Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
Languidness wrote:
I plan to run a tankier IR variant of this build on Nemesis. In doing so, by level 90 I can only take 2 of the 3 main damage groups - Berserking, Inner Force, and the Ranger Tree. Which of the three groups is the least important?

I'm thinking I'll take Inner Force and the Ranger Tree and leave out Berserking, since the former two also give a nice boost to defensive stats. I'd lose out on some significant DPS by dropping Berserking, but the build's fast APS is having some issues with lightning thorns and corrupting blood anyhow, so I'm hesitant to take even more.

If you'd be open to a mixed build... you could make a play off of the one I posted above, as I'm going armor + evasion. Using a similar build to mine (lose some aura effectiveness/berserking and put more points towards health), you could run determination, anger, wrath, purity of fire and purity of lightning on your mana (haste isn't super necessary, especially if you're thinking about dropping some attack speed). With high eva helm/gloves, and possibly boots too, High armor chest and a high eva shield or maybe a hybrid chest and a belt with a high armor roll, you can end up with 11-12k armor which granites for 30k+ and 40%+ evasion pretty easily. You could also play with investing some points in block.

Armor + eva + block is actually very strong, if you've never played a build that has all 3, I implore you to try. It sounds like RNG, and that's why hardcore players shy away from it, but it really doesn't feel like RNG with that many layers of protection.

Sidenote: I simply run the blood magic auras on an aegis because I'm playing on domination and not nemesis, though I have only died once. My recent first death was to a desynch situation in a map I would never even have tried to run on a hardcore league (-max, turbo, monster damage, pack of the lightning ribbons with haste on them just shocked me to death when I was caught on a door jam inside of a room I hadn't even entered).

"
Languidness wrote:
The difference in acceptable HP levels is so large between HC and SC leagues. T_T I'm feeling low at 5k at 78.

Once I have those extra few life nodes I will be far over 5k base health with my build. I'm reserving 22% health and getting 3.6k at the moment, so I'm at like 4700. It's not like I've built a glass cannon, and I'm blood magicing life away to get even MORE defense, primarily for the purposes of a party. My grace and determination give MONSTROUS benefits.
Last edited by Morael on Jan 13, 2014, 11:56:20 AM
-deleted, double post-
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 12:02:59 PM
A mixed spec is terrible unless you can get respectable amounts of both armor and evasion, which this build cannot do without ridiculous gear - it takes no armor or eva buff nodes at all.

Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 12:05:58 PM
"
Languidness wrote:
A mixed spec is terrible unless you can get respectable amounts of both armor and evasion, which this build cannot do without ridiculous gear - it takes no armor or eva buff nodes at all. I did try it - I didn't like it.

Did you see my post of the build? I go through the duelist area, and pick up 84% armor/32% evasion (through my dex I get plenty of evasion %).

What amounts do you consider respectable?
"
Morael wrote:
"
Languidness wrote:
A mixed spec is terrible unless you can get respectable amounts of both armor and evasion, which this build cannot do without ridiculous gear - it takes no armor or eva buff nodes at all. I did try it - I didn't like it.

Did you see my post of the build? I go through the duelist area, and pick up 84% armor/32% evasion (through my dex I get plenty of evasion %).

5K baseline of each without sacrificing 20% of an already nonexistent health pool.
I think your build works fine on Dom, but give Nemesis a go and you'll find 3K is just about the right amount to instarip to damage-buffed CB or Storm Herald. :( Instarip as in about a second.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 12:09:33 PM
"
Languidness wrote:
"
Morael wrote:
"
Languidness wrote:

5K baseline of each without sacrificing 20% of an already nonexistent health pool.
I think your build works fine on Dom, but give Nemesis a go and you'll find 3K is just about the right amount to instarip to damage-buffed CB or Storm Herald. :( Instarip as in about a second.

Well, as I also commented before... you wouldn't use my same setup.

Drop haste and grace. Determination, 2 dps auras, 2 purity auras on your mana. Full health pool available. Use a REAL shield (1.7k evasion with health anyone?). You'll end up with close to or over 6k HP, with 11-12k armor, 6-7k evasion (which is 40%+) and whatever amount of block from your shield.
My -build- isn't centered around Domination. My -setup- IS.
12k armor, 7k evasion. With no grace.

