Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

Interested to know whether a 2h variant is doable/able to survive, especially on HC leagues. Also interested to know whether Vaal Pact/Iron Grip is worth the points to go for
Okay, I think I have decided on a final spec for this. Hopefully :)

Chime in with your thoughts. Also keep in mind I am using Saffell's frame (31% spell block, plus 5% increased maximum resists). Main defense is lightning coil, enduring cry/immortal call. Will my resists at 89/82/89 and 30% dodge chance reflect should be no trouble at all. Due to using lightning coil, acrobatics and immortal call I can ignore evasion and armor (that is the theory anyway). This spec allows for 5 endurance charges (so with 20/20 immortal call and 20/20 increased duration that is 8 seconds of physical immunity when using 5 charges).

Mathil, just a question since you have played the build the most. Have you ever been in real trouble with the build for more than 8 seconds? If not, then I think my spec will work very nicely :)

is 0.13 attack speed on weapon really beter then like 100 eDPS?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
could you learn me where you learned to craft?! like a guide or something?
cuz i would really like to learn how because i intend to play POE for many years to come and i need to learn that stuff!!

and im currently levling my guy lvl 20 so far and i will need a sword for lategame !! if you could let me know price!

Get yourself a white foil with 1.7 base attack speed. I use a serrated foil because of the low Dex & level requirement. Try to get one with an item level of 77 (26-27% attack speed), 75 (highest weapon elemental damage or highest cold damage) or 74 (highest fire and lightning damage). Or ilevel 69 is high enough for tier 2 mods which is not that big of a deal. There are 3 ways to see the item level of an item. (picking up an item with cursor and typing /itemlevel in chat is one of them).

Next use an orb of transmutation to make it magic. Next use orbs of alteration to get the highest attack speed that you can. Once you do that, use an orb of augmentation to give it a second magic mod. If that is no good, then keep using alterations until you get very high attack speed + 1 of either 4 high roll prefixes (These are listed best to worst... weapon elemental damage, added lightning, added fire, added cold).

Stop right there. You can do end game maps with just that blue weapon.. From here it gets expensive because you have to regal it to make it a 3 affix rare. You could get unlucky and have to start again. Then you will need to eternal / exalt for the final mods. Much better to purchase a yellow foil with 25%+ attack speed and 2 of the mods you need for an exalt max.

I am working on this item that I bought for 1 exalt. So far 2 Eternals + 4 exalts used but no luck getting attack speed.

I have 2 slots left for suffixes and need to roll attack speed so I get 2 shots per Eternal.

I could also try to Eternal / Exalt my current sword that I bought for 6 chaos...

On this one, I have 1 open suffix and 2 possible affix categories. I would get 1 exalt shot per eternal.

Either one would should give me an outstanding end game weapon for less than it would cost to build one from scratch.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 2, 2014, 3:57:54 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

Yes. You forget that when you are running anger and wrath every hit gets the damage from those auras applied to it. I think I did the math and with level 20 gems in Alpha's Howl and quality WED gem, you get 220% increased elemental damage from those auras. That is right at 1000 dmg PER HIT.

Just think how fast you are attacking. It looks like mathil's attack speed is at least 6-7 attacks per second. So that is 6-7k dps just from the auras (and that is only taking into account one projectile when we are actually firing THREE projectiles). So that is 6-7k dps from ANY weapon that allows you to attack about 6-7 times per second. The ele damage on the weapon would be calculated on top of that. Not to mention that Spectral Throw tooltip dps should routinely be multiplied by 2.5 at least since you are firing off 3 projectiles which can partially shotgun enemies.
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

You can not compare eDPS to attack speed as the attack speed on weapon increases eDPS. .13 attack speed would be about equal to a max roll cold damage prefix (36-64). Looking at Mathil's gear, level and build, .10 attack speed on weapon is about equal to 38 average elemental damage on weapon. So, 36-64 cold prefix = 50 average per hit. 38 * 1.3 = 49.4. Almost the same.

"
runnin17 wrote:
Yes. You forget that when you are running anger and wrath every hit gets the damage from those auras applied to it. I think I did the math and with level 20 gems in Alpha's Howl and quality WED gem, you get 220% increased elemental damage from those auras. That is right at 1000 dmg PER HIT.

