Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
cloudscraper wrote:
how do you manage your maps?

Do the highest ones possible or get a critical mass of X level maps before doing them?

You should build a pool of certain level maps first then go a level higher. Ofcourse you can run a higher map every now and then and in the end its all about RNG. I've never got higher then 74 maps in domination but then again I didn't played maps for like 3-4 weeks before the league ended.

Also have a look at this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977.
"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
"
cloudscraper wrote:

Do the highest ones possible or get a critical mass of X level maps before doing them?

You should build a pool of certain level maps first then go a level higher. Ofcourse you can run a higher map every now and then and in the end its all about RNG. I've never got higher then 74 maps in domination but then again I didn't played maps for like 3-4 weeks before the league ended.

Also have a look at this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977.

I know the thread and keep it open all the time, but i feel like that approach is EXTREMELY slow and not even that rewarding.

Plus, you basically don't gain xp when at lvl 81-82 since you'll be stuck on 70-71-72 maps... happened on two different chars on me.

Btw, how do you deal with Torture Chamber boss room? Have dps high enough to outnuke everything?
"
cloudscraper wrote:
"
Ruffneck058 wrote:
"
cloudscraper wrote:

I know the thread and keep it open all the time, but i feel like that approach is EXTREMELY slow and not even that rewarding.

Plus, you basically don't gain xp when at lvl 81-82 since you'll be stuck on 70-71-72 maps... happened on two different chars on me.

Btw, how do you deal with Torture Chamber boss room? Have dps high enough to outnuke everything?

The way I play maps is alching every lvl 68 map and above aiming at at least 60% IIQ when it comes to lvl 70+. I also reroll very few mods that include: Blood Magic, Fracture and -max (this one only if I'm going to kill the boss provided his damage is elemental based, otherwise I'll just run it skipping the boss). By doing maps this way I've managed to build pool of lvl 70-75 maps that took one and half pages in my stash to the point I had to start making mule characters for storing other stuff like uniques and/or valuable rares. Experience also isn't a problem since lvl 72-75 maps give decent amount of it up to lvl 90.

As for Shock&Horror:

Purity of Lightning lvl20
+

+

=
99% Lightning resist making her damage laughable.
it's not shock and horror, it is the spider that summons shitloads of curse immune blue spiders :D
"
cloudscraper wrote:
it's not shock and horror, it is the spider that summons shitloads of curse immune blue spiders :D

Then it's not Torture Chambers but Jungle Valley. Haven't beaten her on my Scion buzzsaw yet but I guess stack Chaos resist, HP, get LGoH and stay close to walls.
"
borek664 wrote:
"
cloudscraper wrote:

Then it's not Torture Chambers but Jungle Valley. Haven't beaten her on my Scion buzzsaw yet but I guess stack Chaos resist, HP, get LGoH and stay close to walls.

A 4L with Spell Totem + Frost Wall + Faster Casting + Increased Duration helps.
Guide to my Windripper spec just now up and running here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/870140

If I missed anything you want to know feel free to tell me and I'll do my best to procrastinate for days before eventually doing it.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
cloudscraper wrote:

I beat her on my domination character with 20% life leech (level 19) and good dps. Leeched back enough to not die. Did so consistently.
If you can't kill her now then wait a little longer and next time you level give her a shot so you don't lose anything.

If still can't kill, wait, repeat or forever skip. When I was skipping her I'd trade 3 jungle valley's for the next level map to vendor. Or I'd see if someone on trade chat wanted to swap maps (which was like pulling teeth with how much I despise trade chat).
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Uhm you forgot to add what gems to use or did i completly miss it in the guide? :)
Anyone have thoughts on this?

Passive skill tree build

Goal is basically to just dump a bit more DPS on but at the cost of some life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info