Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I don't understand how he has the int to support level 20 wrath?
"
I don't understand how he has the int to support level 20 wrath?

You need to get the int from your gear. The skill tree used to include a lot more int, but now you need to get it on your gear, which makes this spec more expensive than before.
We have really easy access to 2 30 int nodes, one close to RT and the other close to Acrobatics. You can use those until you can cover the requirements with gear. With both of them selected I'm at 160 int, which is enough to run a level 21 wrath according to the wiki.

This is as scion though, I'm not sure how much less int the other classes get by default.

Edit:

It seems the posted trees (PoEbuilder site) only takes into account the int from the tree, not the int you get from your class. Keep that in mind, when calculating how much int you'll need.
Last edited by Caimath on Sep 26, 2014, 4:51:12 AM
"
Edzilla wrote:
Looking for a build that can run any map, any mod - and it seems this build has really the best chances.

Here's my max block, marauder buzzsaw build.

It's doable with scion too, i just like marauder better.

You get 75% block with remorse or 4% amulet.

You sacrifise DPS for max block, but its worth it being able to do double-ele reflect packs NP.

Any input on if people think this will be viable? i'd like to put out at least 10k dps
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
Looking for a build that can run any map, any mod - and it seems this build has really the best chances.

You sacrifise DPS for max block, but its worth it being able to do double-ele reflect packs NP.

Any input on if people think this will be viable? i'd like to put out at least 10k dps

I seriously doubt you'll be able to get 10k dps with that build, unless you have godlike gear. You're missing a ton of elemental damage, as well as projectile damage. Not to mention the significant lack of attack speed (one attack speed node gave me over 200 dps increase and my gear is still pretty meh and my auras are still level 18).

As a side node, I'd never do spectral throw without the 2 projectile speed nodes. The extra range is an incredible quality of life improvement, and it could potentially increase survivability as well.

Will it be viable? Sure, anything can be viable, in theory. I just don't think you'll be able to pull the dps you're looking for. :/

That said, I wouldn't know for sure, as I haven't tried it myself. I'm not smart enough to calculate / theorycraft the dps you'll get at the end.
"
Caimath wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

I seriously doubt you'll be able to get 10k dps with that build, unless you have godlike gear. You're missing a ton of elemental damage, as well as projectile damage. Not to mention the significant lack of attack speed (one attack speed node gave me over 200 dps increase and my gear is still pretty meh and my auras are still level 18).

As a side node, I'd never do spectral throw without the 2 projectile speed nodes. The extra range is an incredible quality of life improvement, and it could potentially increase survivability as well.

Will it be viable? Sure, anything can be viable, in theory. I just don't think you'll be able to pull the dps you're looking for. :/

That said, I wouldn't know for sure, as I haven't tried it myself. I'm not smart enough to calculate / theorycraft the dps you'll get at the end.

It has a decent amount of attack speed, and there aren't any elemental dmg nodes that I dont pick up, that mathil does on his build.. but I do see the strength in having more projectile speed.

I save a few points in the Scion build. Here it is.

Here are the stats.
Spoiler
+190 to Strength
+170 to Dexterity
+80 to Intelligence
+80 to maximum Mana
+207 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+3 Maximum Endurance Charge
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
5% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
5% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
43% increased Projectile Damage
50% increased Attack Speed
148% increased maximum Life
35% additional Chance to Block with Shields
26% increased Effect of Buffs on You
+20% to Chaos Resistance
12% increased Cast Speed
24% increased Radius of Auras
26% reduced Mana Reserved
28% increased effect of Auras you Cast
6% additional Chance to Block while Dual Wielding or holding a Shield
30% increased Projectile Speed
40% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+22% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield
20% increased Block Recovery
15% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker
80% increased Armour from equipped Shield
+5 Life gained on Kill
2.2% of Life Regenerated per Second
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
40% increased Elemental Damage
6% increased Movement Speed
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
10% increased Melee Physical Damage
40% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+16% Energy Shield
+38% increased Melee Physical Damage
+340 Accuracy Rating
34% increased Evasion Rating

It has a little less % max life, but more over all damage.
"
Edzilla wrote:

It has a decent amount of attack speed, and there aren't any elemental dmg nodes that I dont pick up, that mathil does on his build.. but I do see the strength in having more projectile speed.

Here are the stats.
Spoiler
+190 to Strength
+170 to Dexterity
+80 to Intelligence
+80 to maximum Mana
+207 to maximum Life
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
+20% to Chaos Resistance
12% increased Cast Speed
+5 Life gained on Kill
+8% to Fire Resistance
+16% Energy Shield
+340 Accuracy Rating

I think you might've missed the elemental nodes in the top shadow cluster. That single cluster has a lot of elemental damage.

But honestly, I don't know. I just know that as level 79 I still only have 7.2k dps with Mathil's suggested Scion build, with all of the damage nodes taken already. This tells me that you'll need fairly good gear to get similar dps with less damage nodes (or at least 20/20 gems).

The best way to tell really, would be to try it out. :)
"
Caimath wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

Here are the stats.
Spoiler
+190 to Strength
+170 to Dexterity
+80 to Intelligence
+80 to maximum Mana
+207 to maximum Life
+3 Maximum Frenzy Charge
+3 Maximum Power Charge
+20% to Chaos Resistance
12% increased Cast Speed
+5 Life gained on Kill
+8% to Fire Resistance
+16% Energy Shield
+340 Accuracy Rating

I think you might've missed the elemental nodes in the top shadow cluster. That single cluster has a lot of elemental damage.

But honestly, I don't know. I just know that as level 79 I still only have 7.2k dps with Mathil's suggested Scion build, with all of the damage nodes taken already. This tells me that you'll need fairly good gear to get similar dps with less damage nodes (or at least 20/20 gems).

The best way to tell really, would be to try it out. :)

Whats your gear like? and do you run a 6 link?

I don't play softcore leagues, so i think max block is going to be pretty important for this build to do well.
"
Edzilla wrote:

I don't play softcore leagues, so i think max block is going to be pretty important for this build to do well.

You can find my gear linked at the top of this page (the massive wall of text post :P), it hasn't changed since then, because I've not had time to play.

At the moment I don't have a 6 link, but the 6th link most likely wouldn't add any damage, as it'd probably be life leecH (not running leech atm, because I don't really seem to need it, again this would be different if I was on hardcore).

Also, as long as you get a lightning coil, I don't really think you need max block to do well with this build in hardcore. We have pretty decent health pools and incredible attack speed to whirling blades around with. If I play it safe, I pretty much never get hit by anything.

I would be interested in seeing the results of your build though, so if you plan on leveling it, I'd like to know how well you do. :)
"
Caimath wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:

You can find my gear linked at the top of this page (the massive wall of text post :P), it hasn't changed since then, because I've not had time to play.

At the moment I don't have a 6 link, but the 6th link most likely wouldn't add any damage, as it'd probably be life leecH (not running leech atm, because I don't really seem to need it, again this would be different if I was on hardcore).

Also, as long as you get a lightning coil, I don't really think you need max block to do well with this build in hardcore. We have pretty decent health pools and incredible attack speed to whirling blades around with. If I play it safe, I pretty much never get hit by anything.

I would be interested in seeing the results of your build though, so if you plan on leveling it, I'd like to know how well you do. :)

The only reason why I really considered max block is for ele reflect. It seems like if you run any map with ele reflect mod, you run the risk of dying nearly offscreen to a double reflect pack, especially since your projectile speed is so high. Really the only way to get around this is block or vaal pact CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info