Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
sinatyx wrote:
Ok so I'm level 68 so far and loving the build, looking to get a little gear advice and some input on upgrading order. Here is my gear, I just need to know what pieces are in need of desperate upgrades and what order I should work on getting them. Currently have about 5 ex sitting in stash.

Spoiler

Would greatly appreciate any help I could get on this but wont be able to check again for another 9 hours or so because of work.

Gloves with attack speed and life.
Better shield. Lioneye is nice.
Rings with life and more elemental damage.
Belt is nice but could be upgraded for one with 30% elemental damage +life relatively cheap provided you can get the resistances elsewhere.

What makes Crest of Perandus a bad shield? To me it's amazing, I still use it and I'm level 86.
"
Darkith1546 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
sinatyx wrote:
Ok so I'm level 68 so far and loving the build, looking to get a little gear advice and some input on upgrading order. Here is my gear, I just need to know what pieces are in need of desperate upgrades and what order I should work on getting them. Currently have about 5 ex sitting in stash.

Spoiler

Would greatly appreciate any help I could get on this but wont be able to check again for another 9 hours or so because of work.

Gloves with attack speed and life.
Better shield. Lioneye is nice.
Rings with life and more elemental damage.
Belt is nice but could be upgraded for one with 30% elemental damage +life relatively cheap provided you can get the resistances elsewhere.

What makes Crest of Perandus a bad shield? To me it's amazing, I still use it and I'm level 86.

a really high 1.5k+ evasion shield would prolly be better than 10% extra block chance, plus you can get more life or resis.
Trigger warning: newb questions

1. What's the fireball spell for? It seems sort of randomly stuck in there.

2. Is it worth adding EK on CWDT for more bullet hell?

3. Is Whirling Blades the main attack or Spectral Throw? Is whirling just for movement? (Never tried it before).
Thankyou very much for the advice and I'll be sure to follow up as soon as I get a day off.
And for Merneith
1. No idea I assume he is just leveling it up.
2. If you have the spare slots why not this build leaves quite a bit up to the user.
3. Spec throw is main attack and whirling blades is basically just for the movement, it does take some getting used to (at least for me it did since I was use to leap slam) but is absolutely amazing when you get it down.
"
sinatyx wrote:

3. Spec throw is main attack and whirling blades is basically just for the movement, it does take some getting used to (at least for me it did since I was use to leap slam) but is absolutely amazing when you get it down.

I use leap slam and whirling blades. LS is very handy sometimes.
"
sinatyx wrote:
Thankyou very much for the advice and I'll be sure to follow up as soon as I get a day off.
And for Merneith
2. If you have the spare slots why not this build leaves quite a bit up to the user.

Thanks, both of you. I tried whirling once and thought it was sort of awkward but I'll keep at it. I might stick with Lightning warp though.
"
Merneith wrote:
"
sinatyx wrote:
And for Merneith

Thanks, both of you. I tried whirling once and thought it was sort of awkward but I'll keep at it. I might stick with Lightning warp though.

You need your attack speed stacked massively high to make proper use of Whirling Blades. Once you get there, there is no faster way of traveling.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Hey,
I wanted to ask you guys, if anything to improve pops out:

Stats: 3,8k life and 14k dps & max res

gear:
Spoiler

for now I decided against a 6link coil. That would take "some" time to sell gear to exas to be able to afford it. As for now I dont have the time and prefere to spend the time I have playing :D

I will search for a better amu though. I would like to have some life on it :o

passive tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLMMfRB_EZYUTRcvGYUZiho4GmwajxzcHRQdqh4aJDwkqiSwJpUnqSj6Klstgy9vMok26TyORnFJUVM1VUtVxlXWVvpXyVfiWfNabWOnZOdmnmegbWxte2-ecLtyqXflfNl9dX_GgKSDCYbRh3aPRpBVkyeXBpu1ogCnCKdcp4SsqrQMtDi1SLiTu-PAGsM6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NIZ037W0dkT3UbhiONq5Rnquuvu7DjuDu9689322vrS-wn79fxO_MX-uv-T

Next I will fetch the life nodes. Although I am thinking about the 3x "8% projectile dmg" nodes as well :o :D
But I have to improve my life pool first...
Last edited by Poerger on May 19, 2014, 4:15:45 AM
You might have farm a lot to have this stuff at lvl 81...
yeah, had a "lame" (but fun tbh) searing bond mf build before to accumulate some currency. Worked quite well for me :o
Last edited by Poerger on May 19, 2014, 5:04:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info