Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Respeccing my templar buzzsaw.
Does this look ok to you lot for a templar passive tree:

Is it possible to run: Anger, wrath, haste, herald of thunder and herald of ice with those passives, alpha and a reduced mana gem?

Edit: After testing there isn't enough mana to run both heralds. Only one. Any easy solutions?

Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 29, 2014, 9:56:56 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Respeccing my templar buzzsaw.
Does this look ok to you lot for a templar passive tree:

Is it possible to run: Anger, wrath, haste, herald of thunder and herald of ice with those passives, alpha and a reduced mana gem?

Edit: After testing there isn't enough mana to run both heralds. Only one. Any easy solutions?

Not quickly, but with 10 more points you can take other two reduced mana reservation and go up to 34%. With that, alpha and reduced mana you can run all those five auras.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#auras=1&name[1]=Aura+Group+1&ang[1]=1&cla[1]=&has[1]=1&hoi[1]=1&hol[1]=1&wra[1]=1&bmg[1]=&rmg[1]=20&mul[1]=100&rms=34&alp=1&life=1000&mana=1000
So I decided to try a ele buzzsaw, however I'm not sure which build to do. There is your build and now a crit version. I'm torn between which I want to do and I'm thinking that the crit is stronger, but yours is cheaper. Am I right on this assumption?
"
Razial22 wrote:
So I decided to try a ele buzzsaw, however I'm not sure which build to do. There is your build and now a crit version. I'm torn between which I want to do and I'm thinking that the crit is stronger, but yours is cheaper. Am I right on this assumption?

Go crit, you can build it fairly cheap either way. Non-crit Spectral Throw generally sucks right now. I hope there's some kind of non-crit buff in the 1.3 changes.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Any update for this build for 1.3?
Looking at the 1.3 tree on poebuilder, this build could once again be very tasty. That elemental damage cluster near Templar will work wonders if you deal all types of elemental damage like Buzzsaw does..

Here's what I'm thinking to try so far:

Spoiler

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAOyhuPQOWgwlgQx2q4YhGcRqP9tr7CRmKm7XDOspKb57EopcGLYPTfn11_rq74xa_D6tTNWHiJpWMNlVLH0EDHkrIWlKomptd8pc1krXybqq3Pv4K2L3GnhB_DH2Cx_noQYexBbjQga_aOij6ffXE9jwtxq582fcycqnPfnas6hjauUbXVylxhcAaWfOsqrFC8xGQVRo47DgnL4Kb7SCaO-FzogCApFXWZOcXL_rSZp5CoySwd-VX4jKJ42oWbwSzwGYYXa3x

Still have to decide if it's worth going out to Acro/Phase Acro. The build is a light on Dexterity needed for a foil so the points to get there aren't "wasted" as such. I suppose it depends on your gear. Similarly it may be worth taking the life and evasion nodes near Finesse rather than other life nodes. Removing Precision and Retribution near Templar will free up points if to do this if needed.

Last edited by covaruk on Dec 9, 2014, 3:30:33 AM
"
covaruk wrote:
Still have to decide if it's worth going out to Acro/Phase Acro. The build is a light on Dexterity needed for a foil so the points to get there aren't "wasted" as such. I suppose it depends on your gear. Similarly it may be worth taking the life and evasion nodes near Finesse rather than other life nodes. Removing Precision and Retribution near Templar will free up points if to do this if needed.

You can easily give up on Acrobatics so long you have decent HP pool and dps to effectively mow down mobs/leech from them. I've been running with only 5,1k HP as my only real defense, except avoiding stuff thrown at me, and it proved working well enough to do whole Apex in less than 20 mins (this doesn't inlcude clearing all the thrash and spending time on vendoring all the rares).

Foil might be a problematic matter so it would be advisable to get something like this:

With this weapon I could drop few dex nodes which I had to take due to my previous 212 dex foil. Only real nuisance now are int requirements for lv21 Wrath and lv20 HoT.

Last edited by borek664 on Dec 9, 2014, 12:25:27 PM
Last edited by Texcupo on Dec 9, 2014, 4:39:18 PM
Yeh, I'm not seeing a huge advantage in Acrobatics especially with the nerf to block when using it. It's more of a "nice to have" now, I think I'd rather grab more life/evasion nodes.

Texcupo: Grabbing the Aura nodes at top right is pretty much a waste of skill points - what are you using mana for that you need Clarity running? Not using Blood Magic?
Last edited by covaruk on Dec 10, 2014, 4:22:06 AM
I think the aura nodes at top right are pretty good, you can run wrath, haste, anger, herald of ice and thunder (you cant run all without, that 4% reduced mana reserved) and the 20% effect of aura is a big improvement i think.

And yes, i thinking on use mana instead of blood magic, but i dont know...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info