Just think how fast you are attacking. It looks like mathil's attack speed is at least 6-7 attacks per second. So that is 6-7k dps just from the auras (and that is only taking into account one projectile when we are actually firing THREE projectiles). So that is 6-7k dps from ANY weapon that allows you to attack about 6-7 times per second. The ele damage on the weapon would be calculated on top of that. Not to mention that Spectral Throw tooltip dps should routinely be multiplied by 2.5 at least since you are firing off 3 projectiles which can partially shotgun enemies.

I am pretty sure that over 11,000 of Mathil's dps is from Wrath and Anger. I'd be curious if Mathil can check his tooltip dps with just haste on. I am guessing about 3K.
Last edited by Daarknight on Jan 2, 2014, 4:14:04 PM
"
Daarknight wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
could you learn me where you learned to craft?! like a guide or something?
cuz i would really like to learn how because i intend to play POE for many years to come and i need to learn that stuff!!

and im currently levling my guy lvl 20 so far and i will need a sword for lategame !! if you could let me know price!

Get yourself a white foil with 1.7 base attack speed. I use a serrated foil because of the low Dex & level requirement. Try to get one with an item level of 77 (26-27% attack speed), 75 (highest weapon elemental damage or highest cold damage) or 74 (highest fire and lightning damage). Or ilevel 69 is high enough for tier 2 mods which is not that big of a deal. There are 3 ways to see the item level of an item. (picking up an item with cursor and typing /itemlevel in chat is one of them).

Next use an orb of transmutation to make it magic. Next use orbs of alteration to get the highest attack speed that you can. Once you do that, use an orb of augmentation to give it a second magic mod. If that is no good, then keep using alterations until you get very high attack speed + 1 of either 4 high roll prefixes (These are listed best to worst... weapon elemental damage, added lightning, added fire, added cold).

Stop right there. You can do end game maps with just that blue weapon.. From here it gets expensive because you have to regal it to make it a 3 affix rare. You could get unlucky and have to start again. Then you will need to eternal / exalt for the final mods. Much better to purchase a yellow foil with 25%+ attack speed and 2 of the mods you need for an exalt max.

I am working on this item that I bought for 1 exalt. So far 2 Eternals + 4 exalts used but no luck getting attack speed.

I have 2 slots left for suffixes and need to roll attack speed so I get 2 shots per Eternal.

I could also try to Eternal / Exalt my current sword that I bought for 6 chaos...

On this one, I have 1 open suffix and 2 possible affix categories. I would get 1 exalt shot per eternal.

Either one would should give me an outstanding end game weapon for less than it would cost to build one from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Well stated. I have a Serrated I've sunk 400 alterations into and I still can't get the lucky tier1 damage foil of Celebration. I've seen Celebration about 6 times and every time it required an Augment for the Prefix. Makes it a little more exciting I guess having that YOLO augment feel to it lol.

Serrated is definitely the best imo for the stat requirements (159?) I'm actually trying to roll out all 6 affixes I think.
"
Daarknight wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

You can not compare eDPS to attack speed as the attack speed on weapon increases eDPS. .13 attack speed would be about equal to a max roll cold damage prefix (36-64). Looking at Mathil's gear, level and build, .10 attack speed on weapon is about equal to 38 average elemental damage on weapon. So, 36-64 cold prefix = 50 average per hit. 38 * 1.3 = 49.4. Almost the same.

"
runnin17 wrote:

I am pretty sure that over 11,000 of Mathil's dps is from Wrath and Anger. I'd be curious if Mathil can check his tooltip dps with just haste on. I am guessing about 3K.

so looking at resist on weapon instead of elemental damage would be good also? since elemental damage on weapon doesnt give that much?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
Daarknight wrote:

3k with no auras. 3.3k with just haste.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
so looking at resist on weapon instead of elemental damage would be good also? since elemental damage on weapon doesnt give that much?

Prefix

Weapon Elemental Damage (max 36).
Added Lightning
Added Fire
Added Cold

(you would love 3 of these. Preferably the first one as it is worth far more than the other 3).

Suffix
Attack speed (23-25) or (26-27)

Best mod by far. Nothing is close.

The resistances are also suffixes.

You can have 3 prefixes ad 3 suffixes on an item so resistances will not interfere with you rolling any of the prefixes. If you are using Mathil's exact build, you will never crit so there is really nothing else to try to roll for a Suffix other than resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info