Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

does this build work with bow.
"
runnin17 wrote:

Now one question I do have is about Life Gain on Hit. I know in general life leech is considered to be better in late game; however, if you are worried about reflect would a 20/20 Life on Hit gem be better to switch out since you will gain that life back immediately (basically like vaal pact). I will try and play around with LGoH a bit and see if it is just as viable with life leech with this build since the build attacks so fast.

For example, on quill rain builds you pretty much see people always run LGoH because they are attacking so fast. This build is not as fast as a quill rain build, but ST always pierces, so you hit a lot of enemies and you hit them fast.

I ran LGOH until late 50s, where I had to swop to LL. The problem with LGoH is that you don't have issues with the packs - you're right, loads of hits on loads of guys with instant life = nice - but white/blue baddies aren't the major threat. LGoH doesn't work against single-target threats: vicious yellows, troublesome reds, and the elite piety/doms/vaals/exiles. You're hitting fast, yes, but with only one target you're not hitting enough to regain the life compared to LL. LL is the only way to go.

A.

For those who are wondering about a melee version of this build, it DOESN'T suck. You just gotta learn to build it right. Currently lvl 75 and i can run lvl 70 maps no problem.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAA5YEswW1DH0QfxGWFm8XLxmKGjgajxzcHRQdqiLqJLAn7S9vMZ4yCTKJNZI11jbpOuE7KDwtRQpGcUrIVcZV1lfiWfNgQ2TnZp5sRm49bqpvnnB9cLtybHKpfNl_xoBWgKSDCYbRiPGPRpBVkyebtaIAplenCKeEqW6sWayqtAy18rc-uJO-vMAawzrE9saexq7KSs3qz2XQ0NQj2RPhiONq52Po1uw48B_xdvJF8930xvba-tL7Cf4K

I'm not really rich so i have only decent gear but i have 15.8k dps with IB right now and 82/77/77 resist i run grace, hatred, haste, purity of ele and fire. I have about a lil over 8k eva cuz i obviously dont have a good shield or chest, which ill be upgrading soon i hope.
Last edited by laochef on Jan 2, 2014, 6:40:09 AM
"
laochef wrote:
For those who are wondering about a melee version of this build...i run hatred...

A perfectly admirable and effective, but completely different, build.

ETA: actually, I'm not sure it is. There are hatred/phys aura builds around, but I'm pretty sure they don't look like this. The key point of Mathil's build is that ALL your damage comes from your auras, so you deffo don't need +phys and you don't even really need +ele weapon damage in the tree (though obviously it helps). On your build, however, Hatred works off of phys, and you have very, very little +phys. I just don't get how it can hit the same kinda DPS levels.
Last edited by Altissimus on Jan 2, 2014, 11:20:25 AM
Will i be able to solo dominus on lvl 40 without any auras?
Last edited by Shadov1 on Jan 2, 2014, 1:10:13 PM
I have this weapon sitting in my stash. Would it be viable for me to use in this build? And good job with this guide. I'm very tempted to give it a go.

"
Celestriel wrote:
I have this weapon sitting in my stash. Would it be viable for me to use in this build? And good job with this guide. I'm very tempted to give it a go.

yes you can easily use it for a while. Of Course a 2.16 would be better but even with this weapon you shouldnt have any trouble in low 70s maps.
So I've started purchasing some decent bases and crafting OP items for this spec. Here is what I have so far:

Spoiler

Prefix: Nightmare's - Currently at 119% with a max potential of 120%.
Prefix: Phased - Currently at 382 with a max potential of 400.
Prefix: Vigorous - Currently at 108 with a max potential of 109.

Suffix: Of The Magma - Currently at 42% with a max potential of 45%

Suffix options in order of preference:

1. Of The Lightning/Of The Ice - 42%-45% Lightning/Cold Res. Either is fine
2. Of The Exile
3. Of The Lightning/Of The Ice - Whichever is available after #1
4. Of The Phantasm

I honestly would keep the eternal if I rolled Phantasm last and depending on how much currency it took I'd probably try to get the third suffix on sword to be Worthy/Apt/Phantasm. See below. This would allow me to drop the dex on chest and go for the 3rd Res.

I currently have around 3 exalts invested in this chest. That is from white to current state. One fusing at a time crossing my fingers I'll get the 6L sooner than the 3k it took on my Quill Rain.

Spoiler

Prefix: Cremating - Currently at 105 dps with a range potential of 98 to 120.
Prefix: Entombing - Currently at 95 dps with a range potential of 87 to 107.

3rd Prefix Requirement: Electrocuting

Suffix: Of Infamy - Currently at 25% with a max potential of 25% Second Tier :(
Suffix: Of The Deadeye - Currently at 213 with a max potential of 250. Second Tier

Suffix options in order of preference:

1. Of The Phantasm
2. Of The Worthy/Apt
3. Any of the Resistances Tier1

If I were to land Worthy/Apt as a 6th affix I would keep the eternal to roll out at a later time.

I currently have around 1.5 exalts invested in this sword. That is from white to current state.

I also have some other swords available for sale if anyone is interested. They are great for this build and ones I've used or crafted along the way. PM an offer if you are interested in upgrading to any of these:

Spoiler

Also for anyone interested, below is my current gear/stats. My gear isn't really that good as I've spent most of the currency I've found on crafting or buying random items for alts. Here it is:

Spoiler

With 5L chest shown below:
Buffed ST DPS: 5,883
Evasion: 7,667 or 44%
Life: 4,481
Buffed Res: 80(153)/75(119)/80(106)/-39

With 6L TR and Level 18 FA:
Buffed ST DPS: 7,112
Evasion: 4,334 or 33%
Life: 4,219
Buffed Res: 80(134)/75(89)/80(106)/-39

I'm typically a hardcore player that has found it much more enjoyable in Dom league playing with friends. I mention that because I'm a firm believer in balancing stats (or going slightly heavier on survivability) than stacking one way or the other. I believe this build is the perfect end-game balance between dps and damage mitigation.

As another side note I've never played an evasion build and while I think it's much less RNG based than armour builds, holy shit does it have its downfalls. 5 of my 11 deaths came at level 78 trying to figure out how to do the labyrinth boss. I literally had to pillar while my buddy spent 3 minutes whittling down the boss. Zero time to react to the boss attack even expecting it. Would specing into OG eliminate the risk in this? In group play we have all 13 buffs at 70%+ effectiveness so my Evasion is close to 15k with Grace. (I think that's close to 64%).
Last edited by jdweber1982 on Jan 2, 2014, 3:20:13 PM
could you learn me where you learned to craft?! like a guide or something?
cuz i would really like to learn how because i intend to play POE for many years to come and i need to learn that stuff!!

and im currently levling my guy lvl 20 so far and i will need a sword for lategame !! if you could let me know price!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Jan 2, 2014, 2:29:51 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
could you learn me where you learned to craft?! like a guide or something?
cuz i would really like to learn how because i intend to play POE for many years to come and i need to learn that stuff!!

and im currently levling my guy lvl 20 so far and i will need a sword for lategame !! if you could let me know price!

best would be to just pm jdweber to ask in detail and for the deal, so you dont get any competitors :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info