Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
VixTrader wrote:
"
I checked out your gear - you have 16 Anger and Wrath and a 5L. Okay bro...

And by the way, you make a lot of assumptions don't you? I'm intentionally not leveling my character because I want the challenge of trying to kill Atziri at lvl 71, with low life. I don't set up characters to map, anybody can do any map. I play maps with my IIQ/IIR RF char. I'm sure my ST right now could do 78's with no issue. I'm setting up for Atziri at low lvl. I've already stated several times, if you're just doing maps, a rare shield is fine. Saffells is for hard boss fights, not trash maps.

You know you can just do what I do:

weapon switch:

didn't you ever play Diablo? Weapon switch is part of the game, use it :)

What's the point of saffel? We don't take any shield block nodes to make it work.

From one thing to another: Has anyone tried supporting st with thief's torment
In theory it would allow you to drop bm and life leech gems.

Also yet another thing sprung to my mind: Wouldn't it be better to replace haste in alpha with a lvl 2-4 empower gem? Does haste really get enough of a boost to warrant it's place there?
Last edited by kompaniet on May 31, 2014, 6:20:34 AM
Thief's torment would significantly reduce dps, even with 2 bonus gem sockets. It doesn't have WED or +elemental dmg on it. On top of that, it doesnt have the best resists and no life.

Empower has a mana multiplier, using it with auras would increase the mana reserved.
Last edited by Malifix on May 31, 2014, 8:01:31 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
What's the point of saffel? We don't take any shield block nodes to make it work.

Increased maximum resistances which translates into expotentially higher elemental damage reduction.
"
VixTrader wrote:

didn't you ever play Diablo? Weapon switch is part of the game, use it :)

+1 for pro backtracking skills after ignoring several people who told you that.

"
VixTrader wrote:
I've already stated several times, if you're just doing maps, a rare shield is fine.

Even better backtracking, but I'm glad we got there. :)

Gl with your Atziri attempt, Uber Atziri has been done with 4.3k HP so I'm sure you'll manage it easily.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 31, 2014, 8:07:22 AM
"

Because 5% increased maximum resists is a massive reduction in damage taken. The only situation where I could see it wouldn't be worth it is if you happened to not use lightning coil. If you don't use lightning coil, likely physical damage is your biggest issue and in that case you'd be better off trying to mitigate physical damage.

But since my character (and yours too) should wear lightning coil and the full CWDT + enduring + immortal gem set up, physical damage is a total non factor to this build. That's why it's kinda funny listening to guys talk about their evasion shields, as if it makes one damn bit of difference to a character that is not threatened by physical damage at all.

The only threat is elemental damage, hence, the best friggin elemental damage mitigation item in the game, Saffells shield :)

"
Wouldn't it be better to replace haste in alpha with a lvl 2-4 empower gem? Does haste really get enough of a boost to warrant it's place there?

You're right that Haste doesn't really benefit, but that's not the reason people use Haste in their Alpha. The real reason is, it's very hard to get a R R R B Alpha. If we could, we'd all use one and put our purity of fire in there (or vitality if you use that) Or a R R B B and put Purity of Lightning in there instead.

But since it's damn near impossible to not get a green socket in your Alpha, we all just default and put Haste in there. I've already dropped at least 400 chromes trying, and I'm back to my old R R B G unfortunately.
Last edited by VixTrader on May 31, 2014, 9:43:12 AM
"
VixTrader wrote:
That's why it's kinda funny listening to guys talk about their evasion shields, as if it makes one damn bit of difference to a character that is not threatened by physical damage at all.

Self admittedly you've never entered a 78 map. Self-admittedly you've never mapped properly with this spec. Please come back when you have experience and don't pull theory crafting out your ass, tyvm.
Understood. Completely forgot empower increased mana reserved for auras also.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Understood. Completely forgot empower increased mana reserved for auras also.

You lose 1 aura(PoF) when using empower. If using level 3-4 empower it can be worth it to speedrun maps. The only big issue at that point is that you need 4 off colors on alpha's(rrrb).
Last edited by kasub on May 31, 2014, 1:03:16 PM
"
Self admittedly you've never entered a 78 map.

I can't believe I'm debating with someone who thinks 78 maps are hard. Like it's the pinnacle of the game or something. Look dude, I'm sorry you're having trouble with maps and trash mobs. Maybe you should think over your character build and do something different. Maybe then you wouldn't be talking about maps as if it fucking matters lol.

Set up your character to be tanky, physical and elemental damage mitigation with lightning coil, immortal call, and high max resists, and fucking right click. Is there something about this concept you find difficult?
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Self admittedly you've never entered a 78 map.

I can't believe I'm debating with someone who thinks 78 maps are hard. Like it's the pinnacle of the game or something. Look dude, I'm sorry you're having trouble with maps and trash mobs. Maybe you should think over your character build and do something different. Maybe then you wouldn't be talking about maps as if it fucking matters lol.

Set up your character to be tanky, physical and elemental damage mitigation with lightning coil, immortal call, and high max resists, and fucking right click. Is there something about this concept you find difficult?

Can't believe I'm arguing with someone like you, you really think that I think 78 maps are hard? I think Uber Atziri is easy. I can give you cold hard facts about this build from playing it in a HC environment in Nemesis doing endgame content. You can sit on standard and die more than you can level up.

I think you are delusional about your idea and over-defensive about it. I think you have no clue how where builds draws their strengths from and I think you'll never get a character past level 90.

I don't care if you think wearing Saffell's makes you a god, you can stay at level 71 forever and play your RF character all you want. You might not care if you gimp yourself and die once or twice a level, but for serious players who actually want to push this spec to the limit, we can't all adopt that attitude.
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 31, 2014, 3:19:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info