Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

So I'm level 64 with an Alpha's Howl, reduced mana level 17 linked to Haste, Wrath and Anger, all the 'reduced mana reserved' nodes this guide recommend me on the 1.3 skill path and every aura cost me 36% of my mana meaning I cannot even use the three 'main' auras.
Maybe, just maybe when my reduced mana gem will hit 20 I'll be able to run the three auras (even though I doubt it) but my point is that I can't fathom how you can actually run 5 auras with so few reduced reserved mana nodes.

I've checked your gear and you do not seem to have any other piece of equipment except Alpha's Howl that reduce mana reserved by spells and I'm seriously wondering how you can pull it off.

Anyone can explain?

Also I have another question:

Why is it recommended to not use life on hit/life leech gems if you have only a 5L piece of armor? I know it cost me quite a lot of DPS but I can't see myself surviving with it.
Last edited by maxime1007 on Jan 15, 2015, 9:56:47 PM
@mustafa2812

Thanks for the response.

Yeah I replaced that ring before my post but acceiently linked it in the page. The new ring has 29% WED, still only 7004DPS with LMP and that's with faster attacks. If I drop out Fast Attacks in place for Life Leech I drop to 5200K DPS

So my belt, both rings, and ammy all have around 30% WED, and my weapon is ooooookaaay. Do you think a weapon with 2.0+ attack speed with 2 elementals and WED on it would be better then the weapon I have with 2.0+ attack speed and 3 flat ele dmg?

Also everyone says the Aur'a add so much dmg but lvl 19-20 for 300 dmg seems small. Even with everything hitting lvl 20 that would only boost my dps with LMP maybe to 8-9k. Anyhow any further advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. I will continue to work on lvling the gems.

Also this is the passive tree I've been following

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAGY7tgwgum43TfgBeu-P-un11xKKv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBha_D6tTNZu1VUth4iaVjDaXl_v1tDjlGUV8H0EDHn1brEdRTMpKwzpKyD8nKk3YvTWStfJuqv4KaPKvbEz_PC3Grrc-ogDwH8BmBLPtIOFzgpuaO3flV-IyiScv7DiQVRo4sULzEXGFwBpG19q5fNn3MnKpxPb-j_JFxp4Qfwx9gsf56EGHgwlvntaKfyt311b67g7vek2SI_ajio19EYHdRmOnCpvnCkp945-Hdmeg_MWVZgSxTGA=
Last edited by rustypipe on Jan 16, 2015, 1:03:08 AM
"
maxime1007 wrote:
I can't fathom how you can actually run 5 auras with so few reduced reserved mana nodes.

Why is it recommended to not use life on hit/life leech gems if you have only a 5L piece of armor? I know it cost me quite a lot of DPS but I can't see myself surviving with it.

This build was created a long time ago - since the tree changes you can't run 5 auras that include Haste (60% aura) any more. With all the reservation nodes and reduced mana gems you can (just) get Wrath, Anger, HoT, HoI and a Purity.

Look at some of the more recent skill trees posted in this thread. A better route is to pick up lots of attack speed nodes where you can. If you do this then you don't need faster attacks and can run LL instead - I have a character in Torment using this build like that.

Here's my current build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EsQSzCpsMfQ18D6sQfxa_Fy8Ziho4Go8dqh9BI_YmlScvKPotgzIJMok1kjwtQYdFfEZxRtdMYE2SUzVVS1XWVylXyVfiWfNh4mTnZp5sRm-ecYVybHKpdqx35XzZfXWApIGvgpuCx4MJjDaQVZVmlwaXl5u1ogCjiqlurKqxBbFCtAy0OLXytz640LvjwBrAZsM6xKLE9saexq7KSs9-037Yvdo64XPhiOUZ5wrqGOq67DjtIO4O73rzEfba9zL56PrS-wn79f4K_ro=

Aura gem levels and AS/WED on gear make a huge difference to this build's damage output

"
rustypipe wrote:
@mustafa2812

Thanks for the response.

Yeah I replaced that ring before my post but acceiently linked it in the page. The new ring has 29% WED, still only 7004DPS with LMP and that's with faster attacks. If I drop out Fast Attacks in place for Life Leech I drop to 5200K DPS

So my belt, both rings, and ammy all have around 30% WED, and my weapon is ooooookaaay. Do you think a weapon with 2.0+ attack speed with 2 elementals and WED on it would be better then the weapon I have with 2.0+ attack speed and 3 flat ele dmg?

Also everyone says the Aur'a add so much dmg but lvl 19-20 for 300 dmg seems small. Even with everything hitting lvl 20 that would only boost my dps with LMP maybe to 8-9k. Anyhow any further advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. I will continue to work on lvling the gems.