Can you list the rough stats I'd need from gear to achieve this? Sounds pretty impossible without hundreds of exalts to invest.

700 Eva from Alpha
1500 Armor from chest
1500 Eva from shield
200/200 Armor+Eva from gloves
200/200 Armor+Eva from boots
200 armor from belt

2600 total Eva -> 30%ish eva buff from dex -> 3380 eva
2100 total Armor -> 80%ish armor you said -> 3780 -> 90% or so from determination -> 7182 armor

This is with gear that would be considered beyond GG in Nemesis, easily multi exa per piece.
How exactly are you getting 12k armor and 7k eva? I'm getting about half of your numbers with a total gear setup that would cost dozens of exalts upon adding in WED/HP/AS/Resists where applicable.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 12:38:23 PM
"
Languidness wrote:

Can you list the rough gear I'd need from gear to achieve this? Sounds pretty impossible without hundreds of exalts to invest.

Alpha's, gloves with 400 ev, boots with 150 armor/eva, chest and shield with high armor and evasion to fit your needs (I leave this vague because there are lots of possibilities: 2k armor chest, 1.7k eva shield; 2k eva chest, 1.7k armor shield, or go with hybrid pieces). If you could get a belt with an armor roll, that certainly wouldn't hurt either.

My gear setup (which is fully linked on the previous page) with a 1.7k eva sheild would probably get me 11k armor/7k eva at the minimum, I don't know exactly because:
a. I don't have the shield
b. I need 2 more levels to get 32% armor/eva from the duelist area and I don't feel like hand calculating the numbers at the moment.

This build may be quoted as a cheap build, but I will say for sure... if you're trying to make it nemesis viable, it's not going to be cheap (because nothing is). On the same token, it certainly won't be that expensive.

Excluding my prism guardian, the rest of my setup cost me ~8 exalts max (It might be more like 7), and half of that was just for the damn alpha's.
What if you drop Heart of Oak path and Ballistic Mastery (not sure how much projec damage calculates) then use those 5 points to grab Revenge of the Hunted and Crusader?

lose
10 int
10 dex
4% life
30% chance to avoid being stunned
15% block and stun recovery
20% proj speed
20% proj damage
1% life regen

Gain
10 dex (so they cancel)
18% life
28% evasion
4% physical damage
18% physical damage with 1H melee weapons (this should work since it's 1H)
20 strength

So, more life and evasion and perhaps the physical damage increase may cancel the loss of projectile?

thoughts?
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Morael wrote:
"
Languidness wrote:

Can you list the rough gear I'd need from gear to achieve this? Sounds pretty impossible without hundreds of exalts to invest.

Alpha's, gloves with 400 ev, boots with 150 armor/eva, chest and shield with high armor and evasion to fit your needs (I leave this vague because there are lots of possibilities: 2k armor chest, 1.7k eva shield; 2k eva chest, 1.7k armor shield, or go with hybrid pieces). If you could get a belt with an armor roll, that certainly wouldn't hurt either.

My gear setup (which is fully linked on the previous page) with a 1.7k eva sheild would probably get me 11k armor/7k eva at the minimum, I don't know exactly because:
a. I don't have the shield
b. I need 2 more levels to get 32% armor/eva from the duelist area and I don't feel like hand calculating the numbers at the moment.

This build may be quoted as a cheap build, but I will say for sure... if you're trying to make it nemesis viable, it's not going to be cheap (because nothing is). On the same token, it certainly won't be that expensive.

Excluding my prism guardian, the rest of my setup cost me ~8 exalts max (It might be more like 7), and half of that was just for the damn alpha's.

Mathil has 8k eva and 100 armor with a 2.3k Eva 6L. He has arguably the best gear for this build in the entire game. You're trying to tell me he can drop 1k eva to pick up 12k armor. Show me the calculations please.
Last edited by Languidness on Jan 13, 2014, 12:40:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info