gear

When I hit 86 and get those nodes, I'll post my overall stats, I'm pretty solidly tanky and parties absolutely love me.
"
Morael wrote:
It seems that someone else has finally caught onto the idea of running prism guardian.

I am running this build with prism guardian and it's working fantastically.

I did not like the looks of the old build and just running acrobatics with evasion... it's too dodgy of a setup for me (bwahaha, I think I'm funny).

Anyways, I decided to go with a hybrid evasion/armor build:
level 86 spec
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAB8pebXaiaWlJKyG6qtfKpbngNvooB3KQZG_ol34TZbmm-p9JNwA81kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8edj_gq3PsauPC3E9ift892sqnKpfNlZ88AaZp760hcvhtEksICkVdZk5x0Uj0bQ0M9lVcYWb6cIuJMMfRB_xp6QVaeEGjjsOFfid-UyiQSzFE2iADsoA5ZuPWBDgwlGceGIHaq0DJMnHNzxdn_GEZZwu9kTL29vnspKwzqbtRmK-wn22hqPLYOXBsSiu-P-umxGcmwyCWVNR3426eNq

I run Haste, Wrath, Anger, Purity of Fire, and Purity of Lightning on my mana, and Determination + Grace, or Determination + Purity of Ice on my life with a prism guardian.

It's working pretty well so far. I can do reflect without flinching, double reflect pretty easily (sometimes I need to pop my topaz flask). The hardest thus far has been reflect with -max... that combination of mods gets brutal, and I think it would even with acrobatics (though it would be better).

I'm currently level 84, so I don't actually have that full spec yet, I'm missing the two armor/evasion nodes in the duelist area... but it's going to be awesome with them.

My Gear

When I hit 86 and get those nodes, I'll post my overall stats, I'm pretty solidly tanky and parties absolutely love me.

How much HP are you rocking at 86 after reservations, 3k..?
I plan to run a tankier IR variant of this build on Nemesis. In doing so, by level 90 I can only take 2 of the 3 main damage groups - Berserking, Inner Force, and the Ranger Tree. Which of the three groups is the least important?

I'm thinking I'll take Inner Force and the Ranger Tree and leave out Berserking, since the former two also give a nice boost to defensive stats. I'd lose out on some significant DPS by dropping Berserking, but the build's fast APS is having some issues with lightning thorns and corrupting blood anyhow, so I'm hesitant to take even more.

Ranger Tree + Berserking
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzEZYUTRUgFy8ZhRmKGjgajxzcHaoj9iSqJLAn7SmlKk0s6S2DL28xnjIJMok1kjbpOuE7KDwtPydGcUp9SshN404qVdZW-lfiWfNaSFpSW69gQ2TnZp5noGwWbEZuPW6qcLtybHKpd-V82X11f8aApIMJg9uG0Yd2iPGQVZMnlwabXaIAplenhKiaqW6sWayqtAy18rc-u-PAGsSixPbGrs5x037ZE90N4Yjjaudj7DjuDu967_DwH_F28kXyl_Pd9tr60vsJ_Ev8xf4K_o_-ug==

Berserking + Inner Force
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzDH0QfxGWFE0VIBcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UHaokqiSwJ-0ppSpNLOkvbzGeMgkyiTWSNuk64TsoPC0_J0ZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWV-JZ81pSW69gQ2TnZp5noGwWbEZuPW6qb55wu3Jscql35XzZf8aApIMJg9uG0Yd2iPGPRpBVkyebXZu1ogCmV6cIp4SomqlurFmsqrQMtfK3PriTwBrDOsT2xp7GrspKznHPZdDQ2RPdDeGI42rnY-w48B_yRfKX89322vrS-wn8S_zF_gr-jw==

Inner Force + Ranger Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEDlgSzDH0QfxGWFE0WbxcvGYUZiho4Go8c3B0UHaoj9iSqJ-0ppS2DL28xnjKJNZI26TrhOyg8LUZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWVvpX4lnzWkhaUluvYENk52aeZ6BuPW6qb55wu3Kpd-V82X11f8aApIMJh3aI8Y9GkFWTJ5cGm12btaIAplenCKeEqJqsWayqtAy18rc-uJO748AawzrEosT2xp7GrspKz2XQ0NN-2RPdDeGI42rnY-w47g7veu_w8B_yRfKX89322vrS-wn8xf4K_o_-ug==
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 11:39:32 AM
I'm currently at 3.6k after reservation, and that will go up over the next few levels as I grab some of the various 8% nodes that I've forgone at the moment.
When I solo, I can go without grace if I want to, and then I'm up over 4k. But, with the massive mitigation that I have, the 3.6k is actually fine most of the time, I've been soloing 76 maps with relative ease (Academy boss gets a little messy sometimes, but usually isn't too big of an issue).
The difference in acceptable HP levels is so large between HC and SC leagues. T_T I'm feeling low at 5k at 78.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 11:41:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info