Also this is the passive tree I've been following

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAGY7tgwgum43TfgBeu-P-un11xKKv6xqP9tr7CRmKLYOXBha_D6tTNZu1VUth4iaVjDaXl_v1tDjlGUV8H0EDHn1brEdRTMpKwzpKyD8nKk3YvTWStfJuqv4KaPKvbEz_PC3Grrc-ogDwH8BmBLPtIOFzgpuaO3flV-IyiScv7DiQVRo4sULzEXGFwBpG19q5fNn3MnKpxPb-j_JFxp4Qfwx9gsf56EGHgwlvntaKfyt311b67g7vek2SI_ajio19EYHdRmOnCpvnCkp945-Hdmeg_MWVZgSxTGA=

My gear is probably slightly worse than yours and with lvl 20 Anger, Wrath, and HoT I have about 8700 dps. If you really wanted to you could do the math on the weapon but if you don't it's really guess work. I'd say that your weapon is quite good. If you could get similar dps with 2 flat ele rolls, the same or better attack speed, and WED on it, that would probably be the best but that's gonna cost you I think. Maybe find a weapon that you can craft WED onto. Honestly though if you could just get a weapon with similar or slightly worse flat ele rolls with 2.13 or 2.16 aps that might be better too. My weapon has just 165 dps but its 2.13 aps.

Either way gem levels are going to be the biggest thing for you. With all the auras and at lvl 20, seeing as I have 8700 dps with worse gear and a lvl 18 HoT, you'd probably have close to 10k dps. You're also going to need to get more ele dmg on the passive tree, I'm assuming. You're only lvl 72 which means I'm assuming you have a lot more dps nodes to pick up. That will help considerably. Prioritize the attack speed nodes if you haven't already.

After that 20 quality on WED, LMP, and ST are actually pretty important. Thats another 15% increased attack speed and 10% ele dmg. Gem lvl on ST is probably important here too because it increases the base dmg of spectral throw.

Just get some more levels, get lvl 20 auras, and maybe replace your weapon with a faster one but at that point I would honestly expect you to have about 10k dps.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
"
covaruk wrote:
"
maxime1007 wrote:
I can't fathom how you can actually run 5 auras with so few reduced reserved mana nodes.

This build was created a long time ago - since the tree changes you can't run 5 auras that include Haste (60% aura) any more. With all the reservation nodes and reduced mana gems you can (just) get Wrath, Anger, HoT, HoI and a Purity.

Look at some of the more recent skill trees posted in this thread. A better route is to pick up lots of attack speed nodes where you can. If you do this then you don't need faster attacks and can run LL instead - I have a character in Torment using this build like that.

Here's my current build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EsQSzCpsMfQ18D6sQfxa_Fy8Ziho4Go8dqh9BI_YmlScvKPotgzIJMok1kjwtQYdFfEZxRtdMYE2SUzVVS1XWVylXyVfiWfNh4mTnZp5sRm-ecYVybHKpdqx35XzZfXWApIGvgpuCx4MJjDaQVZVmlwaXl5u1ogCjiqlurKqxBbFCtAy0OLXytz640LvjwBrAZsM6xKLE9saexq7KSs9-037Yvdo64XPhiOUZ5wrqGOq67DjtIO4O73rzEfba9zL56PrS-wn79f4K_ro=

Aura gem levels and AS/WED on gear make a huge difference to this build's damage output

Thanks, I'll try to adjust my build a little more.
@mustafa2812

Thanks for the info, is that 10k dps without fast attacks in the links? or with? I only have a 5L at the moment and would love to put life leach in it, but that means sacrificing faster attacks which drops my dps a fair bit.

My current problem atm is running maps 72+, even 71 maps can be troublesome sometimes due to the DPS issues.

So leveling is really slow as I have to run 68-69-70 maps to have better clear speed. With the DPS growing so slowly should I Just run these till my gems are lvl 20? I'm currently lvl 77 now.

Also what would suggest for the 5L issue, just take life leech and drop faster attacks for the time being?

Which gems should you get up first to 20%, I'm assuming Wrath, Anger, WED, then Spectral?

What should your DPS be at before you start doing lvl 74-78 maps

Last edited by rustypipe on Jan 16, 2015, 4:27:01 PM
"
rustypipe wrote:
@mustafa2812

Thanks for the info, is that 10k dps without fast attacks in the links? or with? I only have a 5L at the moment and would love to put life leach in it, but that means sacrificing faster attacks which drops my dps a fair bit.

My current problem atm is running maps 72+, even 71 maps can be troublesome sometimes due to the DPS issues.

So leveling is really slow as I have to run 68-69-70 maps to have better clear speed. With the DPS growing so slowly should I Just run these till my gems are lvl 20? I'm currently lvl 77 now.

Also what would suggest for the 5L issue, just take life leech and drop faster attacks for the time being?

Which gems should you get up first to 20%, I'm assuming Wrath, Anger, WED, then Spectral?

