Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

A checkpoint for me:

Current gear
Spoiler

Current Stats
3.8k life
around 5k evasion
75/75/75/-14 resist
5k dps with AS of 0.26
Level 72 Shadow build

How am i doing so far? (Need some great advice on how to upgrade my gears too)

thanks in advance :D
One Word: Alpha's.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

And another word: Saffells
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Probably got the same issue as me, not enough cash to buy one and farming 3.5ex takes a while :)

Really frustrating that most uniques are worth a couple of chaos at most and I seem to have lots of them drop
"
AgentTrack wrote:
A checkpoint for me:

Current gear
Spoiler

Current Stats
3.8k life
around 5k evasion
75/75/75/-14 resist
5k dps with AS of 0.26
Level 72 Shadow build

How am i doing so far? (Need some great advice on how to upgrade my gears too)

thanks in advance :D

And is that really your gem configuration?

- Purity of ice and light, neither attached to reduced mana? Why not purity of fire, or vitality instead of ice?

- No Cast when damage taken / increased duration / enduring cry / immortal call? Without that at least, and without lightning coil, physical damage must rape you.

- I'm not seeing Elemental weakness. Do you not use a curse?

- Leap slam? You already have whirling blades.

- Lvl 17 gems as a lvl 72 character? That seems kinda low doesn't it?

- Saffells shield costs a few chaos, you don't need to go for legacy for that extra 1%.

- You could use a geofri's helm until you can afford an Alpha.

Last edited by VixTrader on May 29, 2014, 10:50:55 AM
I dont use saffels as there is no real need to it neither lightning coil i have like 4k life 14k deeps with wrath/anger/haste and so far did almost all difficult mods,minmax,double bosses etc.....even survived double turbo piety and dom so i think its more of how good u play and not like facenaking everything....also lvl 80 soon 81 and resists are 77% all three
"
VixTrader wrote:
And is that really your gem configuration?

- Purity of ice and light, neither attached to reduced mana? Why not purity of fire, or vitality instead of ice?

- No Cast when damage taken / increased duration / enduring cry / immortal call? Without that at least, and without lightning coil, physical damage must rape you.

- I'm not seeing Elemental weakness. Do you not use a curse?

- Leap slam? You already have whirling blades.

- Lvl 17 gems as a lvl 72 character? That seems kinda low doesn't it?

- Saffells shield costs a few chaos, you don't need to go for legacy for that extra 1%.

- You could use a geofri's helm until you can afford an Alpha.

Neither cwdt-immortal call nor Lightning Coil are necessary for this build to work. I've been doing perfectly fine without those two up to lv90 where I decided to invest in some armor gloves for the cwdt combo. Physical damage can be dealt with easily with only eva items provided you know what you're doing but if you are braindead even the best defenses in the game won't help you.
It's amazing how many people utter the phrase: "i'm doing perfectly fine..."

Yes, you can play with an inferior character, we get it, you don't need to say you do fine and can kill such and such maps and shit. Of course you can, as everybody else can too. So what?

The question is about being optimized no? And your character sure as shit is far from optimized, that was my only point. If that's how you want to roll, go for it man. If you feel like playing a weaker set up suits your play style because you have to be more on your toes, friggin go for it. Everybody gets enjoyment out of the game in different ways.

But then why bother posting your weird ass set up and asking for feedback, if you aren't going to take the feedback? CWDT + Enduring + Immortal is just a no brainer kind of set up. Why the hell not use it is the question? Are you strapped for skill slots? No of course not. This character can easily have 2 gear pieces empty. Why not use it? Do you just not enjoy 5 seconds of immunity? Is it the flash of light that bothers your eyes? Seriously, why not? Empty gear slot, awesome friggin skill. Maybe put 2 and 2 together and go for it?

Lightning coil? Why not use it? budget, ok that's a fair comment. But anything other then you can't afford it, and it begs the question, why not use it? Do you have a problem with 40% damage reduction, with life and lightning damage?

Saffells? Need I say again, why not use it? Do you really think your high evasion shield actually has 20% damage reduction? Seriously you think that? Because Saffells does. 5% increased resists is 20% elemental damage reduction. Can't beat that !

anyway, If you didn't post your set up and ask for feedback I wouldn't have said anything. Since you did, I did. Your set up is very far from optimized, that's my only point. If you like your char, play it, and don't ask others because they'll likely say similar things to what I did. Peace
"
Saffells? Need I say again, why not use it? Do you really think your high evasion shield actually has 20% damage reduction?

I don't really agree with using saffells. It's great for atziri but simply overkill outside that. Your main weakness is physical damage, elemental damage is very easy to deal with. You want that extra block/evasion/life that you get from a rare shield(not to mention more resists).

At the moment I have 84 fire resist and 86 lightning(21 PoL in alpha).Just use a flask for difficult elemental bosses and you'll be able to tank them all(Except in minus max maps). If you really want to do even better then use vaal grace(it caps both your dodge and spell dodge).

Saffel would be better if it didn't remove 24+ block chance but it does.
Last edited by kasub on May 29, 2014, 3:49:35 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"
Saffells? Need I say again, why not use it? Do you really think your high evasion shield actually has 20% damage reduction?

I don't really agree with using saffells. It's great for atziri but simply overkill outside that. Your main weakness is physical damage, elemental damage is very easy to deal with. You want that extra block/evasion/life that you get from a rare shield(not to mention more resists).

At the moment I have 84 fire resist and 86 lightning(21 PoL in alpha).Just use a flask for difficult elemental bosses and you'll be able to tank them all(Except in minus max maps). If you really want to do even better then use vaal grace(it caps both your dodge and spell dodge).

Saffel would be better if it didn't remove 24+ block chance but it does.

It costs nothing to keep a saffell's on switch to throw on for piety or dominus or -max res maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info