What should your DPS be at before you start doing lvl 74-78 maps

Definitely with Faster Attacks. I really would suggest either making do with less dps or getting a cheap 6L or Tabula Rasa if you really want that ~10K dps. Ya I would take life leech now. Not sure how you are sustaining Blood Magic Spectral Throw without it but it sounds like a pain. If you are really impatient I honestly think there is nothing wrong with buying lvl 20 auras. I've never had the patience to take a character to the level where it's gems naturally got to 20. Quality is unnecessary for your auras. I would get a 20% LMP, then spectral, then WED. After lvl 20 auras if you want to buy those. I do mostly 70-72 maps with my character right now but Zana has taken me to lvl 74 maps pretty often and I don't have an issue with my dps in those and I'm at 8700 dps. 10K seems like a comfortable dps for 75-78 maps. Honestly life leech helps a lot with feeling more comfortable in higher level maps. Spectral throw sheet dps is a strange thing because it seems low but you are hitting at least twice and with our shocking enemies, the dps goes even higher.
Domination IGN: The_Bloody_Fist and Aurora_Temptus
http://poexplorer.com/ - Forum Item Search
http://exilestats.com/ex/ - Approximate currency exchange rate.
http://www.poebuilder.com/ - Advanced skill tree builder.
Yeah currently with blood magic I'm sustaining it with life Regen and some items I have give life on hit, or life leach at 1%. Between the life regen and those items it somewhat keeps my life up to tabs unless I'm casting for an extended period. I keep 3 health pots on my belt to pop constantly, however the life leech would save me in boss fights A LOT.

The unfortant part is without fast attacks I think my dps drops to about 7.3k or somewhere in that marks. Which means I'm stuck grinding out lvl 68-70 maps for a bit until i can buy / lvl my aura's to lvl 20 corrupted.

I still don't know how Mithril got his LMP up to 14k dps :p but that would be nice :D hoping to get there eventually. Once the DPS issue is out of the way it will be very tanky, especially if I can ever get that stupid Belly of the beat 6 sockets and 5linked or 5linked.
Hi, I've seen the 1.3.0 tree but u started out with ranger. I've decided to try scion so I was wondering would the tree looking something like this instead?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KJu1wzrKSm-eYeImlRa_D6tTNYw2VUv79bQ45RlFfJeXGo_22vsJGYrEopcGLYPTfn11_rq740rIWlKomptd8pe18m6qNZL-j9i98kX-Crc-gsf56EGHxp4Qfwx9xPY8LcauogDwH2jyr2xM_8BmBLOCm-0g4XOaO3flV-IyiXzZ9zJyqZBVJy_sOMAaGjixQvMRcYVG11cp73rnCgqb7g4EsUxgo4qVZk2SI_aNfRGB3UZjp1b6d9fWin8r_MVKfeOfh3ZnoB9BAx4=

Also, now that aura reservation from tree only grants 12% reduced mana reserved, when you will end up running the haste instead? Thanks and I hope u can post an update with a scion tree if mine was inferred wrongly!
"
Hi, I've seen the 1.3.0 tree but u started out with ranger. I've decided to try scion so I was wondering would the tree looking something like this instead?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAgwlgQ249A5Y7KJu1wzrKSm-eYeImlRa_D6tTNYw2VUv79bQ45RlFfJeXGo_22vsJGYrEopcGLYPTfn11_rq740rIWlKomptd8pe18m6qNZL-j9i98kX-Crc-gsf56EGHxp4Qfwx9xPY8LcauogDwH2jyr2xM_8BmBLOCm-0g4XOaO3flV-IyiXzZ9zJyqZBVJy_sOMAaGjixQvMRcYVG11cp73rnCgqb7g4EsUxgo4qVZk2SI_aNfRGB3UZjp1b6d9fWin8r_MVKfeOfh3ZnoB9BAx4=

Also, now that aura reservation from tree only grants 12% reduced mana reserved, when you will end up running the haste instead? Thanks and I hope u can post an update with a scion tree if mine was inferred wrongly!

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAOygDlmBDbj2DCW-eykrDOpu1UzUPqxa_Ax4fQSaVYeJVS4w25Rm0OPv1l5dFfBmK-wn22hqPLYOXBsSiu-P-un11037veu4Oo4oj9k2STGCVZgSxrEdRTLXyNZLYvf4Ktz756EGHgscMfcaeEH_3MnKpxPY8LcauwBpZ86yqkFUaOOw4Jy-Cm-0gd-VX4jKJ4XOiAMBmBLOxQvMRcYVG11cpgKRV1mTnFy_60maefNl2rOoYz34Km-cKHarhiEZxtAwNfOq6V8ko-rEFuNCBr9o6qW4yCXJsbEY=

Run something like that instead, probably not optimal but more viable than what you'd do (which is exactly what I did before with my Scion)

You won't be running haste either way. Anger, Wrath, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice and a purity is what you'll be going for.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info